Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Biological warfare between college rivals « previous next »
Page: 1

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

: February 16, 2011, 07:52:58 PM

Ok, slightly exaggerated title - but not technically.

The worst thing that can come out of all that is that they'll get another chant that makes no sense. "Toomer Tree Eagle!"

Auburn: Oak trees posioned at historic site

Associated Press Sports
updated 4:23 p.m. ET Feb. 16, 2011

AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - Auburn University says someone deliberately poisoned trees at Toomer's Corner, and that the live oaks likely can't be saved.

The university said in a statement Wednesday that a herbicide commonly used to kill trees was applied "in lethal amounts" to the soil around the trees. Toomer's Corner has long been a site where Auburn fans celebrate big wins, including the football national championship on Jan. 10.

City police are investigating the incident.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

The use of Spike 80DF, or tebuthiuron, is also governed by state agricultural laws and the Environmental Protection Agency. The university says it doesn't use the herbicide.

The university says a caller to a syndicated radio show on Jan. 27 claimed he had applied the herbicide. Soil samples taken the next day and were tested at Mississippi State to determine the type of poison.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 16, 2011, 07:54:12 PM

www.Atlbucs.com

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 17, 2011, 08:30:23 PM

Easy, bro.  Chant that makes no sense?  Do some research.

As for this hillbilly that's in jail now.... people never cease to amaze me.   

Seems like Bamer fans who claim they've won 12,000 national titles in their history would be able to handle Auburn winning their second.

I guess not.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 17, 2011, 10:20:47 PM

ha, I've done some independent research in asking my wife and all of her friends (all AU grads) to tell me the story - and they all differ in when/how it happened. 

Sense or not - its kind of annoying, which is why I make fun.

But glad they caught the guy.  I see they've found out where the guy lives and put it online now.  Hes got something coming...
http://www.auburntron.com/2011/02/17/home-of-the-toomers-tree-killer-harvey-updyke/

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 17, 2011, 10:24:36 PM

Wrong but still kinda funny

www.Atlbucs.com

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 17, 2011, 10:29:55 PM

Not wrong, just funny.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 11, 2011, 02:25:06 PM

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 11, 2011, 03:48:53 PM

"tree surgeon"....

www.Atlbucs.com

#8 : June 28, 2011, 02:41:01 PM

I hate Auburn like no man should, but this was a classless, cruel act. Shame on the University of Alabama.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Biological warfare between college rivals « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools