Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JoeBucsFan hits the nail on the head... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 08, 2011, 05:28:08 PM

JBF didn't get trucked by Arron Rodgers either just sayin...

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 08, 2011, 05:33:26 PM

In 2008 the team let Brooks go and Fired Gruden. It was the end of an era. At that point we were left with next to nothing talent wise. We handed the jobs to Hayes and Black and kept Ruud in the middle because it was our only option. Two years later we have a completely new exciting offense, an all new D-line, and several new additions in our secondary. It is amazing how fast this team has went from no talent to one of the most exciting young teams in the NFL...but you can't do everything at once. Our Linebackers are still here because we revamped the offense and D-line first. We started to revamp the LB corps too with the Watson pick last year and Foster this year. Hopefully we will continue the revamp by signing a few undrafted LBs.....but either way, don't get it twisted, Hayes/Ruud/Black are average at best and Raheem is not content. We will continue to rebuild this team and the linebackers are next. It could be this year in undrafted free agents as well as veteran free agents, or it could be next year in a draft heavy with top tier linebacker prospects....but it will happen. Those fans trying to make a case for Hayes or Black or Ruud have forgotten what it's like to have hardcore LBs like Brooks, Quarles, and Nickerson. They have become complacent and except these current mediocre back ups as starter quality. They will soon see there error of their ways. 

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : May 08, 2011, 05:36:09 PM

JBF is even worse than Ruud. Just sayin......that site has been banned on my computer! lol

2nd

Both of you just read, and responded to, an article from JoeBucsFan on your computer. You two should get together and form a brain trust.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 08, 2011, 05:42:11 PM

Joe hitting the nail on the head would be a first.  His Talib coverage is a good example.  He was flat out wrong early on about some of the legal matters, and DID issue an apology.  But C'mon man, why throw that crap out there at all.   He used to post here a while back as "McCaddy" or something like that, until Biggs busted him for being JBF.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 08, 2011, 05:55:05 PM

In 2008 the team let Brooks go and Fired Gruden. It was the end of an era. At that point we were left with next to nothing talent wise. We handed the jobs to Hayes and Black and kept Ruud in the middle because it was our only option. Two years later we have a completely new exciting offense, an all new D-line, and several new additions in our secondary. It is amazing how fast this team has went from no talent to one of the most exciting young teams in the NFL...but you can't do everything at once. Our Linebackers are still here because we revamped the offense and D-line first. We started to revamp the LB corps too with the Watson pick last year and Foster this year. Hopefully we will continue the revamp by signing a few undrafted LBs.....but either way, don't get it twisted, Hayes/Ruud/Black are average at best and Raheem is not content. We will continue to rebuild this team and the linebackers are next. It could be this year in undrafted free agents as well as veteran free agents, or it could be next year in a draft heavy with top tier linebacker prospects....but it will happen. Those fans trying to make a case for Hayes or Black or Ruud have forgotten what it's like to have hardcore LBs like Brooks, Quarles, and Nickerson. They have become complacent and except these current mediocre back ups as starter quality. They will soon see there error of their ways.

This sums up my position as well. 

Ruud, Black, and Hayes are not bad draft selections, because given the previous regime was very average with the draft, they were all decent hauls, especially a late rounder like Hayes.  But average is not good enough for the long term, and are only in place until they can be replaced.    I find it difficult to gather the energy necessary to make a case for any three of these LB's as long term starters.  But I have defended all three as current starters, and for their strengths that they bring to the team in the short term.  I will take the time to explain why each of these three LB's probably are not viewed as long term starters for this defensive scheme:

Ruud naturally  flows to the ball, if not disturbed, and is able to cover the pipe (middle of the field) with ease.  But he is easily exploited by WR's running crosses into his area, and TE's that run outs, as he can't keep up in m2m coverage.  Scheming a WR to be matched up against Ruud is understandable, but watching TE's outrun Ruud is not really because of scheme design.  Inability to shed blocks is the other problem with Ruud because he refuses to use his hands, or work more on upper body strength, which would take an off season to do if he showed the desire to improve. 

A T2 Mike traditionally is not used as a safety valve, but Morris must scheme around Ruud's strength, and that as another safety on the field.  The problem is, Tampa 2 mikes, surprise, are just like other 4-3 mikes and they must at times FILL either A gap.  Ruud not being able to fight blocks, I can forgive, but the inability to fill an A gap with aggressive down hill demeanor is unacceptable.  This is why I vehemently object to anyone that compares Ruud to Quarles.  Quarles despite weighing less than Ruud, filled his gap aggressively.  It was his aggressive display at SAM that prompted the team to experiment with him as the MIKE the following year.  We have seen glimpses of other LB's attacking down hill no problem, like Hayward, and McKenzie (That what he was known for at USF) with limited playing time last year for the Bucs.

Black, is athletic, and will make some flash plays, but he isn't consistent enough to be a SAM LB, and for a 3rd round pick you expect more out of him.  I do wonder if he has been played out of position all these years, and may have been better served as a MIKE or WILL.  But this inconsistency would be magnified if he played the other two spots.  He is the best coverage LB of the three LB's I am discussing, but if you can't play the run, most coaches will not bother putting you on the field all that much.

Hayes is also inconsistent, but he is the youngest of the three.  With that said, I think if he becomes more consistent he could be serviceable as a WILL.  But I have seen enough from Hayes to suggest he doesn't have the coverage ability to be a long term starter at WILL.

Now, this is hard to believe giving how high the Bucs pass defense finished, and how many turnovers generated, despite a minimal pass rush presence.  But the secondary was feasting while the LB's were pretty much very mediocre last year collectively.   What was considered a strength was actually the weakest unit arguably in 2010. 

I think the Bucs can find LB's that are more consistent, but still aggressive, and feast on INT chances.  But that can't happen if they settle for mediocrity, which I am glad to see the team isn't done turning over every stone they can find. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 08, 2011, 05:59:44 PM

Not directing this at anyone in particular.   But people still defend Ruud?   If he goes on the market, I really don't see a mad rush to sign him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 08, 2011, 06:02:15 PM

JBF is even worse than Ruud. Just sayin......that site has been banned on my computer! lol

2nd

Both of you just read, and responded to, an article from JoeBucsFan on your computer. You two should get together and form a brain trust.

See that's where you're wrong, oh brilliant one. I didn't read the article at all. Stick to sniffing Java.
: May 08, 2011, 06:03:53 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jeanclaud

Starter

#22 : May 08, 2011, 06:02:31 PM

2nd

Illuminator, I know you get off on feeling smarter than everyone else and I honestly enjoy your posts at times. You're much more interesting than Java, for example.

But there's no reason to think they read that article. They weren't responding to the article at all. And they expressed their opinion about JBF's bush league site without going to it and giving him hits. Don't be mad.

edit: beaten

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 08, 2011, 06:09:16 PM

So, not reading the article but responding anyway is better, then? Well, I never knew.

Although I do kind of wonder how they knew the article was about Ruud, what with not having read it and all...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 08, 2011, 06:15:14 PM

Maybe they read CBW's take on the article.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 08, 2011, 06:18:50 PM

A T2 Mike traditionally is not used as a safety valve, but Morris must scheme around Ruud's strength, and that as another safety on the field.  The problem is, Tampa 2 mikes, surprise, are just like other 4-3 mikes and they must at times FILL either A gap.  Ruud not being able to fight blocks, I can forgive, but the inability to fill an A gap with aggressive down hill demeanor is unacceptable.  This is why I vehemently object to anyone that compares Ruud to Quarles.  Quarles despite weighing less than Ruud, filled his gap aggressively.  It was his aggressive display at SAM that prompted the team to experiment with him as the MIKE the following year.  We have seen glimpses of other LB's attacking down hill no problem, like Hayward, and McKenzie (That what he was known for at USF) with limited playing time last year for the Bucs.

Morris' scheme is not the Tampa 2, and he didn't scheme around Ruud, he schemed around our horrible defensive line. We don't play the 3-4 or the 3-3-5 because of Ruud. We don't blitz and play man more now because of Ruud either. We did it because outside of Gerald McCoy, our front four was atrocious. And the reason Ruud doesn't attack the A gap aggressively is because he is a two-gap defender in Morris' scheme. He doesn't attack any gap. He falls back.

If Hayward was better than Ruud, he would be starting over Ruud, and Ty McKenzie is a Ruud clone, for the most part. He's not a thumper.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 08, 2011, 06:22:29 PM

i had to go back and watch it again.  ruud actually did a good job evading the G.  but crowder had already tackled julius jones.  ruud didnt get lower, and he didnt stop jones from getting more yardage.  but luckily he did knock the ball out.

and it was far from textbook.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d6186d/Rudd-forces-a-fumble

Crowder had his ankles and Jones wasnt down. Ruud got lower....plain and simple. How else would you explain him getting under jones to knock the ball out? Jones was moving forward as Crowder only had him by the ankles and he could of easily stretched the ball out for a TD if it wasnt for Ruud. The only thing that wasnt textbook is he didnt wrap up the ball carrier....he was going for the big hit. Not sure you watched the same vid.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 08, 2011, 06:44:14 PM

Maybe they read CBW's take on the article.

That's certainly possible.

How do you see that sequence going? Perhaps something along the lines of:

"Hate" sees thread about JBF article.
Thinks to self "I'm not interested in any JBF article."
Opens thread about article he's not interested in.
Doesn't read article he's not interested in.
Does read summary of article he's not interested in, so he can know what the article he's not interested in is about, even though he's not interested in it.
Decides to post in thread about article he's not interested in, to make sure everyone knows that he's not interested.
Returns to thread about article he's not interested in to read other poster's comments about article he's not interested in.
Sees comments directed to him and responds.

Is that about how you see the whole thing happening?

Interesting...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 08, 2011, 06:47:48 PM

I think it's hilarious you are putting this much thought and effort into it.....stick to politics and religion over in the Cove. That seems to be your forte.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 08, 2011, 06:48:07 PM

As someone already mentioned, reading it here and clicking on the JBF link are 2 totally different things.   Hits my man, it's all about hits.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JoeBucsFan hits the nail on the head... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools