Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud could be on the Giants radar « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

FireThemCannons

Second String

#30 : May 04, 2011, 04:18:28 PM

We will still have a good pass defense without him but we will never have a good run defense with him...he must go or we will continue to be among the last in the league in run d

Is that why we ranked in the top half of the league in run defense in 2007 and 2008? Ruud is not the stoutest of run defenders in the league, but the criticism from the anti-Ruud camp often borders on hyperbole. We can be stout against the run with Ruud at MLB, and if we are better against the run next season without Ruud, I'm pretty sure that Da'Quan Bowers, Adrian Clayborn, Gerald McCoy, and Brian Price will have more to do with it than anyone on the current roster who replaces Ruud. This is of course assuming that he is not re-signed. I still feel that it could go either way at this point. What people are forgetting when they assume that Ruud will be asking too much is that A. Ruud wants to be here. He may be willing to take that hometown discount, and B. assuming that there is a new salary floor implemented, the Bucs will undoubtedly be way under it. They are going to have to pay someone. Why not the player that knows the defense better than anyone on the roster?

I agree our dline plays a bigger role in run defense and it will improve with a bigger line....but ruud is still weak at the point of attack, I just think we need a more stout mlb. I wish he was open to paying outside lb because i think he would excel in that role. If the bucs feel he's the best player for the position and sign him i'll root for him.. i just hate seeing him get run over, but maybe with a better line he'll suprise us all.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 04, 2011, 04:53:03 PM

If Ruud was looked upon as an option at Will....he'd likely have been moved there already.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

FireThemCannons

Second String

#32 : May 04, 2011, 05:42:23 PM

I remember someone in the media asking ruud if he would move to Will if asked to last year. He said no...so its not a option but i still think its a better position for him.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 04, 2011, 06:08:11 PM

We will still have a good pass defense without him but we will never have a good run defense with him...he must go or we will continue to be among the last in the league in run d

Is that why we ranked in the top half of the league in run defense in 2007 and 2008? Ruud is not the stoutest of run defenders in the league, but the criticism from the anti-Ruud camp often borders on hyperbole. We can be stout against the run with Ruud at MLB...........

Whoa, whoa there big fella. Derrick Brooks was a member of this team in 2007, and 2008. It is not irony that after DB left our run defense went to crap. Without a pro bowl player beside him, he has been exposed for what he is. He is a weak LB who can't fight off blocks from TE's or FB's, and he is a drag down tackler who gets run over by RB's and usually gets washed out at the LOS on the rare occasion he steps up to defend the run.

I rate Barrett Ruud below average.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 05, 2011, 11:37:27 AM

I have to assume that he piles up tackles because opposing offenses know they can get a good chunk of yardage by attacking him.  Wolves go after the baby animals.  They never go for the big ones...

If Ruud leaves, I will not miss him.  Whoever steps into his shoes will fill in the role nicely.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 05, 2011, 02:32:34 PM

Is that why we ranked in the top half of the league in run defense in 2007 and 2008? Ruud is not the stoutest of run defenders in the league, but the criticism from the anti-Ruud camp often borders on hyperbole. We can be stout against the run with Ruud at MLB...........

Whoa, whoa there big fella. Derrick Brooks was a member of this team in 2007, and 2008. It is not irony that after DB left our run defense went to crap. Without a pro bowl player beside him, he has been exposed for what he is. He is a weak LB who can't fight off blocks from TE's or FB's, and he is a drag down tackler who gets run over by RB's and usually gets washed out at the LOS on the rare occasion he steps up to defend the run.

I rate Barrett Ruud below average.

You act as though Ruud played next to '97 to '04 Derrick Brooks. Brooks had lost a step in '07 and '08. No player has ever lead the team in tackles two seasons in a row while Brooks was on the roster other than Barrett Ruud. That should tell you how much Mr. Brooks' game had tailed off during those two seasons.

Ruud doesn't need a Pro Bowler beside him. He just needs one other LB on the team to not be a freaking liability. He hasn't had that since 2008.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud could be on the Giants radar « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools