Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Next Phase Of Constructing A Contender « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 03, 2011, 01:26:17 PM

I don't think the Patriots model really works here. There may be specific tactics Dominik can incorporate into his thinking, but as long as Raheem is the coach, it won't work.

I don't mean that as a knock on Raheem - I'm a huge fan. It's just that in terms of temperament Belichek is a different cat. Part of Raheem's formula for success is his passion - turning him into a cold-blooded boss negates part of what makes him so appealing to his players.

Yes, I know Raheem cleaned house when he arrived. But now he's building his own house, and it isn't when they are your handpicked guys.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 03, 2011, 01:31:31 PM

Now that I just said that, I think one thing they seem to be doing similar to the Pats is putting a bit more weight on versatility (Preston Parker, Lorig, Bradford?).

scoots

Rookie
#17 : May 03, 2011, 04:35:18 PM

Mark Dominic has created his own model...His draft record speaks for itself, His draft classes have created competition to our team for every level and position, Our team has improved to a point where the veterans now are being pushed as well as the second and third string units. Next year there will be the daunting struggle just to make the reserve squad, In my opinion we will be a tough team to play from now on ....Rahim and Dominic are building a contender from the ground up, and signing a premier free agent will really only be needed to push us over the top....in a few years we will have to deal with keeping our second contract players, or finding replacements in the draft. Eventually making our special teams units will be even tougher!!!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 03, 2011, 10:49:03 PM

I was very impressed with our staff's ability to find young replacements for all the injured guys last year and quickly get them up to speed for us. We cycled the practice squad repeatedly and kept bringing new guys up, most of whom produced for us.
   What I like the most 'bout Morris/Dominik is their willingness to correct their own mistakes. Too many coaches/admins just keep repeating prior mistakes; never learn. I think getting Millard (D-line) and Morris (O-line), despite our 10-6 record, will pay off for us! They knew the LOS was a problem...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Next Phase Of Constructing A Contender « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools