Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh Hell......We have our first controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 02, 2011, 05:36:08 AM

bullg8rdaddy
@bullg8rdaddy bullg8rdaddy
@AJaClay Do your thing, man. Don't let people tell you what you can or can't say. This coming from a former Marine.
4 hours ago via web

+1

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#16 : May 02, 2011, 07:24:08 AM

Sounds like a good Christian (humanitarian) sentiment.

Buc45

Starter
#17 : May 02, 2011, 07:43:55 AM

I actually felt the same way...I am happy they got Bin Laden..actually, very happy...but I don't jump up and down when anyone dies...I have no problem with people who do...I understand it...it  is just the way I feel. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 02, 2011, 08:01:12 AM

You know when you look at CNN or FOX news and you see mobs of middle eastern people burning flags and acting like crazed lunatics and you think "wow"? That's what I was reminded of when I woke up this morning and saw all the pics of people celebrating in the street over a man's death. It doesn't matter how horrible a person is, this kind of mass reaction just makes us look like uncivilized. If this meant the war was over or something it would be different, but we have people acting like it's the best day of their lives simply because someone was shot in the face.

I'm glad this monster is finally dead, but you won't see be running down the street like my team just won the Super Bowl. There is nothing wrong with Clayborn's comment. Nothing at all.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : May 02, 2011, 08:12:35 AM

If the Bucs had known this would be his view on the subject, they probably wouldn't have drafted him.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 02, 2011, 08:15:48 AM

If this is the only controversy I have to worry about with our future draft picks I will be extremely happy

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 02, 2011, 09:06:33 AM

Yeah, non-story.  Comment is appropriate.

Served many years planning/working on making this (Bin Laden) go away but I'll never be one to celebrate anyone's death.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#22 : May 02, 2011, 09:07:25 AM

I agree with him. Dont get me wrong, I love America, and I'm verrry blessed to live here and dont take it forgranted. Bin Laden got what he deserved, no doubt. But I was thinking the same thing when I saw people celebrating..it just seems kinda wrong..idk how to explain it..just seems weird to celebrate death

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#23 : May 02, 2011, 09:16:00 AM

<insert> some inane thing to say just for the sake of saying it</insert>

lol you try so hard java

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 02, 2011, 09:47:16 AM

If the Bucs had known this would be his view on the subject, they probably wouldn't have drafted him.

OK, I rag on others when they quote Java but I laughed out loud a bit with this one.

I'm surprised so  many of you agree with AC. I do, too. It's embarrassing to see mindless mobs out in the street celebrating this. If they had been given Osama's head,
I'm sure they would have had no problem taking it and holding it up for all to see as they partied into the night.

Great job getting him (even though it took ten years) but really bad reaction fro the world to see.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : May 02, 2011, 10:01:37 AM

The guy is dead, I said "Hell yes." and that's it. Non story here.

obuc

Starter

#26 : May 02, 2011, 10:14:37 AM

He's right, over celebrating this thing could be a mistake. just high five and be done with it. you have to look at this the way the Arab world looks at it. Sort of parading around a fellow muslim with his head on a stick. Have to be careful with that a little bit.  also have to understand that when Ladin did what he did, clayborn was 10.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 02, 2011, 10:52:43 AM

You know when you look at CNN or FOX news and you see mobs of middle eastern people burning flags and acting like crazed lunatics and you think "wow"? That's what I was reminded of when I woke up this morning and saw all the pics of people celebrating in the street over a man's death. It doesn't matter how horrible a person is, this kind of mass reaction just makes us look like uncivilized. If this meant the war was over or something it would be different, but we have people acting like it's the best day of their lives simply because someone was shot in the face.

I'm glad this monster is finally dead, but you won't see be running down the street like my team just won the Super Bowl. There is nothing wrong with Clayborn's comment. Nothing at all.

This is exactly right.

They show foreign children parading the streets with huge smiles on their faces when the Twin Towers fell.  We called it barbaric.  Unjust.  Then we join in on the same, uncivilized nonsense.  This is a minor victory; save the street celebrations for when the war is over.

And it's not a Christian value, as someone said.  I'm an atheist.  It's Humanism.

smove28

Starter

#28 : May 02, 2011, 12:44:20 PM

Why did I open this thread? Call me if he shoots at his sisters boyfriend or keeps smoking weed like an idiot.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 02, 2011, 01:16:32 PM

Why can you only block one toolbag at a time?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh Hell......We have our first controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools