Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH THEIR 6TH ROUND PICK, THE BUCS SELECT USC RB ALLEN BRADFORD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 30, 2011, 04:53:01 PM

if it ain't broke why try and change it?  pound em with Blount.  pound em with Bradford.  wear down defenses and open things up for Freeman. 

awitron

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 30, 2011, 04:53:48 PM

Oh and let me say this.. Allen Bradford is Mason Foster's mortal enemy. Foster was abused by him when UW came down to SC to play us.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 30, 2011, 04:54:14 PM

in full agreement on 2 big backs with speed.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Buc45

Starter

#18 : April 30, 2011, 04:55:17 PM

There is not an OT out there right now that would make this team...We need another back badly... We have big receivers, big QB, just picked up a big tight end and now we have two bruising, explosive running backs...I think we are trying to send a message to the rest of the NFC...We are going to bring some pain...

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 30, 2011, 04:55:40 PM

I really don't like it, and for the first time, I can say I don't really understand a pick by Dominik.  This guy is awful on passing downs (according to Scout Inc), both in blocking and catching.  We needed a change of pace guy, not a pure backup for Blount.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 30, 2011, 04:56:35 PM

2 big backs pounding opposing teams all game....i like the idea

LABuc

Starter
#21 : April 30, 2011, 04:57:13 PM

I'm an SC fan and have known about Bradford since we recruited him and I gotta say I'm shocked we picked him. SC recruited him as an athlete as he was a LB/RB in high school, we had 6 backs all worthy of carries at one point so he played some FB to get him on the field and Jeremy Bates/Steve Sarkisian/Lane Kiffin all never bothered to use him as a receiver because of other backs they had that were better than him, so he never developed that part of his game. He is a huge back(up to 240 lbs at one point) and when he got a good number of carries he beasted. Offers very little in pass protection and as a receiver but he was never really asked to do those things his entire tenure at USC. Real high upside pick, I know JDub has to be pumped about this.

I'm a UCLA student and fan.... and let me just say this.... He embarrassed us last year.

Kid has huge potential, big bruising back.

Pound the rock, wear them down, and watch the ball fly in the 4th quarter out of Freeman's cannon. Love it. (p.s. hate the fact that he's a trojan though)

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 30, 2011, 04:58:38 PM

Shades of Alstott and am looking forward for the one two combination...OBD

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#23 : April 30, 2011, 04:59:37 PM

I like this selection a lot better than a complementary scat back . He's a good replacement if Blount goes down.

Plus, I love the idea of hammering a team with 2 power backs.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#24 : April 30, 2011, 04:59:53 PM

Good pick.  With Blount's running style, it's a matter of when (not if) he gets injured.  Hopefully Bradford is better at picking up the dreaded 3rd and 1.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 30, 2011, 05:00:02 PM

I'm an SC fan and have known about Bradford since we recruited him and I gotta say I'm shocked we picked him. SC recruited him as an athlete as he was a LB/RB in high school, we had 6 backs all worthy of carries at one point so he played some FB to get him on the field and Jeremy Bates/Steve Sarkisian/Lane Kiffin all never bothered to use him as a receiver because of other backs they had that were better than him, so he never developed that part of his game. He is a huge back(up to 240 lbs at one point) and when he got a good number of carries he beasted. Offers very little in pass protection and as a receiver but he was never really asked to do those things his entire tenure at USC. Real high upside pick, I know JDub has to be pumped about this.

I'm a UCLA student and fan.... and let me just say this.... He embarrassed us last year.

Kid has huge potential, big bruising back.

Pound the rock, wear them down, and watch the ball fly in the 4th quarter out of Freeman's cannon. Love it. (p.s. hate the fact that he's a trojan though)

The UCLA game was ridiculous. He had like 230 yards and 2 TDs IIRC.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#26 : April 30, 2011, 05:00:35 PM

We have 1 running back on the roster right now. Bradford is big but he's not slow either. He's a real talented back. It appears people here fell in love with a one down back. Bradford is as talented a running back as you'll find this late.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 30, 2011, 05:01:19 PM

Really dont understand the scat back love. Its just not our style. Our OLine does so much better at going downhill. We wanna wear defenses out by beating them physically.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#28 : April 30, 2011, 05:02:30 PM

We could still use a scat back as our 3rd RB.  Locke and Devine are still available.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 30, 2011, 05:03:37 PM

We could still use a scat back as our 3rd RB.  Locke and Devine are still available.

Devine wouldnt upset me in the 7th.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH THEIR 6TH ROUND PICK, THE BUCS SELECT USC RB ALLEN BRADFORD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools