Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN CALLS US THEIR BIG WINNERS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 30, 2011, 09:35:20 PM

I think we need to look at a veteran CB like Jonathan Joseph, Brent Grimes, or Richard Marshall but I don't see us going after Nnamdi Asomugha, and I think that is a good thing.

Other than CB I don't think we will do much in free agency now as far as veterans. Maybe an offensive lineman to create depth and competition. Maybe a LB if the fit is really good and the price is right....like Justin Durant.

Other than that I think we will just be signing undrafted free agents, and that's fine with me.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#31 : April 30, 2011, 09:40:18 PM

These picks are no more risky than the 5+ 1-3 round picks we've wasted since 2007. There was 0 chance of Dexter Jackson, Arron Sears, Michael Clayton, Maurice Stovall, Barret Ruud, Chris Colmer and about 10 others becomming top 10 at their position in the NFL. At least with Bowers and Clayborn, both have the potential to be studs. I'll take that risk all day given the possible rewards.

Agree except for Arron Sears. He was a stud LG as a rookie and had all-pro written all over him until he went AWOL.

Yeah he was probably the best of the bunch, not sure if he fell off after being in the NFL or if he had some preexisting condition (physical or mental) that contributed to his fall.

Even if our entire draft class this year turn into busts, at least they all LOOK like pretty damn good pics immediately following the draft. Can anyone honestly say that about our drafts with guys like D Jax? No one in their right mind would have realistically thought that kid would turn into even our third WR, let alone a #1 or even a solid punt/kick returner

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 30, 2011, 10:58:03 PM

No posts by cyberdude in this thread? I'm shocked.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 30, 2011, 11:01:19 PM

No posts by cyberdude in this thread? I'm shocked.

+1

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 30, 2011, 11:01:55 PM

Jdub, we have a CB, Gaitor!  ;) Didntt you like him?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 30, 2011, 11:20:53 PM

ESPN is wrong about every prediction possible, don't really like being their best of anything.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 01, 2011, 09:45:51 AM

Jdub, we have a CB, Gaitor!  ;) Didntt you like him?

Love him. We still need a dependable vet though. Assuming Talib will be gone.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 01, 2011, 10:31:59 AM

I think the Bucs are expecting Myron Lewis to be a factor this year along with Biggers. Ronde will be on the field for every snap, and Gaiter looks like a very capable back-up. Talib didn't have a great year last year, especially in the beginning of the year. I think Biggers is better than Talib at man coverage, and Talib does tend to get burned by the deep ball occasionally. I don't think we will miss Talib too much barring an injury. He is overrated just like TJack IMO.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 01, 2011, 10:42:03 AM

I think Ahmad Black and Gaitor are very similar. They are both undersized (5'10" 180lbs) both have great ball skills and technique, and both play very physical for their size. I think they will both make the roster and be very good for us inside in Nickel and Dime. I just don't feel comfortable with Biggers and Lewis starting on the outside. If Talib is going to be let go I think we need to have a solid vet to play opposite Biggers until Lewis proves he is upto the challenge.

Barber at 36 is not going to be good as a starter on the outside either. He can play inside with Black and Gaitor and mentor those cats for a year....but we need a proven, dependable guy to play outside. Lewis is completely unproven. Heading into the season with him as our only option would be a huge mistake. Even if he could be the #2 CB....what if he gets injured?

If Talib goes we a solid veteran CB. Even if it's just an older temporary stop gap for a year like Lito Sheppard or Al Harris.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 01, 2011, 10:48:42 AM

: May 01, 2011, 10:52:47 AM afitzgerald66

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN CALLS US THEIR BIG WINNERS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools