Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH THEIR 6TH ROUND PICK, THE BUCS SELECT USC RB ALLEN BRADFORD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: April 30, 2011, 04:23:06 PM

With the 187th overall pick, the Buccaneers use their sixth-round selection to draft USC RB Allen Bradford.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 30, 2011, 04:26:26 PM

He's big and thick...a downhill guy.

Played at a big school.

Good backup to Blount.  But a MEH pick overall.  At this point, am not suprised...the picks get more "theoretical".

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 30, 2011, 04:27:06 PM

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 30, 2011, 04:28:38 PM

Would of much rather prefered Devine over Bradford.. Don't see the point adding another Bruiser.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 30, 2011, 04:33:12 PM

i like it.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 30, 2011, 04:36:32 PM

Would of much rather prefered Devine over Bradford.. Don't see the point adding another Bruiser.

Because we are bad at 3rd and 1's

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 30, 2011, 04:39:18 PM

I like it. It fits our style in running the ball. We run the power well and not so much with finesse like when Gruden was having guards pull. If Blount goes down you need another guy who can run like that. If you dont have that power running it means our running game is nonexistent again.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#7 : April 30, 2011, 04:41:25 PM

First pick I don't like/love.  Going rb, would much rather have gone for a possible 3rd down back.  Got a big rb who isn't a short yardage guy and isn't a blocker or catcher.  Oh well, 6 rounds in for the first non value pick (imo) is still a damn good draft. 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 30, 2011, 04:43:46 PM

Reminds me a little of Blount but we really needed a change of pace guy, not a copy. This would be the first pick I really didn't care for...

awitron

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 30, 2011, 04:47:48 PM

I'm an SC fan and have known about Bradford since we recruited him and I gotta say I'm shocked we picked him. SC recruited him as an athlete as he was a LB/RB in high school, we had 6 backs all worthy of carries at one point so he played some FB to get him on the field and Jeremy Bates/Steve Sarkisian/Lane Kiffin all never bothered to use him as a receiver because of other backs they had that were better than him, so he never developed that part of his game. He is a huge back(up to 240 lbs at one point) and when he got a good number of carries he beasted. Offers very little in pass protection and as a receiver but he was never really asked to do those things his entire tenure at USC. Real high upside pick, I know JDub has to be pumped about this.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 30, 2011, 04:48:21 PM

Because we are bad at 3rd and 1's

So you grab a back that closely resembles your every down back? Hmm.. Maybe its the Oline not the back? You either go OT there or change of pace back. Bradford is good prospect but he offers pretty much everything Blount does.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 30, 2011, 04:50:03 PM

Bradford can be a change of pace in the way that Jason Snelling is a change of pace for Atlanta. He has breakaway speed and he accelerates in a heartbeat.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Buc45

Starter

#12 : April 30, 2011, 04:50:51 PM

I like it...People are too hung up on grabbing a scat back...I like what MD said other day when he said he wanted to teams to "know" they just played the Bucs because of our physical style..Bam Morris and Barry Foster?  I am curious to see if he can block or catch the ball though... When you watch the tape...Blount has the great hurdle...this guy has a nasty stiff arm...

-ts

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 30, 2011, 04:52:02 PM

Gonna need someone to carry the rock if Blount goes down. I like getting him instead of Devine forsure. Devine may get the hype, but this kid has a lot more substance. Still some good players left for the 7th as well.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 30, 2011, 04:52:25 PM

Nice upside but I would have thought they'd look for a running back more polished in the passing game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH THEIR 6TH ROUND PICK, THE BUCS SELECT USC RB ALLEN BRADFORD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools