Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOMINIK ADDRESSES BOWERS' KNEE INJURY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 30, 2011, 01:38:13 AM

He was rated as the number 1 pick only a couple of months ago. I was pretty vocal on this board about not taking him at 20 if hes still there because he would obviously have a legit knee problem. He fell to 51 one however. A couple months ago the number 1 rated player falls to 51! Its not a dumb pick at all and it still wont be a dumb pick if he doesnt work out. Will it be disappointing and unfortunate? Of course, but I wont look back and say that it was a dumb pick. You take a guy who was rated number 1 at pick 51 especially if hes a position of need unless he is rolling around in a wheel chair. Its on the Bucs to go to work and rehabilitate him as well as they can. Its a challenge they are willing to take and if they succeed they will have raped every other team in through this draft.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 30, 2011, 01:41:27 AM

If #1 falls to #51.... something is wrong. Very wrong.

But he might have plenty of time to rehab since it looks like the chances of a 2011 season is slim.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 30, 2011, 01:44:09 AM

If #1 falls to #51.... something is wrong. Very wrong.

But he might have plenty of time to rehab since it looks like the chances of a 2011 season is slim.

Doesn't necesarly mean he cant be a great player.  Look at Sapp. or Aaron Rodgers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 30, 2011, 01:45:10 AM

Well, just 3 seasons ago our 2nd round pick was Dexter "Freakin" Jackson. So, even if Bowers only holds up a couple of years it's still a BIG improvement.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#49 : April 30, 2011, 07:34:22 AM

What is all this talk about him not being a "Second Contract" Guy? When was the last time our second round pick got resigned????? Brian Kelly? Hell, Most of us can't wait to get Barrett Ruud the hell outta here, and he's a 100% Healthy, Drag-Down Cream Puff!

And wasn't J-Dog just complaining about not picking Bowers in the first round yesterday? But today it's a bad pick?

And I'm with you GameTime! I'm waiting on cyberdude to tell us who he would have picked. Don't hold your breath tho. It's easier to complain about the draft when you wait for the front office to make a move, AND THEN POO POO on it!  Heaven forbid they actually draft someone you like.   

So here's your opportunity: Tell us who you think the Bucs should draft in rounds 4-7. Or for that matter, who they shouldn't draft...... (I'll Wait)

Honestly, I hope they hate the rest of the draft. That seems to work out well for those of us who actually like the Bucs! ;)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 30, 2011, 07:44:26 AM

Amazing that Wednesday I prayed that the Bucs wouldnt pick Bowers or Clayborn at #20.

And somehow we ended up with both.

What a freakin disaster this is going to be. Reports are that ortho doctors are saying Bowers knee is not going to get better. Many teams completely took him off their draft boards. This guy probably would have fallen to the 4th round.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 30, 2011, 08:04:58 AM

Are people whining about the risk of a guy with this much talent at the 51st pick? This is a guy with top 5 talent. For a team with no pass rush, taking a chance on a guy like that with the 51st pick is a no brainer. It's not like we passed on someone who will be a sure fire good NFL players. If Bowers' knee turns out bad, it's not like we ruined a first round pick. If he pans out, we may have a Pro Bowl DE.

Exactly. We're talking about a late second round pick here. It's risk/reward and it was the right pick if you ask me. Caddy blew out his meniscus twice and he returned to form. Why all the worry?   

This pick was a gamble, just like every other pick in every other draft is a gamble, to some degree. Hey, at least we didn't give up two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder and two 4th rounders for a WR. This move, whether you like it or not was 100x less risky than what Atlanta did in selecting Julio Jones.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

obuc

Starter

#52 : April 30, 2011, 08:20:34 AM

What is a meniscus tear?
A meniscus tear is a common knee injury. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci (plural of meniscus)-one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.

See a picture of the knee and the meniscus .

What causes a meniscus tear?
A meniscus tear is usually caused by twisting or turning quickly, often with the foot planted while the knee is bent. These tears can occur when you lift something heavy or play sports. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. This can make it tear more easily.

See a picture of common meniscus tears .

What are the symptoms?
There are three types of meniscus tears. Each has its own set of symptoms.

With a minor tear, you may have slight pain and swelling. This usually goes away in 2 or 3 weeks.

A moderate tear can cause pain at the side or center of your knee. Swelling slowly gets worse over 2 or 3 days. This may make your knee feel stiff and limit how you can bend your knee, but walking is usually possible. You might feel a sharp pain when you twist your knee or squat. These symptoms go away in 1 or 2 weeks but can come back if you twist or overuse your knee. The pain may come and go for years if the tear is not treated.

In severe tears, pieces of the torn meniscus can move into the joint space. This can make your knee catch, pop, or lock. You may not be able to straighten it. Your knee may feel "wobbly" or give way without warning. It may swell and become stiff right after the injury or within 2 or 3 days.

To me, if your going to have a knee injury, this isnt an MCL or ACL, though untreated , it could create that. Surgery was recent and he still was active. I think it will come back fully. I think we got a steal. I also think we will have him for second half of the season.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 30, 2011, 08:55:53 AM

I didn't realize humans were different when McCants played.    Thanks for the revelation that the human species has totally evolved into a new creature since then.

To be fair medicine was very different.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#54 : April 30, 2011, 08:59:01 AM

What is a meniscus tear?
A meniscus tear is a common knee injury. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci (plural of meniscus)-one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.

Well and this info is right, I've torn my meniscus twice....but the thing is it shouldn't be a big lingering problem. Seriously, if 32 team passed on this kid, and then 19 passed on him twice, because of a menicus tear that's crazy. I find it hard to fathom that is ALL this is because with modern techniques this isn't even a major problem anymore.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#55 : April 30, 2011, 10:01:43 AM

Maybe this doesn't compare, idk.

When I was younger one of my friends fathers had a quad (4-wheeler) flip on top of him. He was in Wisconsin at the time. Afterwards he was completely paralyzed from the waist down. He went to (literally) 99 doctors within the next five years after the accident, and they all told him he would NEVER walk again. The very last Dr. (FL guy) he chose to go to (100th) said, "I can get you to walk again, but it's going to take a looong time, and will be extremely painful."

After many years, the guy IS walking again. So things like this happen. They can have all the doctors they want, it doesn't mean they're always right.

If Bowers was there in the 2nd, I would've took him too. Hell, I even posted it the day before lol.

Damn fine job so-far Dom. Would've rather had Kerrigan and then Bowers, but whatever.... "We got robbed!!"  ::)
: April 30, 2011, 10:03:19 AM Benchwarmer#1

smove28

Starter

#56 : April 30, 2011, 10:16:52 AM

Maybe this doesn't compare, idk.

When I was younger one of my friends fathers had a quad (4-wheeler) flip on top of him. He was in Wisconsin at the time. Afterwards he was completely paralyzed from the waist down. He went to (literally) 99 doctors within the next five years after the accident, and they all told him he would NEVER walk again. The very last Dr. (FL guy) he chose to go to (100th) said, "I can get you to walk again, but it's going to take a looong time, and will be extremely painful."

After many years, the guy IS walking again. So things like this happen. They can have all the doctors they want, it doesn't mean they're always right.

If Bowers was there in the 2nd, I would've took him too. Hell, I even posted it the day before lol.

Damn fine job so-far Dom. Would've rather had Kerrigan and then Bowers, but whatever.... "We got robbed!!"  ::)

First First, great story, God bless him and his family. Second, we already have a bunch of perfectly healthy ends that play like they are injured, maybe these guys will do the opposite. To be honest, if we can get one decent season out of Bowers that is one more than we got out of our last Clemson DE. I honestly think he will get limited playing time, but I see him being a beast the plays he is on the field. Is that worth a second rounder yes. Good job Dom

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#57 : April 30, 2011, 10:23:44 AM

we already have a bunch of perfectly healthy ends that play like they are injured, maybe these guys will do the opposite.

LMAO.

Zinger of the draft so far.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#58 : April 30, 2011, 10:42:34 AM

we already have a bunch of perfectly healthy ends that play like they are injured, maybe these guys will do the opposite.

LMAO.

Zinger of the draft so far.

+2 lol
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOMINIK ADDRESSES BOWERS' KNEE INJURY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools