Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul: Why do we need federal laws to protect us from drugs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: May 06, 2011, 06:27:06 PM

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : May 06, 2011, 07:49:00 PM

He's a loon/whackjob. People wonder why he has a big "youth" following. He boasted today on Fox News about collecting $1 mil In campaign donations in one night - probably after questioning why heroin is illegal during his debate last night.
: May 06, 2011, 07:51:40 PM morgan

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 06, 2011, 07:59:47 PM

typical that you don't understand his position.  It should be up to the states to decide.  that's all he's really saying.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 06, 2011, 08:13:04 PM

He's a loon/whackjob.
c
he isn't Palin or Buchanan.  he's probably the most constitutionally principled politician you will ever see in your lifetime and one of the most intelligent. if you are happy with the direction this country has been going in then by all means stay the coarse and pass him off as a WHACKJOB.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 06, 2011, 08:27:56 PM

typical that you don't understand his position.  It should be up to the states to decide.  that's all he's really saying.

Wrong. Heard his interview several hrs ago. He question why heroin and other drugs are illegal - them cited that our prisons are overflowing with inmates convicted and families are therefore disrupted due to the prison time. I'm sure he has a ton of other equally whacked ideas.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 06, 2011, 08:31:45 PM

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul_Drugs.htm

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 06, 2011, 08:53:25 PM

He's a loon/whackjob. People wonder why he has a big "youth" following. He boasted today on Fox News about collecting $1 mil In campaign donations in one night - probably after questioning why heroin is illegal during his debate last night.

He's making three points that obviously went over your head...
1. It should be the states that decide what is legal and we dont need the government to hold our hands and control us.
2. We shouldnt have laws that dictate these things. Because the next law will try to control what we eat or drink.
3. He's mocking the war on drugs.

He's right. There are liberals that want extra taxes placed on foods that are high in sugar or fat. The left-wing is constantly attacking fast-food. It's just one tax after another with these people. They never want to cut the government. Liberals ALWAYS want to take more of YOUR money and then expand their power and control over YOUR life.

And I agree with him 100% on the drugs and prostitution. We won't stop prostitution. It's the oldest profession in human civilization. It will always be around no matter what you do. And putting people in jail for those offenses are a waste of time. They will get out and repeat. The United States has by far the largest prison population in the entire world. We are spending billions of dollars on a system that is not reforming anybody.

Why do you give a damn what two CONSENTING ADULTS are doing in the privacy of their bedrooms? Why is it the government's business?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 06, 2011, 08:55:39 PM

and if you actually read that link you would see his issues on federal drug laws are 1)state rights and 2)that they don't work.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : May 06, 2011, 09:23:27 PM

All drugs should be legal and taxed.   The same with prostitution.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 06, 2011, 09:36:19 PM

and if you actually read that link you would see his issues on federal drug laws are 1)state rights and 2)that they don't work.

That part's not even debatable, it's just a simple fact.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 06, 2011, 09:38:19 PM

From time to time we agree - this is one of those times Illuminator

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 06, 2011, 09:50:19 PM

I agree 100% with RP. I'm surprised he made the analogy to religion and spiritual practices. But he's right.

If I had to vote today, I'd vote for RP, again. Cain is also an interesting guy. Can we get free pizza if we vote for him?

This thread started off good but then Cyber had to devolve it into a "Liberals are bad!" crap that he loves to spout off about so much. Get a clue. And don't try to defend your words. I'm going to ignore that kind of stuff from now on. Waste of time with you.

If heroin is legalized, I know what I'm doing tomorrow night!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 06, 2011, 09:56:57 PM

Very well then, federal drug laws do work - they perpetuate the penal-industrial complex and allow politicians to pander to the baser instincts of a vindictive and frustrated voter base.

Which is precisely what they were designed to do.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 06, 2011, 10:13:21 PM

Federal drug laws are useless because they wont do what is neccessary to win the war on drugs. Our southern border is being controlled by drug cartels. And the federal government pretends there is no problem because both parties are terrified of the illegal immigration problem which ties into it.

If you want to fight and win the war on drugs, THAT is where it needs to be fought. Not just in the 'hoods. You have to attack from where the flow starts. And that's Mexico.
: May 06, 2011, 10:15:00 PM cyberdude558

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 06, 2011, 10:19:54 PM

I agree 100% with RP. I'm surprised he made the analogy to religion and spiritual practices. But he's right.

If I had to vote today, I'd vote for RP, again. Cain is also an interesting guy. Can we get free pizza if we vote for him?

This thread started off good but then Cyber had to devolve it into a "Liberals are bad!" crap that he loves to spout off about so much. Get a clue. And don't try to defend your words. I'm going to ignore that kind of stuff from now on. Waste of time with you.

If heroin is legalized, I know what I'm doing tomorrow night!

Joe, tell me which liberals in congress want less government... name one. They are all Obama yes-men.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul: Why do we need federal laws to protect us from drugs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools