Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Islamophobia - Muslim Clerics Kicked Off U.S. flight « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #30 : May 10, 2011, 06:16:02 PM »

Not to stir the pudding or anything, but .....

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/san_francisco&id=8122936

Man who rammed door of SFO-bound plane in court

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The man accused of trying to ram a **CENSORED**pit door with his shoulder on a San Francisco bound flight has made his first court appearance.

Rageh Al-Murisi has family from Vallejo and holds a Yemen passport. He's facing federal charges. Al-Murisi allegedly yelled "Allahu Akbar," meaning "god is great" as he ran to the **CENSORED**pit of American Airlines Flight 1561.

Prosecutors said that when Al-Murisi flew out of New York to catch the flight from Chicago to San Francisco Sunday night, he had no baggage. He told investigators he was coming to Vallejo to visit with relatives; they did not know he was coming. He had drivers' permits to two New York addresses, a New York driver's license and a California ID. He had two post-dated checks, one for $5,000 and another for $8,000.
A federal criminal complaint gives details of the in-flight violence on Flight 1561: "(Al-Murisi) lowered his left shoulder and rammed the **CENSORED**pit door -- (he) kept yelling and pushing forward -- several passengers responded and assisted in restraining Al-Murisi -- he repeatedly attempted to break free and return to the **CENSORED**pit door."

Prosecutors said he is in the U.S. legally, but his family is still in Yemen. He has no close ties in the U.S. except for cousins in Vallejo, where he once lived. Al-Murisi has the possibility of bail, but prosecutors said he is a threat to society and a flight risk.

What pot is that article stirring?

Go Google "Man Arrested on Flight" and tell me how many were Muslim and how many were just "regular" folks. 99% of them are just crazy men.

Maybe we should keep everybody except kids and women from flying?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #31 : May 10, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The man accused of trying to ram a **CENSORED**pit door with his shoulder on a San Francisco bound flight has made his first court appearance.

Rageh Al-Murisi has family from Vallejo and holds a Yemen passport. He's facing federal charges. Al-Murisi allegedly yelled "Allahu Akbar," meaning "god is great" as he ran to the **CENSORED**pit of American Airlines Flight 1561.

Prosecutors said that when Al-Murisi flew out of New York to catch the flight from Chicago to San Francisco Sunday night, he had no baggage. He told investigators he was coming to Vallejo to visit with relatives; they did not know he was coming. He had drivers' permits to two New York addresses, a New York driver's license and a California ID. He had two post-dated checks, one for $5,000 and another for $8,000.
A federal criminal complaint gives details of the in-flight violence on Flight 1561: "(Al-Murisi) lowered his left shoulder and rammed the **CENSORED**pit door -- (he) kept yelling and pushing forward -- several passengers responded and assisted in restraining Al-Murisi -- he repeatedly attempted to break free and return to the **CENSORED**pit door."

Prosecutors said he is in the U.S. legally, but his family is still in Yemen. He has no close ties in the U.S. except for cousins in Vallejo, where he once lived. Al-Murisi has the possibility of bail, but prosecutors said he is a threat to society and a flight risk.

It's not stirring the pudding, in regards to this thread anyway, unless he's wearing Muslim garb ...

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #32 : May 10, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »

That's always the best way to pay your suicide bombers - with post-dated checks.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : May 10, 2011, 08:30:59 PM »

garb or not, these people are out to kill innocent Americans - many of which are oblivious to the problems of the world around them

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #34 : May 10, 2011, 08:36:08 PM »

garb or not, these people are out to kill innocent Americans - many of which are oblivious to the problems of the world around them

What do you mean, "these people?"

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #35 : May 10, 2011, 08:52:42 PM »

muslims that hate Americans and want to cut off their heads - who did you think?

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : May 10, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »

What pot is that article stirring?

Go Google "Man Arrested on Flight" and tell me how many were Muslim and how many were just "regular" folks. 99% of them are just crazy men.

Maybe we should keep everybody except kids and women from flying?

The 'some people don't like flying with Muslims' pudding?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #37 : May 10, 2011, 11:01:52 PM »

The safest airlines to fly are the muslim airlines like Etihad, Emirates, Qatar, Egypt Air, etc.   They never attack their own airlines.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #38 : May 10, 2011, 11:39:37 PM »

That's always the best way to pay your suicide bombers - with post-dated checks.

Apparently they've exhausted their supply of triple digit IQ jihadists ...

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #39 : May 11, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »

Quote from: Morgan
garb or not, these people are out to kill innocent Americans - many of which are oblivious to the problems of the world around them.

Quote from: Illuminator
What do you mean, "these people?"

muslims that hate Americans and want to cut off their heads - who did you think?

Yeah, you know... anyone with dark skin who could have ancestors from Africa, the Middle East, or Asia.   And no funny clothes... just cowboy hats and boots like us good Americans who was born here. 

I just didn't know you were one of us Morgan.  Yeeee haaaaw!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #40 : May 11, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »

Apparently they've exhausted their supply of triple digit IQ jihadists ...
that made me chuckle - thanks

you thinking that the suicide bomber trainer reached tenure do ya?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : May 11, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »

http://afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/11/madrassa-teaches-children-to-hate-u-s/

More future Muslim terrorists being trained every day, unfortunately.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #42 : May 11, 2011, 07:13:48 PM »

What's going on with Southwest Airlines? Surely with all the negative media coverage the airline's flight attendants should know better than to impose any kind of dress code -- not with the very real potential for lawsuits these days.

Then again, every time a Southwest employee has made a judgment call on a passenger's duds, the company gets loads of media attention. And all this attention means that Southwest is in the spotlight -- never mind why. This attention -- and the "specials" that have followed -- makes all this clothing-censor business mighty su**CENSORED**ious as far as I'm concerned.

First it was Kyla Ebbert and her teeny-tiny skirt (which appears to be conservative for her, based on her MySpace page photos). This time, the passenger, Joe Winiecki, was a male wearing a "sexually suggestive" t-shirt. Although Winiecki felt that the employee's request that he change his shirt or leave the plane was a violation of his First Amendment rights, he changed rather than risk missing a day of work. Naturally, a Southwest spokesperson said the employee made a mistake.

I wonder how Southwest will spin this latest incident into a fare special? Last time it was "mini" fares. I'm sure they can find some clever double-entendre in this case as well.

http://www.gadling.com/2007/10/05/southwest-airlines-imposes-dress-code-yet-again-passenger-order/

--------------------------------------------
It doesn’t take much to get thrown off an airplane these days, as Kyla Ebbert found out when a Southwest Airlines employee told her she was too bare for the air. Two months later, she’s still trying to figure out what was wrong with her outfit.

In an exclusive appearance Friday on TODAY, Ebbert modeled the outfit she says she wore on the flight in question. It consisted of a snug-fitting white top with a scoop neck that stopped just short of showing cleavage.

Over the shirt was a green sweater that buttoned underneath her bosom. It was finished with high-heeled sandals and a white denim mini-skirt with a fashionably frayed hem.

It was a lot more clothing than the 23-year-old college student wears on her job as a Hooters waitress. Her mother, Michele Ebbert, said she would have told her daughter if the outfit was inappropriate.

“But her outfit is fine, Michele Ebbert told TODAY co-host Matt Lauer. “She looks like every other college girl in San Diego.”

Not according to a Southwest employee identified only as “Keith,” who approached Ebbert after she had taken her seat on the plane and was listening to the flight attendants go through their pre-departure routine.

He asked her to step off of the plane and when they were in the jetway, he told her that her clothing was inappropriate and asked her to change her clothes.

“He told me, ‘I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to take a later flight. You’re dressed inappropriately. This is a family airline. You’re dressed too provocative to fly on this flight,’ ” she told Lauer.

“I said, ‘What part of it, the shirt, the skirt? Which part?’ “ Ebbert continued, recounting her conversation with Keith about her outfit. “And he said, ‘The whole thing.’“ I said, ‘I didn’t bring any luggage with me. I don’t have anything to change into. What can I do to make sure I can get onto that flight?’ I had a doctor’s appointment. I had to be there.”

“He said ‘You can go to the gift shop and you can buy something to wear there. Until then, you’re not flying on this flight,’ ” Ebbert said.

A compromise was finally reached when Ebbert promised to pull up her top, which wasn’t showing cleavage to begin with, and pull down her tiny skirt.

Ebbert went back onto the plane and to her seat, feeling that every eye on the plane was staring at her.

“I was humiliated. I was embarrassed. They all heard him lecturing me,” she said.

OK, to clarify: Clare Cushman knows the wedding dress she wore 20 years ago isn’t exactly like Kate Middleton’s. But take a quick glance at photos of the two dresses, and an uncanny similarity emerges.

She asked for a blanket, covered her legs, and cried quietly all the way to Tucson. When she got off the plane, she called her mother.

“She was just devastated,” Michele told Lauer. “She said, ‘Mom, I can’t believe what just happened to me.’ She was. She said ‘I didn’t want to make a scene. I didn’t want to draw attention. I just sat there crying.’ ”

When Michele saw a picture her daughter emailed from her cell phone, she couldn’t believe what had happened. She also thought to herself, “Oh, no. They don’t do this and get away with it.”

The San Diego Union-Tribune called Southwest Airlines and asked if the airline had a dress code. Could, for example, a woman board wearing a bikini top?

The newspaper on Tuesday quoted the Southwest agent it spoke with as saying, “We don't have a problem with it if she's covered up in all the right spots. We don't have a dress code.”

The Ebberts had not gone public with the story, which happened two months ago, asking only for an apology from the airline. But none was forthcoming.

In response to a TODAY Show query, the airline sent the following statement: "Southwest Airlines was responding to a concern about Ms. Ebbert's revealing attire on the flight that day.  As a compromise, we asked her to adjust her clothing to be less revealing, she complied, and she traveled as scheduled.  When a concern is brought to our Employees' attention, we address that situation directly with the Customer(s) involved in a discreet and professional manner.  Fortunately, as an airline that carries approximately 96 million Customers a year, these situations are extremely rare."

The Ebberts have engaged an attorney, Martin Reed, to help them decide what to do next.

Asked if he will file suit, Reed told Lauer, “We’ve not made that decision, yet. We’re considering all the facts and all the circumstances.”

“Initially, I just wanted an apology,” Kyla told Lauer. “At this point, just some acknowledgement that they were wrong. That would be better.”

What really tops the whole story off is that Ebbert wore the same outfit on the return flight to San Diego later that day. A female flight attendant also took note of it, according to Ebbert.

“I was complimented by the stewardess on my return flight,” she said.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20638479/ns/today-today_people/t/thrown-plane-outfit-deemed-too-skimpy/

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #43 : May 15, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »

Rosie O'Donnell is muslim????

Apparently morgan doesn't realize that is a pic of Rosie photoshopped onto Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

The REAL photo

« : May 15, 2011, 06:45:43 PM John Galt? »

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #44 : May 15, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »

That pilot is an idiot and Delta is in big trouble.

Why would Delta be in trouble??

Delta should get their ass handed to them in a lawsuit because this is totally uncalled for

Why exactly should Delta get their ass handed to them?? What did Delta do?

Delta has done this before and has had to pay out $$$. This time, the guys only want an apology. If it were me, I'd make them pay and keep paying until they stop doing crap like this. Granted, it was the pilot and not Delta but it needs to be stopped.

So you'd sue Delta? For what? How was Delta liable?

I hope they sue the **** out of Delta and the pilot gets fired.

Sure the pilot is wrong, but I don't get this need to sue an entirely different airline than the one the pilot worked for.

Quote from: original story that apparently neither of the above read
A Delta Air Lines spokesman said the flight was operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines, which is also based in Atlanta.

Jarek Beem, a spokesman for Atlantic Southeast, said the airline was investigating the incident. 'We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused,' he said.

The ONLY reason Delta was involved was because ASA was renting space at their gate and is a connecting carrier to Delta. ASA is a wholly owned subsidiary of SkyWest

Pure ignorance.... No, idiocy is a better word.

That is exactly how I feel about people that can't/don't read everything through and jump to stupid conclusions and scream "SUE THEM!!!" when it is not even the right them.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Islamophobia - Muslim Clerics Kicked Off U.S. flight « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools