Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul: Why do we need federal laws to protect us from drugs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 07, 2011, 12:33:00 PM

Because some of the consenting Adults aren't Adults...They affect the moral fiber of their own families. Prostitution now is equated with drug abuse and self destruction and we have to pick up the pieces as the taxpayer. Who will stop diseases that come with it as well as a high crime associate with drugs and assaults and thefts. The taxpayer of course!!! But I am not going to stop asking for those who throw their life in the gutter to pay for their fair share of helping offset the cost of them wanting to "play around" at the cost of me helping cover the police, health and welfare of others around who they don't give a rats ... about.  Most only care about the prostitute and how they can play god with only certain facts about prostitution these days and not the residual affects. Grow up and quit trying to be a little god....see a bigger picture...JMVHO...OBD

Here in Nevada, where prostitution is legalized in certain counties, there is little disease transmission because these places are regulated and monitored. Condoms
are mandatory.

On the other hand, when a man or woman cheats on their spouse or partner, may times, they do not use protection and disease is spread. You want to make that kind of behavior illegal?

US has the toughest anti-drug laws and the highest use of illegal substances.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/01/health/webmd/main4222322.shtml
You left out the most Lawyers in the world also...OBD

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 07, 2011, 12:54:41 PM

Id love to see ron Paul in office

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 07, 2011, 04:33:41 PM

Joe, tell me which liberals in congress want less government... name one. They are all Obama yes-men.

Tell me which Rs agree with what Ron Paul says about drugs, gay marriage. non-intervention, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, Opposition of TSA and DHS, abolishing the IRS and federal reserve, etc...

Rs will spend just as much as Ds but maybe they'll spend it in different areas.

There are very few of our representatives who truly want less government.

I didnt say the R's are good. But I think a lot of R voters are finally starting to see the big picture as far as freedom and wanting smaller government. The D's are still in the complete opposite direction and think more and more government is the answer to all our problems.

Thats because they don't hold the executive office period.  Its all just bull**CENSORED** to make you think they care about that stuff, until they hold the executive office and then its business as usual.  They act like they care about small govt and spending for no other reason than to set themselves up as an opposition party, so they get the votes of the frustrated.  Then they do the same thing when they get in office.
thats true about most politicians but not Ron Paul.  He's been in congress a long time and simply does not waiver from his principles.  They call him Dr. No.

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#33 : May 07, 2011, 05:44:47 PM

This Country is a joke in regards to the war on drugs. I dont do drugs nor do I plan on doing so(except for whenever Mary Jane gets legalized), but really, so much for being a free country when you are not allowed to put what ever you want into your body. Who should they be the ones to say whats right or wrong. Besides, the government is the one bringing the drugs in, thats a fact, not a "conspiracy". Its true that the government hates competition, thats why there are murders getting twenty years, while many drug dealers get life in prison. What a joke!!!! I mean, what was the Constitution and Bill of Rights made of? Marijuana! Thats why they hate it so much. Not to mention its proven curative qualities, espescially its anti tumor effect in cancer studys, one of which was conducted by none other then Harvard U. But since the Cancer treatment industry consisting of toxic treatments of Chemo, Radiation and surgery is a Multi Billion dollar industry, in which each cancer patient brings in between 400-750k in treatment cost, do you really think they want to cure cancer? Hell no! plus, its all about eugenics and population control considering millions of people die a year from the disease. So what do they do? They make the actual cure illegal such as Cannabis. Hemp, which is the male form of Marijuana is even illegal to grow in the U.S. OF course we are the only the country in the world in which it is illegal to grow hemp. Free country? HAHA!!!  Congressman Paul has brought forth numerous legislation that would legalize the growth of industrial hemp in the U.S. with no luck. Costa Rica is looking really good by now. 

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : May 07, 2011, 06:53:51 PM

They affect the moral fiber of their own families. Prostitution now is equated with drug abuse and self destruction and we have to pick up the pieces as the taxpayer.

Drugs don't cause people to self-destruct. People who are self destructing choose to do drugs. Can you understand the difference?

Who will stop diseases that come with it as well as a high crime associate with drugs and assaults and thefts. The taxpayer of course!!!

Who is currently paying the billions in law enforcement, prison, and court costs, for the sole purpose of making an extremely expensive yet totally ineffective moral statement? Have you really thought your position through at all?

But I am not going to stop asking for those who throw their life in the gutter to pay for their fair share of helping offset the cost of them wanting to "play around" at the cost of me helping cover the police, health and welfare of others around who they don't give a rats ... about.

They're not "playing around," they're trying to escape their own inner turmoil. Offering them more effective alternatives to achieve that would be cheaper than incarceration, but there are two types of people standing in the way of that solution - those who are more interested in punishment than rehabilitation, and those who are just too short-sighted to grasp the bigger picture. Not coincidentally, there's a large overlap between the two groups.

Grow up and quit trying to be a little god....see a bigger picture...JMVHO...OBD

Perhaps trying on your own advice might be in order here.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 07, 2011, 07:05:29 PM

Hemp, which is the male form of Marijuana

You might want to avoid making such ill-informed statements if you want your side of the debate to be taken seriously.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#36 : May 07, 2011, 07:40:15 PM

You might want to avoid making such ill-informed statements if you want your side of the debate to be taken seriously.

What the hell are you talking about? What was so "ill-informed" about that statement? Do tell!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 07, 2011, 07:46:31 PM

While I partly agree with RP, I do differ on some points.

1. Some Federal Laws are necessary if the majority of States choose to keep some drugs illegal- States are not capable or Constitutionally allowed to stop illegal drugs from crossing international borders. So there does need to be laws restricting Importation. But Federal Laws on possession or distribution (unless it crosses state lines) should be struck. The ATF, FBI, DEA, Secret Service, etc. should concentrate SOLELY on sealing the borders.

2. Illegal "legal" drugs do create a gray area for prosecution. The FDA is charged with regulating prescription drugs, but if legally manufactured drugs are illegally sold, who has the jurisdiction-the states or the Feds?

3. I don't know why prostitution was even brought up? There are no Federal laws on prostitution and no Federal law effort regarding it.

Not sure why I bother with this, since I know the answer but

Agree, OBD. I can't see how Ron Paul's ideas to legalize heroin, cocaine, and the currently illegal drugs will make our American society better.

Where in any of these links or anywhere else has Ron Paul said he wants to "legalize heroin, cocaine, and the currently illegal drugs"??

To my knowledge he has NEVER taken that position. His ONLY position is that FEDERAL laws regarding these drugs are unnecessary and violate the spirit of the Constitution.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 07, 2011, 07:52:15 PM

I believe it's pretty clearly stated in this link......

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/quote-of-the-gop-debate-rep-ron-paul-defends-heroin-as-an-exercise-of-liberty/

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 07, 2011, 07:57:55 PM

What the hell are you talking about? What was so "ill-informed" about that statement? Do tell!

Hemp is defined as any fibrous strain of the Cannabis genus. Sex is NOT a determinant. Some hemp plants can contain both male and female flowers, or mostly male or mostly female. It is the fiber content that is the determinant.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 07, 2011, 08:00:01 PM

I'm just curious if the other Republican candidates countered Paul's assertion that heroine and cocaine should be legalized. If not, can we expect this stance to be on the GOP's platform.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 07, 2011, 08:12:41 PM

I believe it's pretty clearly stated in this link......

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/quote-of-the-gop-debate-rep-ron-paul-defends-heroin-as-an-exercise-of-liberty/

No it is not.

First, that is a hacked up recap of the OP's video.
Second, Ron Paul NEVER states he wants to legalize anything.
Third he clearly states, "I never used those words, you put those words someplace..."
Forth the first question asked is "you say...heroin, marijuana, cocaine should be legal IF THE STATES WANT TO PERMIT IT" RP did NOT say that, the moderator did, and RP then addressed FEDERAL ENFORCEMENT of drug laws.

Now try again and show me ANY QUOTE from RP where he says he wants to "legalize" drugs.

And because I know this stuff often goes FAR over your head, let me help you. "Legalize" does not mean "decriminalize" and "legalize" would mean striking down all state and local laws.

So once again, where is one single quote where RP says he wants to "legalize" drugs.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 07, 2011, 08:21:16 PM

Some hemp plants can contain both male and female flowers, or mostly male or mostly female.

Any female cannabis plant can produce male flowers and pollen when placed under sufficient stress. However, they are still the same genetically and all of the seeds produced from flowers pollinated by this stress-induced pollen will all be female.

You're welcome.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 07, 2011, 08:35:23 PM

The same people demanding that the gov't has no right to interfere in personal choices (ie drug use) are adamant about not allowing women the personal freedom/choice to terminate their own pregnancy. Can't have it both ways.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 07, 2011, 08:38:52 PM

The same people demanding that the gov't has no right to interfere in personal choices (ie drug use) are adamant about not allowing women the personal freedom/choice to terminate their own pregnancy. Can't have it both ways.

Really? 'Cause it sounds a lot more like sypoya.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul: Why do we need federal laws to protect us from drugs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools