Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN CALLS US THEIR BIG WINNERS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#15 : April 30, 2011, 12:06:26 PM

I just don't see the high risk with Clayborn.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 30, 2011, 12:13:57 PM

I'm hoping we continue to make the medical staff earn their paycheck and take Marcus Cannon, Greg Romeus, Mark Herzlich, and some other risky picks just for the helluva it.  Also, it makes Cyber and Java whine some more.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 30, 2011, 12:14:38 PM

Y
All drafts and even FA's are that way JD.

we definitely took on more risk than normal.

Bought time

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 30, 2011, 12:16:45 PM

I'm hoping we continue to make the medical staff earn their paycheck and take Marcus Cannon, Greg Romeus, Mark Herzlich, and some other risky picks just for the helluva it.  Also, it makes Cyber and Java whine some more.
Java will whine about everything unless we take some girly man.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 30, 2011, 01:16:39 PM

You can definitely see how much thought was put into their draft plans. Identify an area of need and then stockpile players to take care of it. Move onto the next area either in later rounds or next year. Building a very solid team in Tampa and it's exciting to be a Bucs fan.

Brahmal

Second String
#20 : April 30, 2011, 01:42:11 PM

No. All draft picks and FA have risk, but they are not all high risk. We went all boom or bust in the first two rounds. Hopefully our gamble pays off, but we definitely took on more risk than normal.
If you look at it, even if both picks bomb Bucs still have a decent young team and plenty of draft picks for the future unlike NO/ATL.  Our window is just opening, now's a good time to take some risks when the reward could be a top 5 dline for the next 5-6 years. 

It's not subtle, but I've always liked the shotgun approach when you're committed to improving a specific area.  Chances are high that at least two of the DL we've picked over the last two years will become studs.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 30, 2011, 01:53:49 PM

I just don't see the high risk with Clayborn.

With any other RE prospect, if they end up being a solid run stuffer but can't get the pressure you them too....you can move them to LE and still have a solid player. Clayborn will either be great at RE or he will be a bust. That's risky.

With that said I'm over my negative feelings. Clayborn and Bowers are Bucs now and I love them both. I hope they both kick ass for us. Character wise I already love both of these kids. Now I hope they make me love their game too.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 30, 2011, 03:34:47 PM

These picks are no more risky than the 5+ 1-3 round picks we've wasted since 2007. There was 0 chance of Dexter Jackson, Arron Sears, Michael Clayton, Maurice Stovall, Barret Ruud, Chris Colmer and about 10 others becomming top 10 at their position in the NFL. At least with Bowers and Clayborn, both have the potential to be studs. I'll take that risk all day given the possible rewards.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : April 30, 2011, 04:00:06 PM

Winners in the draft may not be known for many seasons...,,,I'm sure we all know that

kjbugman

Starter

#24 : April 30, 2011, 06:20:11 PM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are building a super bowl contender, and depending on how things go in camp, preseason (injuries), and regular season (gradual/rapid improvement) i can see the Tampa Bay Bucs doing something we've only done once before .

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

DA_OAKS

Starter

#25 : April 30, 2011, 07:43:10 PM

^^^^ with Free with the reigns.. i am calling super bowl ... THIS YEAR

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#26 : April 30, 2011, 08:03:35 PM

No Risk no reward......At least DOM appears to do his homework.  See Mike Williams.   

BucFanOcala1

Second String

#27 : April 30, 2011, 08:13:15 PM

LOL@ at Atlanta selling there future for Jones because there*Allmost there*  LOL f-ing foolsl

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#28 : April 30, 2011, 09:06:45 PM

Now let's carry it over into Free Agency (whenever that may be).  We still have questions to be answered about our MLB and CB positions. 

Madman

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 30, 2011, 09:32:07 PM

These picks are no more risky than the 5+ 1-3 round picks we've wasted since 2007. There was 0 chance of Dexter Jackson, Arron Sears, Michael Clayton, Maurice Stovall, Barret Ruud, Chris Colmer and about 10 others becomming top 10 at their position in the NFL. At least with Bowers and Clayborn, both have the potential to be studs. I'll take that risk all day given the possible rewards.

Agree except for Arron Sears. He was a stud LG as a rookie and had all-pro written all over him until he went AWOL.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN CALLS US THEIR BIG WINNERS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools