Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers is "done"? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #15 : May 09, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »

We'll see.

Worst case scenario is he has to undergo microfracture surgery. Very good article on that procedure which has evolved since they first started doing it...

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/whos-afraid-of-microfracture-surgery

In N.B.A. circles, there might not be a more terrifying medical term than “microfracture surgery.”

There might not be a more ominous roster than Penny Hardaway, Terrell Brandon, Chris Webber, Jamal Mashburn, Allan Houston and Tracy McGrady — star players who went into rapid decline after the operation.

There might not be a procedure with a greater stigma attached to it. But it might be time for a reassessment.

Worst, worst case scenario is he has to retire and we go out and get a FA DE to help us get over the top and to the SB.

Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin,Amare Stoudemire, K2 and Marques Colston all had Microfracture surgery and recovered nicely.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2009/09colstoninjury.php

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #16 : May 09, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »

At least Dexter played a few downs.

I bet you 50 USD ($) That Da'Quan Bowers plays more defensive snaps in his Buccaneer career than the number of snaps Dexter played on offense.

P.M. to exchange PayPal details

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #17 : May 09, 2011, 03:09:55 PM »

its great when a (supposed) Bucs fan puts more credit into a southern california reporters words than the Bucs GM.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #18 : May 09, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »

He will be FINE! these reports are talking from the ass.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
« #19 : May 09, 2011, 03:11:57 PM »

QuoteDa'Quan Bowers - DL - Buccaneers
According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, there is legitimate concern around the NFL that Bucs No. 51 overall pick Da'Quan Bowers is "done."
Per the Union-Trib's Kevin Acee, "most teams" are concerned that Bowers' career is over before it began. Adds Acee, "there is a large number of people who have seen the medical report from when he was re-checked in April that believe he is done." The Bucs gambled a second-round pick on a few good years of Bowers, but microfracture surgery is considered inevitable.
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune May 9, 2:25 PM

Who cares about these "Most Teams" reports. The Buc's drafted him and until game time comes and he can't play then I will have no more concern about him then any of the guys coming off IR from last year. So we "Gambled" a 2nd round pick. Time will tell. Just like the Falcons "gambling" all those picks to move up for Julio Jones or the Saints "Gambling" pichs to move up for Ingram.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #20 : May 09, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »

See...this is why I did not like this pick. It was a waste. There is a reason a #1 pick falls to #51.

And this is why people think you're an idiot when it comes to commenting on the Bucs.

Yeah, and Bowers' career is over before it even started. Why? Because some reporter says there's legitimate concern.

LOL. You really crack me up.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #21 : May 09, 2011, 03:18:31 PM »

I bet you 50 USD ($) That Da'Quan Bowers plays more defensive snaps in his Buccaneer career than the number of snaps Dexter played on offense.

I'm in for $100.  Let's send the money to somebody on this board (Uncle Stan?) who we all trust. And then when we win the bet, they can send the money to us. Cyber, you in?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #22 : May 09, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »

Yoou trust The Saints, Falcons, Ravens, and Panthers then?...lol. Other teams over our own...what a joke. Cyber is once again the forum jerk.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #23 : May 09, 2011, 03:24:46 PM »

This is a lockout story.....nothing else, so they just repeat info already out there. All of this is old news and now that some reporter in Cali repeats info thats been cirling for weeks we should all take notice? All reports from the doctor that performed the surgery and the people at OBP have pretty much dismissed the microfracture surgery part. Its been reported as a miniscus injury and we are supposed to get worried now that some writer in SD decided to rehash what we already new because his journalism is so excellent he cant even report anything even close to original and has to jock off news that weeks old.

Next hell be telling us Cadi might not ever play again due to his platellar tear.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 09, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »

im curious as to why this was even posted to begin with? Hasnt this already been stated and discussed to death? Arent there vids and doctors reports of Bowers all over these boards from after the surgery?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #25 : May 09, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »

This has been discussed to death, meh.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #26 : May 09, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »

don't do it cyber, he welches on his bets.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #27 : May 09, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »

Sorry. I didn't know the Bucs doctors are so much better than the other 31 teams. Those teams all have clueless and incompetent medical staffs and the Bucs pulled a fast one over them all.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #28 : May 09, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »

James andrews Rehabed far worse and says bowers is A-ok. I trust him.

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #29 : May 09, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »

So Cyber believes a random two week late report out of San Diego over Dr. Andrews or our doctors. And he's still a fan......
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers is "done"? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools