Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: will the lockout finally be lifted for good? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nitey

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 02, 2011, 03:27:13 PM

Albert Breer writes 5 things to know about the lockout:

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f9fd85/article/five-needtoknows-about-the-8th-circuits-pending-ruling

Almost a must read for those who are following news about the 8 CC decision.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

nitey

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 04, 2011, 10:20:35 AM

New information on the Lockout with a ruling on the temporary stay expect either today or tomorrow. There still is no sense on which way the judges are leaning, but the fact that two of the three judges are pro-business would seem to make the chances that a full stay will be granted. According to other articles, much depends on what the 3 panel of judges actually focus on in making their ruling. If they focus on whether Judge Nelson abused her power in making her initial ruling or if they focus on whether in their judgement Judge Nelson's ruling is considered to cause irreparable harm to the owners. If the focus on the latter, and that's what the two pro-business judges might do, the stay will probably be upheld.

Man, I really hope that the stay is removed, I'm really NOT looking forward to yet ANOTHER month of reading only litigation news about the NFL.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/04/ruling-on-stay-expected-wednesday-or-thursday/

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 04, 2011, 02:22:40 PM

Don't see how lifting the lockout helps at all, if anything it makes it worse.

Even if any of the teams happen to set the same rules for signings, OTA etc etc, welcome to the Federal court for anti trust violations. No way the owners could avoid it, that I can see. Its exactly what the players want-no draft, no cap, no restrictions on player movement once a contract is completed.

Good by NFL as we have known it, unless there is a CBA.

Damn lawyers!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 04, 2011, 02:25:49 PM

damn it...

everytime someone posts in this thread...

lol...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 04, 2011, 02:33:54 PM

I got a bad feeling..

.We're on the Hiiiiiiiiiighway to hell!  =(

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : May 04, 2011, 02:34:47 PM

Even if any of the teams happen to set the same rules for signings, OTA etc etc, welcome to the Federal court for anti trust violations. No way the owners could avoid it, that I can see. Its exactly what the players want-no draft, no cap, no restrictions on player movement once a contract is completed.

Damn lawyers!
Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

If the Lockout is lifted, the NFL will be required to start the League year. That means the League will set the rules, not each individual team. It also means that teams and players can work OTA's. Anti-trust violations aren't even in the picture.

Don't eat the hypocrisy Goodell is feeding you. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&page=wojciechowski/110426&sportCat=nfl

Read that

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 04, 2011, 02:35:16 PM

I got a bad feeling..

me too

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 04, 2011, 02:37:53 PM

Yes LGB, Your earlier post is correct, BUT WILL IT HAPPEN? Remember, we have two corporate Stooges as judges in this thing!  :(

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 04, 2011, 03:12:09 PM

Damn lawyers!

If the Lockout is lifted, the NFL will be required to start the League year. That means the League will set the rules, not each individual team. It also means that teams and players can work OTA's. Anti-trust violations aren't even in the picture.

Don't eat the hypocrisy Goodell is feeding you. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&page=wojciechowski/110426&sportCat=nfl

Read that

I did, as well as many others. Saw nothing in that article that addresses what I wrote. Have read several articles that agrees with what I wrote.

With no CBA, the NFL is composed of 32 different teams and is subject to anti trust violations if there appears to be any collusion in the setting the rules. Every article I have read on that specific point is what I am reiterating.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 04, 2011, 03:23:47 PM

Damn lawyers!

Read that

And what happens next year?

An agreement is going to have to be met at some point.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 04, 2011, 03:30:13 PM

I don't think there is a single person on either side, NFL or NFLPA, that thinks this won't end in a CBA

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 04, 2011, 03:37:08 PM

but when will both sides be willing is the point...

BucD

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 04, 2011, 03:56:07 PM

What I am hoping happens?  A permanent stay get's denied and the lockout lifted.  My gut feeling?  Unfortunately that the permanent stay is granted.  :(

BTW...JD...lovin' your sig man.  Nice.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 04, 2011, 05:22:18 PM

LGB,

I agree, there will ultimately be a CBA.

But getting there isn't going to easy on either side.

IMO, The sooner they get it out of court supervision the faster it will go. The league will fight tooth and nail to keep it from happening, no matter what it cost them this year. Labor negotiations don't belong in any court except under 2 conditions (1) The business is in bankruptcy-not the case here or (2) Has a detrimental effect on the safety or welfare of the country-not the case here either.

Have been blessed to be on the earth a long time, and I have never (to my recollection) ever seen a labor dispute handled by the courts except for the 2 conditions I cited above. I know of no other business in this situation now or in the past.

Just sayin.
: May 04, 2011, 05:27:20 PM Uncle Stan

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 04, 2011, 05:42:19 PM

i just want football. they could be having a giant battle with zeus on mount olympus for all i care as long as there is a football season during it.
: May 04, 2011, 05:49:37 PM Beatles123

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: will the lockout finally be lifted for good? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools