Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Check out this post in Falcon land...priceless! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Buc45

Starter
« : April 30, 2011, 02:43:36 AM »

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3919722-you-being-lied-to/

Right on the money!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #1 : April 30, 2011, 02:56:43 AM »

its amazing how many Falcons fans are behind that stupid decision and arguing with the guy who created that topic. I wouldnt have accepted doing that for Calvin Johnson and they do it for Julio Jones... They were a year late with that move, Suh was the only guy worth something like that even if DT wasnt a need.

Buc45

Starter
« #2 : April 30, 2011, 03:01:52 AM »

Agreed...That was trade to be made for a once in a lifetime type player...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #3 : April 30, 2011, 08:06:56 AM »

i dont know, the falcons gave up a lot, but i dont think it was that bad of a move.  they dont seem to be building for the long term, but if they have a couple year window where they make a couple superbowls i think we would all agree its worth it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
« #4 : April 30, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »

Alot? They gave up the FARM. Thats the trade you make for a Von Miller... MAYBE for AJ Green. Not Julio Jones.

Pants on the ground

Priceless

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #5 : April 30, 2011, 08:44:19 AM »

It's a bad trade no matter how you look at it. The falgoons gave up two 1st's a 2nd and two 4th's for the 2nd best WR in the draft who will be nothing more than a # 2 WR for them. Are we sure that TD is still in charge their because their drafting like Rick Mckay is back in charge.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 30, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »

its amazing how many Falcons fans are behind that stupid decision and arguing with the guy who created that topic. I wouldnt have accepted doing that for Calvin Johnson

The falcons gave up this year's 1,2, and 4.   and next year's 1 and 4

You wouldn't trade:

1 Gaines Adams
2 Sabby Piscitelli (or Aaron Sears)
4 Tanard Jackson
1 Aqib Talib
4 Dre Moore

For Calvin Johnson? 

You are nuts.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 30, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3723_A_letter_to_GMs%3A_four_big_draft-day_don%27ts_.html

If you want to put together a winning team, you’ll have to resist the temptation of the flashy wide receiver...  Put it this way: the average NFL team has drafted 1.25 wide receivers in the first round over the past decade. Yet, despite all those first-round receivers floating around the NFL, only six teams in 2010 were led in receiving yards by a player they picked in the first round: the Chiefs, Colts, Falcons, Lions, Texans and Vikings...  And here’s the biggest reason not to draft wide outs in the first round. Even if you nail the pick, great wide receivers simply do not have a big impact on the success or failure of a team.

So really they not only drafted a WR, which isn't sharp, they drafted him high, they drafted him to be Robin so he can't even have that much impact AND they paid an arm and a leg for him. Good plan guys, as a I Buc fan, I really, REALLY, applaud this move.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #8 : April 30, 2011, 09:10:46 AM »

It's a bad trade no matter how you look at it.

we traded two 1sts and  two 2nds for a guy who never played a down.  yet many believe that was one of the best trades the Bucs ever made.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 30, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »

You wouldn't trade:

1 Gaines Adams
4 Tanard Jackson
1 Aqib Talib
4 Dre Moore

For Calvin Johnson? 

You are nuts.

OK, so now assume he's Rodgers and not Calvin because the bust rate on R1 WR's is epic.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbrooks55

Starter

« #10 : April 30, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »

Ok...the dude was a 4th rd selection before the combine...he drops alot of passes, HE IS NOT A ONCE IN A LIFETIME player. Could he be good maybe, but I doubt guys that wear bowties...lol

I love post number 9, buy mashburn, love how he brings post counts into knowledge....like people under 200 posts may not get it....moron!

Then goes on to smartly list how no one was there to be picked to help...yet fails to realize it's not who they selected as much as what they gave up! You add quality depth at that point, look how the Pats build their team, you never see them give up that much...the only player in the last 2 years that was worth that kinda trade might be Ndamukong Suh.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #11 : April 30, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3919722-you-being-lied-to/

Right on the money!

That post is awesome!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbrooks55

Starter

« #12 : April 30, 2011, 09:31:27 AM »

It's a bad trade no matter how you look at it.

we traded two 1sts and  two 2nds for a guy who never played a down.  yet many believe that was one of the best trades the Bucs ever made.

It is because you won the ultimate prize....Dungy would never have mustered up enough offense to win a SB here. Dungy supporters need to understand that, I loved the guy too! It took him coaching an elite offensive team (i.e. Gruden just the opposite way) to win a SB. Now while I hate what Gruden did to this team afterward(he knows jack about building a team thru  the draft) ...I would never trade it because I got to see my team win a SB. Trust me I live in Eagle country, most up here would give up 10 years of playoffs for one SB!

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #13 : April 30, 2011, 09:38:48 AM »

Mike Ditka gave up almost the same thing for Ricky Williams... Well, he actually gave up more... But look where that got him? No where... Mark my words, this move will set the Falcant's back a couple of years...

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #14 : April 30, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »

You wouldn't trade:

1 Gaines Adams
4 Tanard Jackson
1 Aqib Talib
4 Dre Moore

For Calvin Johnson? 

You are nuts.

OK, so now assume he's Rodgers and not Calvin because the bust rate on R1 WR's is epic.

You beat me to it!  What if instead of Calvin Johnson, you get Charles Rodgers, or Mike Williams (from USC), or Peter Warrick, or the countless other first round, Wide Receiver, Draft Busts!
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Check out this post in Falcon land...priceless! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools