Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mason Foster « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Snook

Hall of Famer
: May 02, 2011, 10:46:06 AM

Colin Cowherd just marked out to the Bucs drafting Foster.  Said he was an NFL caliber LB that the Bucs STOLE in round 3.

Says Tampa Bay got great overall value in their draft.

This is interesting to me because Colin rarely has anything good to say about the Bucs.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 02, 2011, 10:50:41 AM

I agree with him, Mason is as NFL ready as a 3rd rounder can be. It was a great pick that can play all 3 LB spots and be moved around as necessary.

We got great value throughout the draft, especially in round 2 and 3 where we got a Julius Peppers type DE and then Mason. Really cannot complain about this draft in any way shape or form.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 02, 2011, 10:52:09 AM

I thought Foster would go low second and wanted him. So when we got Bowers, and then him, that made my week.

In Verner We Trust

chad1336

Starter

#3 : May 02, 2011, 10:57:00 AM

Nebraska rushed for 500 yards against Washington without Foster, but less than 100 with him only two months later.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 02, 2011, 10:58:36 AM

Cowherd also didn't like the Pats draft and made fun of some of Seattle's picks.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 02, 2011, 10:59:58 AM

Twitter on Saturday:

ESPN_Colin Colin Cowherd
Loved every pick by the buccaneers for three days. This organization is officially on fast track to playoffs.Have the qb+upgraded defense.
30 Apr

nitey

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 02, 2011, 11:41:47 AM

Really like the tape I've seen on Foster. It'll be very interesting to see if he ultimately lines up on the weakside to challenge Hayes or in the middle. Depending on how long the lockout goes on, I have to believe that McKenzie has got the best shot at playing the middle and calling the defense and that Foster will play on the weakside and either Black or Watson over on the strong side. I just don't think Foster can come in without seeing the playbook and play the middle and call defenses.

At least that's how I see it shaking out at the moment.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 02, 2011, 11:47:31 AM

Really like the tape I've seen on Foster. It'll be very interesting to see if he ultimately lines up on the weakside to challenge Hayes or in the middle. Depending on how long the lockout goes on, I have to believe that McKenzie has got the best shot at playing the middle and calling the defense and that Foster will play on the weakside and either Black or Watson over on the strong side. I just don't think Foster can come in without seeing the playbook and play the middle and call defenses.

At least that's how I see it shaking out at the moment.

Ya McKenzie has already been here for a while so he knows what we are doing a little bit better. Not to say that hes the man to run the middle but the Bucs were very high on him as a MLB. I dunno, maybe Foster will be the MLB. Who knows!

Snook

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 02, 2011, 11:59:38 AM

With so much disappointment in defensive ends lately, I'm more excited about Foster than anyone else the Bucs drafted.  I think this guy will work out well for us.  Start him out on special teams and let him grow and hope he turns out even better than Black & crew.

JakeBucFan85

Rookie

#9 : May 02, 2011, 12:02:54 PM

Mason Foster is going to be pretty good I think. He has great instincts and can tackle better then Ruud. Plus he is more physical then Ruud (not that that is hard to beat). But regardless I think with Foster and then McKenzie and Dekoda Watson, we have ourselves a VERY formidable linebacking corps. The only thing I would love more is to pick up Herzlich and see if he can become a good ST like Dekoda was.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 02, 2011, 12:07:00 PM

Cowherd's a PAC-10 fan. That's why he's up on Foster.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 02, 2011, 12:17:36 PM

Foster will be our MLB next year

Snook

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 02, 2011, 12:22:02 PM

Cowherd's a PAC-10 fan. That's why he's up on Foster.

True, but he's also a west coast Seattle guy and had no problem slamming the Seahawks picks.  He also said Foster was the only good player on a weak Washington D.

I listen to Cowherd quite a bit and have never heard him speak so well about the Bucs.

And he wasn't just pleased with their Foster pick, he liked their entire draft.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 02, 2011, 05:07:47 PM

Nebraska rushed for 500 yards against Washington without Foster, but less than 100 with him only two months later.
That's all I need to know. Hayes good bye.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 02, 2011, 05:12:29 PM

Cowherd also didn't like the Pats draft and made fun of some of Seattle's picks.
I would agree with both those points.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mason Foster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools