Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFP: Gaitor a 7th round value « previous next »
Page: 1

YReceiver14

Starter

« : May 01, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Seventh-Round-Value-Picks.html

Tampa Bay: Anthony Gaitor, CB, Florida International (Selection #222)

Like Rogers he’s thinly built and looks more like a nickel. But Gaitor played in the slot almost exclusively at Florida Atlantic and is used to holding up in space, getting in and out of his breaks and tracking the football. Is still a little raw with his footwork and will lose balance at times. However, Gaitor displays natural cover skills and I think he’s a great late round value who will make a roster and mature into a very good slot corner.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Condor Bastadon

Starter

« #1 : May 01, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »

When you watch his highlight vid, he's definitely not "exclusively at the slot", but yeah I can't imagine him playing on the outside in the NFL.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #2 : May 01, 2011, 01:46:22 PM »

I think with Black, Grimm, and Gaitor we could be set up in the middle. We play a lot of Nickel, Dime, and 3-3-5 now so being good in the middle is important. All three of these guys have great instincts, technique, and a knack for making plays on the ball. They are also all considered lacking in either speed, size, or athletism...but somehow they overcome that handicap and excel. They are all physical guys too that play much bigger than they actually are.

I'm just worried about the outside. Biggers looks like a solid #2 to me, but I'm not sold on Lewis yet at all. He might end up being a solid #2, but he certainly isn't a #1 CB. Without Talib we are going to struggle to stop #1 WRs. I'm not saying I want Talib to stay, I don't...but I think we will struggle without him. Was really hoping to get Ras-I or Aaron Williams in the 2nd, but they went #1 and #2 right off the bat. :(

I think we need to sign a veteran CB in free agency.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #3 : May 01, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »

I think he can play on the outside if he can gain 5-10 pounds, ronde is good on the outside he's 5'10  184 lbs, anthony gaitor is 5'10  178 lbs.

Super Selmon

Starter
« #4 : May 01, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »

Gaitor, reminds me of another cornerback, a 14 year veteran on some NFL team his name escapes me? This kid with some tutoring could be a fixture for years to come with the BUCs. He has all the tools, just needs a year in the weight room and some secondary coaching to be a real 7th round steal. We might have a need next year when a possible All PRO cornerback maybe retires. This years draft is off the charts, if on my best day I  could have looked in my crystal ball for our 8 picks, I think maybe I would have got the first round, and fifth round right. Thats is why even though I would love to work for the BUCs, I will have to stick with what I do best, put in and finish basketball floors. PS I do not even watch Basketball.

GO BUCs

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 01, 2011, 02:22:59 PM »

I believe his size is the only thing that stopped him from being a mid round selection. He plays a lot bigger than 177 lbs.

Worst case scenario is EMack returns as the 5th DB behind Barber, Lewis, Biggers, and Gaiter. Just like last year, the young guys are going to have to step it up. Lewis and Gaiter will probably see a lot of action this year, assuming Talib is suspended, or incarcerated.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 01, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »

As it turns out, the Bucs were one of many teams not all that high on Amukamara. Beat writer Stephen Holder insists the staff feels "pretty confident" in the trio of Myron Lewis, Ronde Barber, and E.J. Biggers. "Lewis, in particular, is a player the Bucs think has tremendous upside and could develop into a formidable cornerback in the near future," writes Holder.

I've been saying this for months.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #7 : May 01, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »

Well it's obvious by Raheem's choice of words that Tanard will get another chance here in Tampa, so we have Black, Grimm, TJax, and Jones, Lynch, or Asante at safety. That seems pretty solid for this year. I have a feeling Ahamd Black will contribute a lot this year.

At CB assuming Talib is gone we have Biggers, Lewis, Barber, Gaitor, and I pray we sign a free agent vet cause if Elbert Mack is on our roster again I'll puke.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : May 01, 2011, 02:35:15 PM »

Jdub thought I was the only 1 nervous about Lewis. He was ok in spots last year but I didn't see the staedy improvement that everyone is raving about ! I don't see us getting Aso but in another post i gave these 3 vet names that would push the young guys and cover us in this Talib junk Chris Carr, Carlos Rogers and Fabian Washington gave these names cuz they are UFAs and not RFA's.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #9 : May 01, 2011, 02:39:54 PM »

Jdub thought I was the only 1 nervous about Lewis. He was ok in spots last year but I didn't see the staedy improvement that everyone is raving about ! I don't see us getting Aso but in another post i gave these 3 vet names that would push the young guys and cover us in this Talib junk Chris Carr, Carlos Rogers and Fabian Washington gave these names cuz they are UFAs and not RFA's.

I'm nor down on Lewis by any means though. I didn't expect to see much his rookie year and I didn't. That is completely normal though. My point is some folks are building him up like he is a solid starter, when he is almost a complete unknown. I have faith in Rah's scouting when it comes to DBs, so I have faith in Lewis and this new Gaitor kid....but at this point either one could be great or horrible. There just really isn't enough game footage to judge yet.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #10 : May 01, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »

I have a lot of stock in Myron. I think hes got all the tools he needs to be as good as Talib. People talk about Patrick Petersons size weight and speed, well Myron's got a pretty good combination too. 6'2, 200 pounds and ran a 4.4

To compare, Prince Amukamara is 6'0 200 pounds and ran a 4.4

I think Myron is more than capable of becoming a #1 CB

JakeBucFan85

Rookie

« #11 : May 01, 2011, 03:04:41 PM »

I just noticed that in the original article that they said he played exclusively in the slot at Florida Atlantic....He went to Florida International....

At first I was skeptical about the pick because I just usually don't like value in short CBs. But if hes 5'10'' on a good day I can take that. Hell Ronde is only 5'10'' so I think he could end up being very good. And with Raheem being the DB coach, I am almost certain this guy could not ask for a better coach to teach him.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFP: Gaitor a 7th round value « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools