Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs have a Dominating Run Game? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#15 : May 08, 2011, 01:16:00 AM

I think we will have a very balanced attack which will make our rushing offense very good.  We can show an opposing D a lot of looks especially with the addition of Stocker.  The OL is not dominating.  Penn's run blocking improved dramatically last year and Joseph has the ability to be a beast.  I thought Zuttah did a better job than Faine and Larson seemed to be a good technician.  Lee was serviceable.  The one guy nobody mentions much is Brandon Carter.  I think he is a very physical run blocker from what I remember of him in college.  I expect him to push Larson for the starting LG position.  A decent FA pick up might be Deuce Lutui because he is a bit of a mauler, but do not think he is the best at pass coverage.  I think it will be interesting to see how the line shakes out if there is a TC.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 08, 2011, 01:28:58 AM

Im confused... we finished 8th in the league rushing, with no productivity coming in the first quarter of the season. Is 8th not good enuff? Where we do need to improve is at the goal line. We have to be able to punch it in and to me, thats as much the fault of Blount as it was the o-line.

Now if we're talkin pass protection, thats a totally different story.

I totally agree with this assessment., but I will go further with it. It is not only goal line situations that needs to improve, short yardage situations killed the Bucs last season. There seemed to be no sense of urgency, and as Hate eluded too it wasn't only the offensive line's fault but the backs as well. Whether it is playing with a sense of urgency, better fundamentals or just becoming nastier  the entire offense needs to improve it's short yardage game.

flash_kiley

Second String

#17 : May 08, 2011, 02:23:42 AM

Gotta be top 5 and be able to pick up those short yardage situations to be dominant.

Bradford should help with the short yardage stuff. As long as Faine is leading the charge though, I don't see our O-line dominating anyone.

Thank you. Faine is killing us. I don't know if he can handle linebackers anymore, much less defensive tackles. I think we should have Zuttah and Ted Larsen ( he was drafted as a center) compete for the job. Resign Davin Joseph, or sign Duece Lutui(or both). If we only get one, plug the loser of the Zuttah/Larsen battle in there. Let's go Bucs!

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 08, 2011, 06:33:50 AM

Let me get out my magic eight ball. Shake well. And the answer is. Ask again later. 

Seriously, way to early to tell.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 08, 2011, 06:36:18 AM

We drafted one RB and two TEs with Dominik talking about replacing players who likely will be gone. It appears that he was confident in the talent that will be available from tackle to tackle, and the abilities of our coaches. Confidence is a good sign, but the lockout really screws things up. Veteran OLs will have an advantage early in the season. We have a mix of veteran players and virtual rookies, and we don't really know who our starters will be. That said, it's hard to predict how well they will perform in September but, given how well they adapted to change last season, you have to believe they will do well after September. If Blount had started from week #1, he likely would have had a 1,400 yard season. It's reasonable to assume he would at least that well in his second year except for the addition of Bradford. The team total will surely be higher. Defenses still have to focus on stopping Freeman, so they are faced with a dilemma.

So the ground attack can't be dominating, but it can be effective, along with the passing attack. I know Buc fans are not used to it, but this team has balance within the offense AND as an overall team. We'll have a top ten offense and a top ten Defense in the very near future.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 08, 2011, 09:28:42 AM

i dont think our OL is dominant, but our RB was. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 08, 2011, 12:41:54 PM

I would like to see a free agent center brought in.  Faine aint all that, and is injured half the time anyway. I like Zuttah and I don't know who is available on the free agent market .

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 08, 2011, 01:05:12 PM

bring in a FA G and slide larsen to center.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 08, 2011, 01:10:43 PM

I was just reading Ryan Kalil may be a free agent.  Only 25 too.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 08, 2011, 02:22:42 PM

Im confused... we finished 8th in the league rushing, with no productivity coming in the first quarter of the season. Is 8th not good enuff? Where we do need to improve is at the goal line. We have to be able to punch it in and to me, thats as much the fault of Blount as it was the o-line.

right....and with bradford we just might wear down defenses especially in the 4th when we have the lead.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 08, 2011, 02:29:22 PM

Kalil was franchised!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 08, 2011, 05:49:40 PM

Kalil was franchised!

Right on, thanks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 08, 2011, 10:09:30 PM

A big reason was because Freeman had 364 yards, most of which were not on called runs. If Freeman only had 122 yards rushing like Matt Ryan, which is still pretty good for a passing quarterback, the Bucs would have finished #17 in rushing yards.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 08, 2011, 10:11:32 PM

And if Blount was toting the pill from day 1, we end up higher.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs have a Dominating Run Game? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools