Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Foster will start out at MLB!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 07, 2011, 12:59:52 PM

seriously, the only real play he made all year was that forced fumble later on in the saints game...BOOT HIS ASS!
: May 07, 2011, 01:02:24 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#16 : May 07, 2011, 01:05:41 PM

I'm definitely with Ruud being replaced, but I think McKenzie is going to take the MLB spot leaving Foster to take Geno's spot, which solves both problems.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 07, 2011, 01:10:18 PM

I'm definitely with Ruud being replaced, but I think McKenzie is going to take the MLB spot leaving Foster to take Geno's spot, which solves both problems.

Is that what you want? Cause I really don't see that happening.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 07, 2011, 01:12:50 PM

http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-report-mason-foster

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 07, 2011, 01:15:24 PM

McKenzie was able to absorb the playbook last season and is known for being a cerebral player with some thump in his game...sounds alot like what Morris has been talking about when it comes to his MLB preference.  By putting Foster at MLB, your basically relegating McKenzie to be a backup and only solving one problem with the LB'er position.  Why not place McKenzie at MLB, where he is already ahead of Foster, and use Foster at WLB?  You would get better value out of that set up than having Foster at MLB and allow Geno to due his Sabby impersonations all over the field.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 07, 2011, 01:17:29 PM

Your not going to see Hayes get replaced.. maybe down the road but Hayes will be one of the starters at the begining of the season like it or not.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#21 : May 07, 2011, 01:21:05 PM

Why not??? Morris has been praising Ruud far more than Hayes this offseason.  Hayes was terrible, far worse than anyone else, including Ruud.  But Ruud sucks, so what do we do...Replace them both with the best options, McKenzie and Foster.

Your not going to see Hayes get replaced.. maybe down the road but Hayes will be one of the starters at the begining of the season like it or not.
Is that what you want? Cuz I really dont see that happening

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 07, 2011, 01:21:52 PM

There are so many elements which go into how the LBers will line up that go beyond ability....contracts for Black and Ruud...how long the lockout goes....for instance....that declaring who's going to play where is really premature.

Hayes is a likely starter mainly because he's under contract and I really doubt the Bucs line up at the start of the season with something like Watson, McKenzie and Foster.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 07, 2011, 01:24:39 PM

Why not??? Morris has been praising Ruud far more than Hayes this offseason.  Hayes was terrible, far worse than anyone else, including Ruud.  But Ruud sucks, so what do we do...Replace them both with the best options, McKenzie and Foster.

Is that what you want? Cuz I really dont see that happening

Its not what I want. It is just the reality of what is going to happen. I STRONGLY disagree Hayes was our worse LB.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#24 : May 07, 2011, 01:25:51 PM

I think we'll keep Black at Sam.  Morris really likes him for some reason.  My best setup would be Foster@WLB McKenzie @MLB and Black@ SSLB

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 07, 2011, 01:30:10 PM

All around are linebackers were pretty bad last year but having quality DEs should help them especially the linebackers on the outside.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 07, 2011, 01:34:35 PM

I hope they dont put foster and mckenzie at the same spot.   If indeed foster is at mlb...

wlb - mckenzie vs hayes
mlb - foster vs hayward vs ?
Slb - watson vs hayward vs ?

all depending on what 6th LB we sign.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#27 : May 07, 2011, 01:37:16 PM

The more highlight tape I watch of Foster, the more I see him as a MLB too. But for us I really do think it'd be cool to have a tackling machine like him at WLB....I guess maybe that isn't in the cards.

I personally would want to see:
Foster at WLB
Black at MLB
Watson at SLB.
But i've never ever heard Morris mention Black as a possibility at MLB so probably just wishful thinking. He has taken the same route as pre-starting MLB Quarles thus far in his career, from athletic special teamer to solid SLB in our scheme for a few years. It'd be nice to have our biggest, most athletic, and most physical LB at MLB....but then again we have no idea if he can call the defense or anything like that.

As for Ruud vs. Hayes....Ruud was absolutely terrible last year. The guy was bad in coverage(which is one of his strengths usually), got dragged, run through, or run over pretty much every game...and didn't have the splash plays to somewhat make up for it like Hayes did. Hayes is obviously an inconsistent guy himself, but I have a really hard time saying he was worse than Ruud last year. But they should both be replaced or at least given some real competition because neither were starting-caliber IMO.
: May 07, 2011, 01:40:59 PM Condor Bastadon

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 07, 2011, 01:41:14 PM

I think we'll keep Black at Sam.  Morris really likes him for some reason.  My best setup would be Foster@WLB McKenzie @MLB and Black@ SSLB

Black is probably going to receive a decent offer elsewhere. I think there's more of a chance Ruud is left with less options and excepts a one or two year deal with the Bucs. From the Bucs standpoint....I think they might feel it gives them some stability until the young guys are ready to take over.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 07, 2011, 02:24:56 PM

Is Ruud hungry? You know, the "hunger" to win and become something special maybe? I think we all know the answer to that. He's hungry alright, but it not to win games. In case everyone hasn't noticed, Dom and Rah seem to cuddle up to players with a fire under their belly. That thinking is far-far away from Ruud now. It's all about staying healthy/wealthy until retirement.

They have cut the likes of Brooks. They'll toss out a Ruud without a second thought.

He was once, quoted as saying he didn't like contact. Well if you watch that vid above enough, you'll see exactly why(good vid btw, ty). I may pick on him, but it's not really his play, as much as it is WHERE he is. In coverage, I happen to think he's better than most MLBers. But that's all he's got going for him at the moment. He needs to get bigger and stronger (more weight for push) but the irony is, his coverage skills would diminish and he would lose the only skill he truly had in a T2 defense (which he's used to).

With that said, I don't think we crown Foster's arse just yet. If anything, Dom might (use term lightly) franchise tag Ruud if he's not 100% sure about Fosters skills or skillsets. But with the way Dom does business, the second Rah says he can go, he's gone. They've went though rookie growing pains before with more important positions. I'm more than sure they would take that risk if they felt they needed to.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Foster will start out at MLB!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools