Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud could be on the Giants radar « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 03, 2011, 11:53:06 AM

Whoever said ruud reminded themof harry Carson is a fool.

I watched Carson, Banks, taylor, Bavaro, McConkey, Morris, etc...and Carson was a thumper.  Ruud is paint...he gets spread out.  And rolled on.  Ruud is no Harry Carson.  That is like saying Piscitelli was Ronnie Lott...

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 03, 2011, 07:46:17 PM

I maybe reaching here but we are missing our 4th next year no? Ruud is likely to good a pretty good size contract on the open market, then factor in that we will probably be under 2010 rules and this FA class will lose alot of      its shine.Ruud will be one of the more attractive FAs in this class and he is fairly young,Dom is smart he knows Ruud will put up good tackle numbers(no matter how he gets them he will get em) I'm willing to bet Ruud brings atleast that 4th that we are missing back, I honestly believe us missing a 4th next year will factor into bringing Ruud back or like I said I'm reaching here!
: May 03, 2011, 07:48:26 PM 1VA BUCSFAN

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 03, 2011, 08:16:44 PM

I've been here longer than you.

point.

You should of left with Gruden..

counterpoint.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : May 03, 2011, 09:01:27 PM

I was here before Gruden as well.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 03, 2011, 09:12:20 PM

I was here before Gruden as well.

that guy is long gone, with only jdog left at the keyboard.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 03, 2011, 09:39:16 PM

I maybe reaching here but we are missing our 4th next year no? Ruud is likely to good a pretty good size contract on the open market, then factor in that we will probably be under 2010 rules and this FA class will lose alot of      its shine.Ruud will be one of the more attractive FAs in this class and he is fairly young,Dom is smart he knows Ruud will put up good tackle numbers(no matter how he gets them he will get em) I'm willing to bet Ruud brings atleast that 4th that we are missing back, I honestly believe us missing a 4th next year will factor into bringing Ruud back or like I said I'm reaching here!

I'm not sure if we can trade him, but I'm pretty sure Dominik knows he will be losing a lot of free agents, and will have some compensatory picks coming for sure next year to more than make up for the loss of the 4th rounder.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 03, 2011, 09:43:47 PM

Meant to say get a good sized contract!!!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 04, 2011, 01:05:21 AM

I dont picture Ruud as a Giant.   Just cant wrap my mind around that, as Boid stated, those Giant LB's are refrigerators on wheels.  Doesn't seem like a good fit, but having said that I hope its true.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#23 : May 04, 2011, 01:13:46 AM

This was just some guys opinion, in no way does it say NY is interested in Ruud, as awesome as that would be.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : May 04, 2011, 02:11:56 AM

chaz, if Ruud sucked, Heemy would have cut him - not started him in EVERY game.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 04, 2011, 10:15:53 AM

Harry Carson? Is that a joke? Carson would NEVER let a RB put a dress on him. Ruud got embarrassed by Chris Ivory when he got trucked last year in the dome. He sucks

flash_kiley

Second String

#26 : May 04, 2011, 11:24:04 AM

I just want to see Ruud in any uniform but ours. Doesn't matter which one.

TowMater69

Second String

#27 : May 04, 2011, 11:51:47 AM

Good for them, better for Tampa

FireThemCannons

Second String
#28 : May 04, 2011, 02:22:39 PM

Ruud has positives and negatives just like everyone else. He's great in pass protection and reading the offense...he's bad at run defense and gets run over at the point of attack. We will still have a good pass defense without him but we will never have a good run defense with him...he must go or we will continue to be among the last in the league in run d

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 04, 2011, 03:30:16 PM

We will still have a good pass defense without him but we will never have a good run defense with him...he must go or we will continue to be among the last in the league in run d

Is that why we ranked in the top half of the league in run defense in 2007 and 2008? Ruud is not the stoutest of run defenders in the league, but the criticism from the anti-Ruud camp often borders on hyperbole. We can be stout against the run with Ruud at MLB, and if we are better against the run next season without Ruud, I'm pretty sure that Da'Quan Bowers, Adrian Clayborn, Gerald McCoy, and Brian Price will have more to do with it than anyone on the current roster who replaces Ruud. This is of course assuming that he is not re-signed. I still feel that it could go either way at this point. What people are forgetting when they assume that Ruud will be asking too much is that A. Ruud wants to be here. He may be willing to take that hometown discount, and B. assuming that there is a new salary floor implemented, the Bucs will undoubtedly be way under it. They are going to have to pay someone. Why not the player that knows the defense better than anyone on the roster?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud could be on the Giants radar « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools