Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy's take on the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
: April 30, 2011, 08:52:48 PM

Gerald McCoy figures he owes Mark Dominik a big hug the next time he sees the Bucs general manager.

One year after selecting defensive tackles McCoy and Brian Price with their first two draft picks, the Bucs doubled down on defensive ends. Tampa Bay chose Iowa's Adrian Clayborn in Thursday's opening round and followed that up Friday with Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers in Round 2.

"That's my coach (Raheem Morris) and GM saying to me that we believe in you,'' McCoy said by phone from Oklahoma after the Bucs used the 51st overall pick on Bowers, who posted 15.5 sacks as a junior last season.

"That's those guys saying, 'Gerald, we're going to give you some help.' I'm overwhelmed with joy.''

The Bucs finished 10-6 last year, despite a pass rush that generated only 26 sacks.

"Da'Quan and Adrian have shown they know how to get to the quarterback,'' said McCoy, who registered 3.0 sacks and 17 quarterback pressures before missing the final three games of his rookie season with a biceps injury.

As part of an interior rotation with Price and third-year-pro Roy Miller, McCoy is eager to join his new teammates up front and get started.

"I just called Da'Quan, and he's ready,'' said McCoy. "Adrian's ready. I'm ready, and so is Roy and Brian. We're five young guys who can't wait to go to work.''

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2011/apr/30/SPNEWSO8-picks-bring-bucs-dt-mccoy-a-lot-of-joy-ar-203735/

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 30, 2011, 08:55:57 PM

Phase One: Complete.

Phase Two: END THIS LOCKOUT!!!!!!!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 30, 2011, 09:01:53 PM

Phase Three: Profit

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 30, 2011, 09:05:19 PM

True that! :D

Do you know what the speculation is for monday? Scheffer called Nelson's rulling "Appeal-proof" but, whats the latest?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 30, 2011, 09:10:12 PM

True that! :D

Do you know what the speculation is for monday? Scheffer called Nelson's rulling "Appeal-proof" but, whats the latest?
I just know that the attorneys for the players sounds extremely confident that they wont grant a stay. The current stay is only a temporary one.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 30, 2011, 09:17:45 PM

Yeah....DAMN I cant get over it...we got Bowers and Clayborn...

Thats like "BOOM!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE US NOW?!! WERN'T EXPECTING THAT FROM THE BABY BUCCANEERS, WERE YOU, NFC??"

Other teams have got to be afraid of us to an extent right now!
: April 30, 2011, 09:20:27 PM Beatles123

Madman

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 30, 2011, 09:46:31 PM

Clayborn, Bowers, McCoy... can't double team 'em all!

This should help keep McCoy inside on passing downs.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#7 : April 30, 2011, 09:53:32 PM

It's refreshing to hear soundbytes from TB players that are positive. Excited about the draft, thrilled with the new additions who will be joining the team, hopeful about this team's future, giving mad props to the GM and coaching staff, as well as fellow players.

Makes me proud to be a Bucs fan. Most of the time we only hear from players when they're complaining about how terrible their coach is, how horrible the team/city are and they can't wait to get traded or leave via free agency, or worst of all - complaining about how they deserve a raise because they're that good and obviously the team needs THEM more than it needs a team. Guys like TO, Ocho Cinco, Haynesworth, etc

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#8 : April 30, 2011, 10:07:11 PM

LGB I believe phase 3 is: Championships (divisions, conferences, and national {I refuse to call the Super Bowl a world championship})

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 30, 2011, 10:20:40 PM

Extremely refreshing and definitely exciting to read these comments as well as hear about how all of the draft picks this year are so enthusiastic about joining the Bucs. Most seemed they were not just thrilled to be in the NFL, but to be going to the Bucs as well. Definitely gets the blood pumping for the upcoming season as I think the Bucs are on the verge of something really special. Don't know if I would have said that -- or even dreamed it -- 2 years ago.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 30, 2011, 10:22:54 PM

Phase 4: A decade of dominance

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 30, 2011, 10:34:30 PM

LGB I believe phase 3 is: Championships (divisions, conferences, and national {I refuse to call the Super Bowl a world championship})
haha as soon as we win it, we can call it whatever we want. I hope its soon  :D

CTGuyton

Second String

#12 : April 30, 2011, 11:04:42 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFAF_World_Cup
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_IFAF_World_Cup

The American Football World Cup starts July 8th. We didn't participate in the 1st 2, but we kicked ass in 07.  Which isn't surprising, until you read our rules for who can be on the American team.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 30, 2011, 11:12:57 PM

Phase 4: A decade of dominance
Crafting a diamond, man! Crafting a diamond!  8)

It feels good!!!

dbrooks55

Starter

#14 : April 30, 2011, 11:25:13 PM

Phase Three: Profit
lol...that gave me a good laugh! Ummmmm......but what's phase 2?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy's take on the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools