Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Draft Grade After Day 2 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

awitron

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 30, 2011, 12:07:20 AM

I give it a B+, with the potential for an A+ simply if we hit on Bowers and Clayborn.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 30, 2011, 12:09:00 AM

I give it a B+, with the potential for an A+ simply if we hit on Bowers and Clayborn.

Agreed.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#17 : April 30, 2011, 12:22:19 AM

A

Everyone had Bowers with a first round grade even WITH the knee concerns and we got him in the 2nd. We were awful in the run and we got two of the best run defenders at the DE position in Bowers and Clayborn. Our worst two positions were just vastly improved. Then we drafted Foster, which is icing imo. Can replace either Ruud or Hayes and gives us a more physical presence.

Double McCoy and we'll have Price, Bowers, and Clayborn playing 1 on 1

As of today, from a prospect stand point, we killed it. Now they just need to translate their games to the NFL (which of course is impossible to predict anyway)

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 30, 2011, 12:42:18 AM

Definitely this.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 30, 2011, 07:49:35 AM

A+ (If they all make it to the Hall of Fame)
F- (If they all get cut before Training Camp)
 HAHA!

Seriously guys the draft is ALL about potential and expectations. No one expects their first and second round picks to be busts.
And one one expects your 6th and 7th round picks to be Pro Bowlers.

The reality is somewhere in between.  If we get 3-4 productive years out of Bowers and Clayborn, then fine. It won't be any worse than what we've gotten in the past. But if either one reaches their full potential.....LOOK THE HELL OUT!!!

Because I'm an ETERAL OPTIMIST.... I grade the draft an "A" so far. Our Needs were addressed with Supreme Potential! As a fan, that's all I can ask for.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 30, 2011, 07:54:07 AM

Even without knowing who the last 5 picks will be........an A. In fact, I would give the Bucs an A for their collective last 3 drafts. We needed a franchise QB. We got one. We needed WRs and DTs. Done. We needed DEs and a LB. Great start.Toss in some late round DBs, a trade for K2, and some PS acquisitions, and we have a contender. We lost 8 starters on a VERY young team, and just missed the playoffs. That grades out as an A in my book. Raheem may not communicate very well with java, but he sure does with anyone who's important. He and Dominik make a great team, AND they have made a great team. I can't wait to see the rest of this draft and the season get started.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Draft Grade After Day 2 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools