Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Four Alternatives to Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bashear

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 04, 2011, 12:29:58 AM

I like many others just don't see the Bucs ponying up the cash it's going to take to land any of the top four free agent corners.
As much as getting Nnamdi would make me happy, I agree with this prediction.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 04, 2011, 12:33:51 AM

IMO, better to go with a younger guy if your going to sign any free agents at all. Then they can grow with this young team we have.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 04, 2011, 02:41:32 AM

I like many others just don't see the Bucs ponying up the cash it's going to take to land any of the top four free agent corners.

Yes, the owners do indeed like to save a buc, but this is also impractical thinking that they actually won't.

They CAN indeed sign whomever they want out of FA this season. Matter of fact, they may HAVE to (along with resigns). Once the cap rules are reinstated, the Bucs without a doubt, will have to spend money somewhere. They will be (from when I last checked) somewhere between 40-50 mil under the MINIMUM. Just 40 mil (yearly) could probably get four Scrabbles.

So, because of the cap space that they'll have after the CBA, they will HAVE to spend it on at least two "impact" players imvho. They shouldn't go after a slew of c-class players instead, as they already have a core of young deceit players as good as them or better. With Tampa's divisional rivals growing and already being tough as nails, (especially the Falcons) they HAVE to have some form of solid backfield or get burned even worse than Morris: season 1. Within our division are two of the best teams in the game at eating the oppositions backfield. One of them got a bit better, and the other is trimming fat.

Baring some variable that we don't know about, I'm a hundred percent sure the Bucs would rather pay much more to a guy like Aso, than a turdnugget like Talib. My question is, will they keep Talib anyhow? They held onto TJax after him hitting the Hookah with Michael Fred Phelps too many times. Although, this is quite a bit different. Talib's mom probably smokes crack, not weed, and Talib can't just avoid or ask her out of his life like the average everyday acquaintance. The irony might be that, in the end, Talib and the Bucs will both need eachother.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 04, 2011, 06:43:54 AM

Would Antonio Cromartie be a good pick up in anyone's opinion?

i would hate it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 04, 2011, 06:46:13 AM

They CAN indeed sign whomever they want out of FA this season. Matter of fact, they may HAVE to (along with resigns). Once the cap rules are reinstated, the Bucs without a doubt, will have to spend money somewhere.

carl nicks, stephen tulloch and drayton florence would be fine for me.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 09, 2011, 02:53:33 PM

Schefter is also asked about possible landing spots for cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. He says the favorites are in the NFC East, but he also makes mention of the Buccaneers. Dont rule this one out. If there is a salary cap, the Bucs are going to have more cap room to work with than any team in the league. Coach Raheem Morris also has thrown out a few hints that the Bucs might be more active in free agency this year than they have been in recent years.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 09, 2011, 03:28:39 PM

aso makes the most sense.....it will absolutely top  anything the saints and falcons did to get better......we would have the BEST. defensive back fields.....even without talib if you add aso to jackson,grimm,black,barber,biggers and lewis......the last 2 imo would be lynch and assante and i'd cut brown ......there is a lot of playmakers in that mix ........about 30 or more picks imo.......I give gator an outside chance of making the team or at  least the practice team.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 10, 2011, 06:27:22 AM

Two others we should consider;

Johnathan Joseph (CIN)
Richard Marshall (CAR)

Depending on what is decided about FA with the new CBA both are restricted FA. Add Chris Carr to that list. He's a UFA.

flash_kiley

Second String

#38 : May 10, 2011, 09:26:28 AM

Aso is almost to good to pass up. Most people see him as the best CB in the league. I know he will want a rediculous amount of money, but we have it. We put ourselves in position to make a move.

BucsWin31

Starter

#39 : May 10, 2011, 09:46:30 AM

For the record Chris Carr sucks! I think and im sure some may also believe that if we were to land Nnamdi we could make a run to Super Sunday. As you can see New Orleans has gotten better, and its almost a sure thing that Ray Edwards is headed to Atlanta. If we're serious about being a contender than we should definitely make a move for Nnamdi

bashear

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 10, 2011, 12:28:11 PM

Nnamdi is a free agent and will earn a lot of money, one way or another. He will have a choice of teams. Do you guys believe that Nnamdi will sign with an up-and-coming team rather than consistent playoff contender? Do you believe that no consistent playoff contender will make him an offer?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 11, 2011, 05:02:37 AM

For the record Chris Carr sucks! I think and im sure some may also believe that if we were to land Nnamdi we could make a run to Super Sunday. As you can see New Orleans has gotten better, and its almost a sure thing that Ray Edwards is headed to Atlanta. If we're serious about being a contender than we should definitely make a move for Nnamdi

Again FA availability is going to depend on new CBA. Edwards was tendered by Vikings. Not sure what else Atlanta can afford to give up after the farm they gave up for Julio Jones.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 11, 2011, 08:50:01 AM

They need a shut down/game changer CB, to hold up against Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson/Marques Colston/Roddy White this year.  It's either Asomugha or Joseph.

The FO is not making decisions with just one year in mind

Wouldn't that kinda rule out Asomugha who is 30 this year. Joseph is 27 and Marshall 26.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 11, 2011, 09:02:01 AM

the only thing that rules out asomugha imo will be his salary.  while many think its possible, i dont think team chemistry could handle the massive discrepancy in what our current players are making vs. what, 18mil per?

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#44 : May 11, 2011, 09:08:24 AM

99.9% guaranteed Nnamdi will be a Buc when/ if the season starts (pretty reliable source). He loves Rah and the direction the team is going. Just gotta hope the Glazers will
give up the coin. Which I think they'll pay to add a high character shut down corner. It's a no brainer.

Damn Rah :-/.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Four Alternatives to Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools