Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Four Alternatives to Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 03, 2011, 09:34:54 PM

They need a shut down/game changer CB, to hold up against Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson/Marques Colston/Roddy White this year.  It's either Asomugha or Joseph.

..And don't for a second forget Julio(sp?). Atl grabbed him up in a trade-up, so he's starting no matter what.

Really, it's either A) keep Talib and deal with him B) sign "Scrabble" and send Talib off, or C) Bring in Awsomo, but keep Talib anyway. TB can't win ten games this upcoming schedule if there isn't at least ONE guy back there is a legit CB. Now, IF TB could somehow have Scrabble and a controlled Talib, neither the Saints Brees or the new tandem in Atlanta could do too much against them.

I wouldn't worry about Carolina, but the Saints and Falcons are serious contenders yearly. If TB doesn't have some answers for their WR's, they're defense is toast before they ever start the game. That's FOUR games that you can just write off the boards automatically (and in division) if we don't have either Talib or Awsomo, or both even.

Seriously, our division is just plain evil right now. Tampa has to be the same way, or continue to lose no matter what "star QB" they magically have.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 03, 2011, 09:42:42 PM

As good as Barber, Lewis & Biggers played last year, its a LONG SEASON ... with basically Gaitor as the only depth.   That is not a situation I want to be in knowing we have to move forward and not take a huge step backward.  ATL & NO got stronger.  You want to compete? You gotta go get a no.1.  Barber is gone next year, so even if you go & sign a BIG FA it still doesn't change CB as a huge need next year.
: May 03, 2011, 09:44:38 PM BTownBucFan

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 03, 2011, 09:49:05 PM

List of current unrestricted guys:

Cornerbacks:
Brian Williams, ATL
Fabian Washington, BAL
Chris Carr, BAL
Drayton Florence, BUF
C.C. Brown DET
Travis Daniels KC
Al Harris MIA
Lito Sheppard, MIN
Frank Walker MIN
Nnamdi Asomugha OAK
Ike Taylor, PIT
Roderick Hood TEN
Phillip Buchanon WAS
Carlos Rogers, WAS

http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011/01/2011-free-agent-secondary/

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 03, 2011, 10:22:18 PM

Complete List:

Pos   Player   FA Status   Previous Team   Current Team
CB   Andre Dyson   UFA   New York Jets   Free Agent
CB   Antonio Cromartie   UFA   New York Jets   Free Agent
CB   Brandon McDonald   UFA (Cut)   Detroit Lions   Free Agent
CB   Carlos Rogers   UFA   Washington Redskins   Free Agent
CB   Chevis Jackson   UFA   Denver Broncos   Free Agent
CB   Chris Carr   UFA   Baltimore Ravens   Free Agent
CB   Corey Graham   UFA   Chicago Bears   Free Agent
CB   DeAngelo Smith   UFA   Cleveland Browns   Free Agent
CB   Drayton Florence   UFA   Buffalo Bills   Free Agent
CB   Elbert Mack   UFA   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Free Agent
CB   Ellis Hobbs   UFA   Philadelphia Eagles   Free Agent
CB   Eric Wright   UFA   Cleveland Browns   Free Agent
CB   Frank Walker   UFA   Minnesota Vikings   Free Agent
CB   Ike Taylor   UFA   Pittsburgh Steelers   Free Agent
CB   Johnathan Joseph   UFA   Cincinnati Bengals   Free Agent
CB   Josh Bell   UFA   Green Bay Packers   Free Agent
CB   Josh Wilson   UFA   Baltimore Ravens   Free Agent
CB   Justin Miller   UFA   Arizona Cardinals   Free Agent
CB   Kelly Jennings   UFA   Seattle Seahawks   Free Agent
CB   Kennard Cox   UFA   Seattle Seahawks   Free Agent
CB   Michael Adams   UFA   Arizona Cardinals   Free Agent
CB   Nate Ness   UFA   Miami Dolphins   Free Agent
CB   Nnamdi Asomugha   UFA   Oakland Raiders   Free Agent
CB   Quincy Butler   UFA   St. Louis Rams   Free Agent
CB   Richard Marshall   UFA   Carolina Panthers   Free Agent
CB   Scott Starks   UFA   Jacksonville Jaguars   Free Agent
CB   Shawn Springs   UFA   New England Patriots   Free Agent
CB   Tarell Brown   UFA   San Francisco 49ers   Free Agent
CB   Trumaine McBride   UFA   Chicago Bears   Free Agent
CB   Trumaine McBride   UFA   Arizona Cardinals   Free Agent
CB   Will Blackmon   UFA   Green Bay Packers   Free Agent
CB   William Gay   UFA   Pittsburgh Steelers   Free Agent

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 03, 2011, 10:23:04 PM

We have the money to pay Nnamdi, we should do everything we can to get him, he would instantly help the secondary with or without Talib.
He's the best at his position and we should take the chance and bring him here, even if it's for 15-16 mill a year, he's proven he's worth it and I would love to have him.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 03, 2011, 10:27:20 PM

For me, my first choices would be:
Nnamdi Asomugha (of course)
Rogers Cromartie
Johnathan Joseph

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 03, 2011, 10:28:59 PM

ive never been in an NFL locker room, but i cant see how paying him 16mil per will help team chemistry.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

-ts

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 03, 2011, 10:41:09 PM

If I didn't go Aso, I would have to go with Joseph.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 03, 2011, 10:49:12 PM

BTown Joseph is an RFA.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

bashear

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 03, 2011, 11:02:03 PM

ive never been in an NFL locker room, but i cant see how paying him 16mil per will help team chemistry.
It will send the message that if you become one of the top two at an important position in the NFL, the Glazers will pay you. Or if you play another position, the Glazers will pay for performance.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 03, 2011, 11:31:51 PM

Would Antonio Cromartie be a good pick up in anyone's opinion?

Supreme

Starter

#26 : May 03, 2011, 11:38:15 PM

Would Antonio Cromartie be a good pick up in anyone's opinion?

His play is feast or famine. But I'd still take a chance with him.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 03, 2011, 11:42:52 PM

Opposing quarterbacks completed just 43.9 percent of passes thrown at Antonio Cromartie last season, the fifth best rate in the league.Teammate Darrelle Revis ranked first in that category at 33.9 percent. Cromartie, who just signed with mega-agents Ben Dogra and Tom Condon, is headed for unrestricted free agency. The Jets are tentatively expected to let him walk as he searches for a big payday

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3671/player?r=1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 03, 2011, 11:59:08 PM

While just about every Buccaneers fans wants Nnamdi Asomugha. Here are four other players that offer a more realistic chance of landing with the Bucs.

Brandon McDonald
Carlos Rogers
Eric Wright
Brandon Carr

Of course three of the four have only fours years experience in the NFL, so a new CBA would have to be worked out, But if it is I think Wright or Carr would be solid plan"B" options.

You have a good eye for talent Yucc.   I know Eric Wright personally, and he is a great guy and a great talent, that has been through a lot in his life. He got in a little trouble as a kid, and because of that, ended up going to UNLV instead of a bigger program.  BTW, he has been a model citizen since then. We were so happy when the Browns drafted him.  He was lights out in Cleveland in 09 but fell off a bit in 2010. But he has all the talent in the world. He would love a change of scenery for sure. The Browns put a 2nd round tender on him back in March, but if that holds up remains to be seen.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 04, 2011, 12:20:26 AM

Here's the thing one must not only look at the Talib situation, but also Barber in what many feel will be has last year with the team. I like many others just don't see the Bucs ponying up the cash it's going to take to land any of the top four free agent corners. The list I provided was a more realistic look at what Dominik most likely will be looking to bring in. Mid-tier players that have shown they can handle both zone and man coverage and not break the bank in doing so. It also provide insurance for when Barber hangs his cleats up. If Talib is kept, and is exonerated on his pending charges now the Bucs already have Barbers replacement for the 2012 season on the roster or added depth at a price point comparable to  his expected level of play. This then allows the Bucs to focus on other areas of need in the 2012 draft. 

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Four Alternatives to Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools