Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Ingram ambushed by Suzy Kolber? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Ju1ce

Starter

« #15 : May 02, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »

Didn't his Dad ask her to read it to him?

If he didn't want her to do that he wouldn't have sent that to a reporter, he could of sent it to another one of Ingram's family members to be read in private.

Media is blowing this up

Exactly what I have been saying since I read the initial report.

BuccaNova

Starter
« #16 : May 02, 2011, 08:08:59 PM »

She's a slut. Gruden smashed on the set.

OK, are there words missing here or something? Does this make some kind of sense that I don't get?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #17 : May 02, 2011, 08:09:45 PM »

She's a slut. Gruden smashed on the set.

OK, are there words missing here or something? Does this make some kind of sense that I don't get?
What he is trying to imply is that Gruden fornicated with her on the set of the show.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #18 : May 02, 2011, 08:59:32 PM »

It was a letter from a father who couldn't be there for his son on a very-big day.

the question i still have is why did the father email the letter to suzy kolber?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #19 : May 02, 2011, 09:43:32 PM »

After watching the video I really think this is a very touching moment from a father to a son and he used the media to channel his feelings in a positive way...We all like to love/hate Mark Ingram for his talent but as a father I say wtg for giving your son a positive message...OBD

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #20 : May 02, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »

It was a letter from a father who couldn't be there for his son on a very-big day.

the question i still have is why did the father email the letter to suzy kolber?

There not allowed to email anyone they like, same with phone calls.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #21 : May 03, 2011, 10:07:36 PM »

he's not allowed to email his son, but he is allowed to email a tv personality?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #22 : May 03, 2011, 11:14:27 PM »

Well, turn-a-bout is fair play. Suzy got ambushed by Joe Namath on live TV. LOL! Why they even put him on the air that night is beyond me. Surely they could tell he was trashed talking to him on the sidelines.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #23 : May 04, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »

he's not allowed to email his son, but he is allowed to email a tv personality?

You cant email or call whoever you like in prison. Everything is screened. If they didn't , guys would be running drug rings and such from there prison cells. Ordering hits.  My guess is the email was submitted to the warden, who forwarded it to Kolber.   Who probably requested it in the first place from Ingram Sr..   Again through proper channels.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 04, 2011, 01:53:48 AM »

As a sports reporter she had the foresight to know she was going to be in the green room when Ingram was going to be Drafted. She contacted Ingram Sr and got the letter. Simple. Very good reporting on Kolbers part.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #25 : May 04, 2011, 06:56:09 AM »

As a sports reporter she had the foresight to know she was going to be in the green room when Ingram was going to be Drafted. She contacted Ingram Sr and got the letter. Simple. Very good reporting on Kolbers part.

and back to the assumption she ambushed him for tv ratings.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #26 : May 04, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »

Mark Ingram Sr.’s lawyer praises Suzy Kolber

Source:   PFT
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 4, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT

On Monday I wrote about the controversy that followed Suzy Kolber’s ESPN interview with Mark Ingram Jr., who cried on the stage at the NFL draft after being read an e-mail from his father, the incarcerated former NFL player Mark Ingram Sr. Today I heard from Ingram Sr.’s lawyer, who put Kolber in touch with his client and who praised Kolber and ESPN for their handling of the interview.

“Suzy Kolber could not have been more professional and appropriate,” attorney James Neville said. “Sure, she was looking for a story, but isn’t that what journalists do?”

Some journalists, including Jeff Pearlman of Sports Illustrated and Pete Prisco of CBS, wrote that Kolber was trying to ambush Ingram Jr. by catching him at an emotional time with an emotional message from his father, but Neville said Ingram Jr.’s tears were tears of joy. Neville said he was proud to have played a part in arranging for Ingram Sr. to send an e-mail to Kolber that Kolber could read to Ingram Jr.

“Those wonderful, positive sentiments that were read by Suzy Kolber of ESPN to Mark, Jr. after he was selected by New Orleans were from an e-mail that Mark, Sr. sent to me, which I, sitting in Radio City, forwarded to Ms. Kolber,” Neville said. “I just loved it. Mark, Jr.’s mom, grandmother, and sisters had traveled to New York to be with him. Now, he had his Dad there, too.”

Ingram Sr. is scheduled to be released from prison in November 2014. He’s hoping to take in a Saints game then.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Ingram ambushed by Suzy Kolber? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools