Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Four Alternatives to Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: May 03, 2011, 03:07:15 PM

While just about every Buccaneers fans wants Nnamdi Asomugha. Here are four other players that offer a more realistic chance of landing with the Bucs.

Brandon McDonald
Carlos Rogers
Eric Wright
Brandon Carr

Of course three of the four have only fours years experience in the NFL, so a new CBA would have to be worked out, But if it is I think Wright or Carr would be solid plan"B" options.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#1 : May 03, 2011, 03:18:21 PM

Two others we should consider;

Johnathan Joseph (CIN)
Richard Marshall (CAR)

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 03, 2011, 03:23:47 PM

Brent Grimes (ATL)  Pick up a good young corner, and take him from a divisional foe.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

TowMater69

Second String

#3 : May 03, 2011, 03:25:18 PM

They need a shut down/game changer CB, to hold up against Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson/Marques Colston/Roddy White this year.  It's either Asomugha or Joseph.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 03, 2011, 03:29:01 PM

I would honestly prefer Joseph.  I like Aso and think he is prob the best at his position but the price bidding war is going to get insane for that guy imo.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 03, 2011, 03:34:34 PM

Brent Grimes (ATL)  Pick up a good young corner, and take him from a divisional foe.

Grimes will be a priority re-signing for Atlanta IMO and was given a first round tender on 03/04/2011

but looky here....

Grimes and Black are eerily similar...   and Black is a better athlete in the quick twitch drills...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=55402&draftyear=2006&genpos=CB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68620&draftyear=2011&genpos=SS

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#6 : May 03, 2011, 04:17:13 PM

I would honestly prefer Joseph.  I like Aso and think he is prob the best at his position but the price bidding war is going to get insane for that guy imo.
I just don't see Joseph as being all that...IIRC, the Bengals got destroyed through the air all year long.  Just spend the money and get the number 1 guy instead of settling for a cheaper alternative, at least just this once.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 03, 2011, 04:26:30 PM

They need a shut down/game changer CB, to hold up against Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson/Marques Colston/Roddy White this year.  It's either Asomugha or Joseph.

The FO is not making decisions with just one year in mind

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#8 : May 03, 2011, 04:39:27 PM

Nnamdi would provide a shut down corner  solution for the next 5 years, not just next year. I can't understand why so many are ok with not going after him if the front office decides to pass. I'm not looking to spend money for the sake of spending, but when you have a need (assuming that Talib is not in the long term plans of this team) and a solution to that need in a bonafide premiere corner, I am not ok with not making a play for him.
This team is growing very similar to the one from a decade ago built through the draft and growing together, but even that team made a move to sign Simeon Rice who was a key piece to putting them over the top. I think that a move like signing Asomugha can be like that Simeon Rice move. This team is growing very close to win it all in the next couple of years.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 03, 2011, 04:46:49 PM

Here are the 3 guys that I keep throwing out that are UFAs regardless of CBA. Chris Carr, Carlos Rogers and Fabian Washington, they are all mid tier guys capable of pushing the young guys and starting and they all come from defenses they hae been very successful over the last 2 years.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#10 : May 03, 2011, 05:51:15 PM

ATL placed a HUGE bet down on their draft, we have to take the steps necessary to make sure they aren't the cream of the nfc for the foreseeable future; drafting Nnamdi would crush them now and for the next 5 years.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 03, 2011, 05:54:23 PM

are we looking for a number 1?  if so, asomugha is great.  but i think his price is too high.  he would do wonders for our team on the field.

i think a midtier guy is more realistic.  especially with talib still a possibility.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 03, 2011, 08:17:27 PM

....drafting Nnamdi would crush them now and for the next 5 years...

I'm not one to chase down just any free agent as a fan...

But this statement above REALLY hit the nail on the head.

Well put Ramon...  Well put...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 03, 2011, 08:57:31 PM

The FO is not making decisions with just one year in mind

I hear CB is going to be deep in next year's draft. I'd rather wait until then rather than bring in a bling bling free agent. We got Gaiter in the draft. I expect that we will use him if need be. He looks like a very solid prospect, and I'm pretty sure Raheem really wanted to bring that kid in. He could be a steal where we drafted him. He is a big time ball hawk. He's very good at reading the QB, and he has speed, is a sound tackler, etc.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

grotesktruth

Starter

#14 : May 03, 2011, 09:22:00 PM

I just don't see Joseph as being all that...IIRC, the Bengals got destroyed through the air all year long.  Just spend the money and get the number 1 guy instead of settling for a cheaper alternative, at least just this once.

Ihen has that ever happened. . . .

I think grimes would be great to take from ATL, he's gotten a couple key takeaways from the Bucs last year and looked pretty promising overall.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Four Alternatives to Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools