Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Islamophobia - Muslim Clerics Kicked Off U.S. flight « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : May 09, 2011, 01:03:43 PM

Muslims shouldn't be allowed to fly.   ever.

They need to assimilate to our culture or expect to run up against a few speed bumps along the way. We are afterall fighting Muslims in the war on terrorism AND the Muslims don't have the best track record as far as mass murdering of Americans is concerned.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 09, 2011, 01:12:02 PM

We're fighting extremist/fundamentalist Muslims who are a very small segment of the Muslim population. Big difference. Most people understand that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 09, 2011, 01:20:30 PM

BTW, Spartan, there are more instances of Muslims being kicked off flights than this one and the ones that occurred around 911.

Staying on the Islamophobia theme...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i_ZT3qLWlx4Fo7atuQg2kwk_ikkg?docId=fdf24043fe1342a687d1a2d3d2e293fd

Man says Ga. judge wouldn't allow Muslim headwear

ATLANTA (AP) A man said he was barred from a county courtroom on Thursday because he refused to remove his Muslim head covering, nearly two years after Georgia's judges voted to allow religious headwear in all state courtrooms.

Troy "Tariq" Montgomery said Henry County State Court Judge James Chafin blocked him from entering his courtroom three separate times to dispute a traffic ticket because he was wearing
a kufi, a traditional Muslim head covering. His attorney, Mawuli Mel Davis, said he would soon file a motion challenging the decision.

"I wasn't really upset about being rejected. I just didn't understand it," said Montgomery, a 46-year-old barber. "This country has afforded us freedoms so that we can practice our religion and I was trying to exercise those freedoms."

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 09, 2011, 02:47:08 PM

I hope they sue the **** out of Delta and the pilot gets fired. Pure ignorance on his part. No, idiocy is a better word.

Federal laws bar discrimination. That is the most important part of what I posted. A pilot or airline cannot throw anybody off a plane because of skin color, religion, etc. Morgan can't seem to grasp that. Well, he can't seem to grasp much lately so that's not a surprise

That is true (the discrimination part), but a person can refuse to fly with another person if they think the other person is going to try and kill them. If it is another passenger, fine, that passenger has the choice of staying on the flight or not. In the event the person objecting is the pilot it gets a bit tricky. Should the airline cancel the flight so that everyone is equally pissed off? Or do they try to do the best in circumstances and deal with the pilot afterwards? What I am saying here is I think the problem in this instance is the pilot not the airline. If the airline takes appropriate actions after the fact, and that may well include disciplinary actions, they cannot be held at fault. IMO of course.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 09, 2011, 03:04:10 PM

I agree it's the pilot who was the problem in this case.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 09, 2011, 03:45:29 PM

I don't equate this as discrimination in the same manner as African Americans being refused service at Dennys. It's gotta be done during our war against these people/Muslims.

Btw, what if several burka wearing women  boarded your plane? Doubt if anyone on the plane would want them on the plane.

You must also side with the FLA woman that wanted the DMV to take her drivers license pic with her burka on....,

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=69c_1217305657

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 09, 2011, 04:22:34 PM

I don't equate this as discrimination in the same manner as African Americans being refused service at Dennys. It's gotta be done during our war against these people/Muslims.

Btw, what if several burka wearing women  boarded your plane? Doubt if anyone on the plane would want them on the plane.

You must also side with the FLA woman that wanted the DMV to take her drivers license pic with her burka on....,

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=69c_1217305657

Been on the plane with men wearing Muslim garb. Not a big deal.

You may not equate it as the same thing as black people being refused service but the federal courts do. Discrimination is discrimination.

As far as the burqa? Kind of hard to give somebody an ID if they don't show their face.

Keep 'em coming, Morgan. You're providing some entertainment on this rainy Monday.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : May 09, 2011, 11:57:16 PM

I don't equate this as discrimination in the same manner as African Americans being refused service at Dennys

I seriously doubt that ever even happened.   Have you ever been to a Denny's?    It's like every African Amercian who lives within a 10 mile radius visit that place.   My parents live in an area where there are very few blacks (maybe 1 for every 1000 people living in the area), but if we go to Dennys, it's pretty much guaranteed that half the customers will be black.

What's more likely is they received bad service and acted like it was discrimination.   Hell, I get bad service every time I go in there, and I'm white.
: May 09, 2011, 11:58:57 PM JDog

JDog

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 10, 2011, 12:05:02 AM

Muslims shouldn't be allowed to fly.   ever.

They need to assimilate to our culture or expect to run up against a few speed bumps along the way. We are afterall fighting Muslims in the war on terrorism AND the Muslims don't have the best track record as far as mass murdering of Americans is concerned.

Although I don't think muslims should ever be allowed to fly anywhere, I do think they should make an exception for my muslim girlfriend.   We fly to Bali tomorrow then to Thailand the following week.    They can re-instate the ban against muslims after that.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 10, 2011, 10:35:00 AM

Do the idiots in this thread realize that the people who hijacked the planes weren't dressed in Islamic garb?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 10, 2011, 11:35:55 AM

Do the idiots in this thread realize that the people who hijacked the planes weren't dressed in Islamic garb?

They weren't.   

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 10, 2011, 11:46:26 AM

Well Joe? Answer the man's question.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 10, 2011, 12:38:02 PM

Talking about you idiot.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 10, 2011, 12:54:53 PM

Talking about you idiot.

LMAO! I thought that was obvious.

I think the hijackers wore robes underneath their clothing. ;)

spartan

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 10, 2011, 04:58:11 PM

Not to stir the pudding or anything, but .....

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/san_francisco&id=8122936

Man who rammed door of SFO-bound plane in court

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The man accused of trying to ram a **CENSORED**pit door with his shoulder on a San Francisco bound flight has made his first court appearance.

Rageh Al-Murisi has family from Vallejo and holds a Yemen passport. He's facing federal charges. Al-Murisi allegedly yelled "Allahu Akbar," meaning "god is great" as he ran to the **CENSORED**pit of American Airlines Flight 1561.

Prosecutors said that when Al-Murisi flew out of New York to catch the flight from Chicago to San Francisco Sunday night, he had no baggage. He told investigators he was coming to Vallejo to visit with relatives; they did not know he was coming. He had drivers' permits to two New York addresses, a New York driver's license and a California ID. He had two post-dated checks, one for $5,000 and another for $8,000.
A federal criminal complaint gives details of the in-flight violence on Flight 1561: "(Al-Murisi) lowered his left shoulder and rammed the **CENSORED**pit door -- (he) kept yelling and pushing forward -- several passengers responded and assisted in restraining Al-Murisi -- he repeatedly attempted to break free and return to the **CENSORED**pit door."

Prosecutors said he is in the U.S. legally, but his family is still in Yemen. He has no close ties in the U.S. except for cousins in Vallejo, where he once lived. Al-Murisi has the possibility of bail, but prosecutors said he is a threat to society and a flight risk.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Islamophobia - Muslim Clerics Kicked Off U.S. flight « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools