Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Draft Grade After Day 2 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

: April 29, 2011, 11:24:52 PM

Seriously this draft couldn't have gone any better. We have got nothing but great value and instant impact starters. We could not have one more pick in this draft and I would be happy, lol.

A+

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 29, 2011, 11:26:26 PM

Solid B

The only way I can see anything higher is if our top 2 picks had no injury/medical history.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2011, 11:26:45 PM

B

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 29, 2011, 11:27:15 PM

A

Nice picks, this Dominik knows what he is doing. And 5 more to come tomorrow.  Its funny, who would have thought we end up with BOTH Clayborn and Bowers?  With no trade ups no less.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 29, 2011, 11:28:51 PM

Solid B

The only way I can see anything higher is if our top 2 picks had no injury/medical history.

Your right about that but I trust our FO and don't see them putting us in a position where they would affect our team. Thats the worse part about it but if they produce at all like they did in college we are set.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 29, 2011, 11:29:13 PM

A- only reason not and A+ is bc of injury concerns, but the draft really couldn't have gone much better IMO.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2011, 11:30:28 PM

today, its an A+.

now if clayborns erbs does become an issue, and bowers knee ruins him...

but today, A+.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 29, 2011, 11:33:55 PM

A+ - if all three stay healthy.
B- if Bowers doesn't.
D- if Clayborn is a bust and Bowers doesn't stay healthy.
Bowers has the most upside of any second-day player. Dom went for a home run and you have to love it.

In Verner We Trust

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 29, 2011, 11:36:24 PM

B.

Because it sounds good, and it looks good.

But what the hell does it matter?

Only time will tell.

If Bowers does not hit the field, it is a soild D.  If the other guys fail, and MCoy and Price do not fare well...

Well Dominik might need to worry about getting talked about in less than gracious tones.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2011, 11:38:28 PM

B-

Landing Mason Foster really reinforced the focus on the front seven.  I expect tomorrow to see a focus on some DB's and possibly OL.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 29, 2011, 11:39:33 PM

A-
Couldn't have gone much better. (injury concers are the only thing keeping this from an A+
Right now it's an A-, ask this question in 5 years and we'll see if we feel the same way, hopefully we do.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#11 : April 29, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

A-/A

Would have rather seen Jordan called at 20, but still "A"ish.  Good draft is not having to reach for need.  2 picks are good value at need, one is excellent value at need. 

*Lots of people putting up conditional grades.  Not how this game works.*
: April 29, 2011, 11:43:44 PM threadkiller

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#12 : April 29, 2011, 11:40:51 PM

B+ ,subtract the injury concerns with Bowers I'd give Dominik a solid A.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 29, 2011, 11:47:18 PM

B - would have loved to jump up a couple picks to grab Prince in the first.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 29, 2011, 11:48:20 PM

Front seven Heaven.

Hard to grade this with Bowers' condition. I appreciate the effort to beef up our front seven, which was really needing the attention. Bowers could be a second-round gem, but I'm more cautious than Dom. We'll see. I expect Clayborn to be solid. I know less about Foster, but from what I've read and seen, he looks like a decent third-round pick-up in an area of need. We have the chance to look back at this draft and judge that we did as well as NO and ATL without trading picks.

Grade A if Bowers turns out to be a gem.
Grade D if Bowers can't get on the field much or is not a difference-maker.

Is that cheating?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Draft Grade After Day 2 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools