Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib Trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #30 : May 04, 2011, 12:49:27 PM »

From JBF...

... leave it to freakin' stroud to make some crap up...

Raheem Morris: No Truth To Aqib Talib Rumors

May 4th, 2011

A few weeks ago, St. Petersburg Times Bucs beat writer Rick Stroud made a profoundly strong statement without quoting any source that the Bucs have made up their minds: troubled Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib was a dead man walking at One Buc Palace.

Stroud claimed that the moment the NFL (or the United States judicial system) gave teams the green light to make player transactions, Talib would be jettisoned in a matter of seconds.

Hold up, says Bucs coach Raheem Morris. In speaking with Tom Krasniqi on WHBO-AM 1040 this afternoon, subbing for the vacationing Fabulous Sports Babe, Talib shot down reports of Talib’s demise in Tampa Bay.

Tom Krasniqi: There have been rumors that once [the lockout comes to a close] you will cut ties with Aqib Talib. Is there any truth to that?

Raheem Morris: No. We have not talked about that. That has not taken place. We will, but that time has not come yet.

Now Morris clearly stated a decision on Talib has not been made yet but he was adamant Talib’s future status with the Bucs hasn’t even been discussed.

Joe finds that a bit interesting but Morris said it in his own words: The report that Talib is gone is not true.

Yet.

Yeqah, I just figured the club put that info out there to try to get Talib to straighten out. The same tactic proved successful with Roethlisberger last year. Think about it, where else would the "rumor" come from?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #31 : May 04, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »

I'm not basing my opinion off what Stroud says. That guy is an idiot and I don't think for a second that he actually gets to sit in on those private matters. He's just making **CENSORED** up to sell a paper.

I know Rah will won't want to give up on Talib. He'll want to try and help him become a better man because Rah is like Dungy in that way...but I think Dom will look at it in the light of a business. He'll explain to Rah that if they keep Talib and he messes up again it will be their ass, and I think eventually with pressure from Dom and the owners, Rah will cave and they will all be on board with shipping him out.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #32 : May 04, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »

Could very well be a foundation to that thought GR.

When we read 'source' or it's in print, we, as fans automatically think - that had to been the coaching staff or GM...   Most 'sources' are agents...

Who in there right mind 'cuts' a guy before they know the actual legal outcome?   No one.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #33 : May 04, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »

NFL Personal Conduct Policy...

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/images/oldImages/fck/NFL%20Personal%20Conduct%20Policy%202008.pdf

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #34 : May 04, 2011, 02:18:50 PM »

NFL Personal Conduct Policy...

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/images/oldImages/fck/NFL%20Personal%20Conduct%20Policy%202008.pdf

I get all that but he isn't being accused of raping or doing drugs. He is accused of being at his family home and defending his sister from her abusive husband....and going to far. If he hadn't chased him down the street shooting at him after the confrontation, there would be nothing to discipline him for. Therefore, if Mama Talib takes the blame and he has the charges against him dropped...there is no reason for suspension. You can't suspend a guy because his sister got beat up and his mom shoat at the guy who did it. Talib can claim to have played the peace keeper role trying to maintain order...and there is nothing the Commish can do.

If you are out at a club and get wasted and are accused of rape like Ben Rapistberger, then even if you get off legally, you still were taking part in behavior that deserves suspension. You put yourself in a bad situation. You can't claim Talib was putting himself in a bad situation by being at his family home.

Basically, if the charges are dropped then he was simply present during a domestic violence altercation. I don't think you can suspend him for that.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #35 : May 04, 2011, 02:38:50 PM »

All JDub is saying is that it would be safer to hedge our bets with Talib and trade him for value instead of just hoping he doesn't do something stupid again.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #36 : May 04, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »

I get it, just don't think it's 'safer'... yet.

We need a guy back there who knows the system, is super talented on the field and can fire up the troops - not necessarily lead them.

Don't think anyone would trade for talib... or jackson for that matter.   They'd just wait for them to be cut.  (Ok, maybe Oakland would...)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #37 : May 04, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »

All JDub is saying is that it would be safer to hedge our bets with Talib and trade him for value instead of just hoping he doesn't do something stupid again.

Yes. Exactly.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #38 : May 04, 2011, 04:25:55 PM »

yeah, we got it the first 500 times. Jdub wants Talib gone.......WE GOT IT!

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #39 : May 04, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »

No way will the Bucs get rid of Talib.   Raheem likes low character guys.

bashear

Hall of Famer

« #40 : May 04, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »

Hold up, says Bucs coach Raheem Morris. In speaking with Tom Krasniqi on WHBO-AM 1040 this afternoon, subbing for the vacationing Fabulous Sports Babe, Talib shot down reports of Talib’s demise in Tampa Bay.

Talib shot down the reports? Hehe. Somebody disarm that man!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib Trade? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools