Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: will the lockout finally be lifted for good? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Tampafan8251

Starter
: May 02, 2011, 12:27:24 AM

what does everyoen thnk? going into the ruling this week is anyone a favorite? do you think the 8th circuit will end the stay, i'm thinking if they already gave the nfl a stay why would they change it? thoughts?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#1 : May 02, 2011, 12:29:26 AM

IMO, it was very telling that one voted against a temporary stay. I think they'll deny the appeal

Tampafan8251

Starter
#2 : May 02, 2011, 12:31:59 AM

I hope your right man, I would love for free agency and trades and for us to get those rookies in here to start working, althought we may not make a big splash in free agency we could sign a few middle priced guys and I want to see what happens with Ruud and Black

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#3 : May 02, 2011, 12:33:37 AM

I'm an optimist though, so we'll see lol

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 02, 2011, 12:34:09 AM

I was just reading if no stay is granted, free agency goes in effect right away.   If they uphold the stay, it will be months before free agency, if at all.  I dont see the Bucs being big players in free agency anyway, but it would be good to get the youngins to OBP  asap.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 02, 2011, 12:39:55 AM

I read some writer's opinion on Yahoo who said they think the Lockout will be overturned. That's my hope.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Tampafan8251

Starter
#6 : May 02, 2011, 12:42:26 AM

need to get those rookies those playbooks and I want to see who we bring in from the Undrafted FA's, I think I read a ruling could be made as early as tomorrow

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 02, 2011, 12:48:32 AM

Yes for the sake of the rooks, they really need to get to work together ASAP.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 02, 2011, 01:26:35 AM

Theres a good chance Black and Joseph end up as RFAs.

Which would be nice.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 02, 2011, 01:50:17 AM

I think that the appeal will be denied and we'll be having the football year begin.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 02, 2011, 07:44:47 AM

You have to wonder if Dominik already has a trade in place to recoup a fourth round pick in 2012 since he gave it up to move up in this years fourth round to select Luke Stocker? But I could see within two weeks the league will be open for business. If they lose this appeal they lost all leverage. If they win this appeal they just gained all the leverage back and the player will wont to move quickly to resolve the labor strife and get back to some type of normalcy.   

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 02, 2011, 07:52:31 AM

I think the granted the temporary stay to get thru the weekend and done with the draft. I think it will be lifted today or tomorrow and free agency will start with in a week.

Draft Aaron Donald

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 02, 2011, 08:32:43 AM

You have to wonder if Dominik already has a trade in place to recoup a fourth round pick in 2012 since he gave it up to move up in this years fourth round to select Luke Stocker? But I could see within two weeks the league will be open for business. If they lose this appeal they lost all leverage. If they win this appeal they just gained all the leverage back and the player will wont to move quickly to resolve the labor strife and get back to some type of normalcy.

I think so too Yucc I'm gonna say JJ to WASH or Buf!!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

nitey

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 02, 2011, 09:03:48 AM

I was all for the Bucs trading JJ prior or during the draft (if player trades could have been made), because then the Bucs could select another decent developmental QB. Now, I think we might better be served by keeping JJ for the season even if it means that we might possibly lose him at the end of the season (not guarenteed since the owners want the years until FA bumped to 6 from the 4 it used to be).

As to the end of the lockout, I've read a lot about it over the last week and both the owners and the players expect to win this next legal maneuver. The owners expect the stay to be upheld and the players feel that it will be overturned. At this point, no one is exactly sure what is going to happen. Still, either the players are getting more sympathetic press or they are writing better copy because a lot of the chatter is that the temporary stay will probably be lifted with the 3 panel review expected by the end of the month.

I don't think that the owners will view the overturning of the temporary stay as anything more than a temporary setback as they seem to feel that they will be upheld in review. And that's the next key legal step. Whomever wins the review, gets the upper hand in the negotiations.

So I think the NFL offices will be open later this week, much like the others here.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 02, 2011, 09:13:06 AM

We didn't get Tyrod Taylor. We need to keep Josh Johnson.

We could have swapped out JJ for TT....lol

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: will the lockout finally be lifted for good? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools