Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin Joseph is pretty damn good « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#15 : May 04, 2011, 05:16:16 PM

What you need to be looking at is the blocking of the receivers. MW pancakes one of the Steeler corners on one play and is blocking 20 yards downfield on the TD against Detroit, among others. Stovall won't be missed in that department with MW and Benn manning the corners.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 04, 2011, 05:30:20 PM

Joseph was regarded as a good pass blocker and a great run blocker coming out. He's mediocre in both regards. The definition of consistently inconsistent. I can't remember the last game, where I can say, damn Joseph played a well rounded game in both aspects.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 04, 2011, 05:54:29 PM

1st play @ :05 Joseph pushed 4 yards into backfield by defender.

2nd play @ :55 Joseph fails to block anyone dives to the ground.

3rd play @ 1:10 Joseph pushed back 4 yards into backfield.

4th play @ 1:25 Joseph pulls and has a good block on the LB.

5th play @ 1:37 Joseph misses first defender, and keeps moving blocks LB.

6th play @ 1:45 Joseph turns inside to block, but falls on his face without blocking anyone.

7th play @ 1:55 Joseph is pushed to the ground by defender.

8th play @ 2:13 Joseph driven 2 yards into backfield.

9th play @ 2:40 tape doesn't show Joseph.

10th play @ 3:00 Joseph gets to second level and blocks LB.

11th play @ 3:09 Joseph gets to second level and blocks LB.

Okay that's ten plays evaluated.
On six plays facing a DT he basically fell on his face. He lost all six.
On the four plays he didn't block the DT, and he got to the second level he did a good job of blocking the LB.

Analysis: Davin Joseph is not effective against defensive linemen, but he is effective when he has a head of steam going and he is blocking a 240 lb. linebacker. "Pretty damn good" never came to my mind as I was watching this.

If they re-sign him I think it has more to do with the fact that he has given up his body for this team. He has played at less than 100% for much of his time here IMO. Who knows? Maybe Blount likes the big gaps he creates when he is pushed so far into the backfield.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 04, 2011, 05:56:12 PM

lol

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 04, 2011, 07:20:59 PM

getting pushed is what you were looking at? that all i needed to know about your assesment.

Look at Logan Mankins get peshed into the backfield.....dude sucks. I starting to think many have no idea what they are watching.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : May 04, 2011, 08:32:14 PM

6th play @ 1:45 Joseph turns inside to block, but falls on his face without blocking anyone.

Actually, he fell on top of the guy he was blocking. It's called a "pancake." Your evaluation skills suck.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 04, 2011, 08:47:39 PM

Without the Big guys up front Blount does nothing on the field. When healthy davin is a dominate G in the NFL.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#22 : May 04, 2011, 09:12:19 PM

Without the Big guys up front Blount does nothing on the field.

Not really. Blount averaged more yards-after-contact and broke more tackles than any back in the league. Cadillac was actually in the Top 10 in several "elusiveness" categories as well, and he couldn't even get yards. That suggests to me that our O-line stunk, and that Blount was just so ridiculously good that he was able to overcome it. Our O-line is bad, and our rushing averages only go up with Davin out of the game. He is way overrated, especially the last 3 or so seasons. He's not even close to dominant these days. I'm pretty sure we're gonna make a strong push to keep him though, so hopefully our new O-line coach with his man blocking scheme will be a better fit for Davin.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#23 : May 04, 2011, 10:39:31 PM

Without the Big guys up front Blount does nothing on the field. When healthy davin is a dominant G in the NFL.

Yep.  This is one of the best OL's the team has ever had.   That's why after 2 years, Dominik really hasn't addressed the OL at all in the draft.   There's no need to fix the best part of the team.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 04, 2011, 10:58:42 PM

Actually, he fell on top of the guy he was blocking. It's called a "pancake." Your evaluation skills suck.

Actually, you suck buddy. He fell on his face and missed everyone. Get some new glasses old man.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : May 04, 2011, 11:03:14 PM

They shouldn't use sound bits of Blount talking until he can learn to speak English.

flash_kiley

Second String

#26 : May 04, 2011, 11:16:01 PM

I'm having trouble seeing Blount as overrated. Not saying I'm not wrong but it's tough to see.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 04, 2011, 11:51:56 PM

Davin is mostly a waste of space. His inline blocking is pitiful, his pass blocking is worse. He does one thing well - hit guys on the move either pulling or at the second level. There's a reason no one noticed when he was out of the lineup.

Davin is good....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 05, 2011, 12:48:26 AM

Davin is mostly a waste of space. His inline blocking is pitiful, his pass blocking is worse. He does one thing well - hit guys on the move either pulling or at the second level. There's a reason no one noticed when he was out of the lineup.

Davin is good....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sounds like his best position is blocking TE in jumbo sets

awitron

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 05, 2011, 12:49:58 AM

When Derek Hardman outplays you, then you are not worth re-signing. Let some other team overpay him, he is not worth keeping around.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin Joseph is pretty damn good « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools