Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Sign Nnamdi Asomugha thread!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 01, 2011, 09:41:35 PM

I'd join the Facebook group

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 01, 2011, 09:47:15 PM

I think we will more than likely see a Chris Carr, Carlos Rogers, Fabian Washington type corner bought in on a team friendly deal 1-3 years with incentives( my hope anyways)!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 01, 2011, 09:51:03 PM

If we sign him, re-sign Davin Joseph and get another o-linemen in free agency, sign a better version of Cadillac to be our third-down pass receiving/blocking RB, and grab a linebacker in free agency, big things will happen this season....

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 01, 2011, 09:51:45 PM

#1 priority

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#19 : May 01, 2011, 09:58:31 PM

Well let everyone know on here if you create a Facebook page!!! would love to pair this guy with Talib

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 01, 2011, 10:03:15 PM

I think we will more than likely see a Chris Carr, Carlos Rogers, Fabian Washington type corner bought in on a team friendly deal 1-3 years with incentives( my hope anyways)!

I am with you on this subject.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#21 : May 01, 2011, 10:06:45 PM

But thinking about it.....I don't think we're going to release Talib, and besides him we have Ronde, Myron, Biggers and Gaitor. All of whom I think can start on this team. The only way I see them signing Nnamdi is if we DO release Talib, because it's already too late to not re-sign Ronde and there's no way we're cutting any of the young guys. It'll be real interesting to see what Dominik does in free agency this summer.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 01, 2011, 10:07:57 PM

BUUUUUUMP!

Bring in Scrabble!

bashear

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 01, 2011, 10:19:07 PM

But thinking about it.....I don't think we're going to release Talib, and besides him we have Ronde, Myron, Biggers and Gaitor. All of whom I think can start on this team. The only way I see them signing Nnamdi is if we DO release Talib, because it's already too late to not re-sign Ronde and there's no way we're cutting any of the young guys. It'll be real interesting to see what Dominik does in free agency this summer.
I think Gaitor is an NFL project, and we could place him on the practice squad. As much as I like the youngin, I think taking a risk by storing him on the practice squad is well worth it if we sign a guy of Nnamdi's caliber.

But, it probably doesn't matter, as I doubt Scrabble is in our future, for reasons previously stated.
: May 01, 2011, 10:22:22 PM bashear

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 01, 2011, 10:49:54 PM

Dont want to be a wet blanket, but the dude is 30, will command huge jack,  and as much as I love the team,  I dont think they are one piece away just yet.

The team might not be, but the defense is if Asomugha is that piece.

He allowed 13 completions for 205 yards last season. That's barely over 10 yards a game, less than 1 completion per game, and no TDs. And that's with the Raiders, a team with a solid CB in Routt but very mediocre safeties. They still finished 2nd in the league in pass defense. Heck, he was only targeted like 30 something times. QBs literally don't even BOTHER throwing against the guy most of the time.

Put him on the Bucs, with Raheem Morris, a former secondary coach and our current DC/HC there to use him, and there's no reason whatsoever to think we won't be the #1 secondary in the NFL. We were 7th last season in pass defense despite having no pass rush whatsoever. Think about how much better we'd be with Asomugha, and Bowers+Clayborn available to actually get some pressure on the QB now. If we keep Talib, he'll have a TON of opportunities for INTs since QBs will now be forced to throw to him. Even if we don't, they'll be forced to target Ronde and Biggers/Lewis, and we have better safeties than the Raiders do.

Really, bringing in Asomugha benefits not only the defense, but the offense as well. Forcing QBs to ignore one half of the field will not only create turnovers, but a lot of 3 and outs as well. And the more we can get the ball in Freeman's hands, the better. I know we'll have to overpay for him as he'd be more likely to go to a larger market team like the Eagles or Jets, but there's no question in my mind that it's worth it. He's the best corner in the NFL(sorry Revis) and we have more than enough money to afford to overspend. Besides, top corners don't make as much as top players in other positions. I highly doubt he'll get a contract of Haynesworth proportions simply based on his position.

So please, Dom. Throw money at him. Offer him so much that he'd be insane to go elsewhere. Please.

cryptfiend

Starter

#25 : May 01, 2011, 10:52:43 PM

People forget....Ronde is 36 and still playing at an amazing level.

People forget....nobody throws to Nnamdi....so he never tackles that much.

People forget...Corners can have amazing shelf lives....Barber...Woodson...etc.

Aso would be a great addition.

Can't stand the he doesnt fit...hes over 30 crowd.

this.

Other than barber and woodson, add champ bailey who is 32, darell green (who played 20 years with the red skins and is in the hall of fame), nighttrain who was ... 37ish when he retired?, and deion sanders (who, at 43 today, i think we should pick up).

GOOD corners have an amazing shelf life...they just dont have to do much other than run during a game, which is good cardio.

any coach will tell you that a TRUE (not barber-like, i mean TRUE) shut down corner is the most valuable person on his team.  there is no way anyone in the league can afford to not go after asomugha (even the jets, who have the only corner in the league better than nnamdi).

and to whomever said we were not one piece away from a championship...what other pieces do we need?  we are set at skill positions...great qb, great rb (resign caddy.  did you see how drastically his numbers improved after he became the change of pace back?  this man still has a career ahead of him), we have more wide receivers and tight ends than we can get on the field at one time.  The oline, while not exceptional is solid enough to win.  the dline is set now. if we bring back talib, tanard, grimm, and bring in aso....our only weak link is at linebacker.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 01, 2011, 11:04:51 PM

Would instantly make our defense scary good. Even if Talib doesnt play, but if he does play for us with Asomugha... good luck to offenses.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 01, 2011, 11:37:17 PM

People forget....Ronde is 36 and still playing at an amazing level.

People forget....nobody throws to Nnamdi....so he never tackles that much.

People forget...Corners can have amazing shelf lives....Barber...Woodson...etc.

Aso would be a great addition.

Can't stand the he doesnt fit...hes over 30 crowd.

this.

Other than barber and woodson, add champ bailey who is 32, darell green (who played 20 years with the red skins and is in the hall of fame), nighttrain who was ... 37ish when he retired?, and deion sanders (who, at 43 today, i think we should pick up).

GOOD corners have an amazing shelf life...they just dont have to do much other than run during a game, which is good cardio.

any coach will tell you that a TRUE (not barber-like, i mean TRUE) shut down corner is the most valuable person on his team.  there is no way anyone in the league can afford to not go after asomugha (even the jets, who have the only corner in the league better than nnamdi).

and to whomever said we were not one piece away from a championship...what other pieces do we need?  we are set at skill positions...great qb, great rb (resign caddy.  did you see how drastically his numbers improved after he became the change of pace back?  this man still has a career ahead of him), we have more wide receivers and tight ends than we can get on the field at one time.  The oline, while not exceptional is solid enough to win.  the dline is set now. if we bring back talib, tanard, grimm, and bring in aso....our only weak link is at linebacker.

I think all these young guys, Freeman included, need another season or two to put it all together.  Aso might not be down for that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 01, 2011, 11:40:12 PM

Don't think there is any chance.  Don't think the FO is even considering it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 01, 2011, 11:58:25 PM

In my best Bryan Glazer imitation..........."Aso?         How about some of you buying some frekin game tickets"  ???

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Sign Nnamdi Asomugha thread!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools