Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Magee cited for marijuana « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #30 : May 10, 2011, 04:53:39 AM »

so you make an example out of the backups but do nothing to the starters that do the same thing?  That is not setting a proper example.

smove28

Starter

« #31 : May 10, 2011, 05:41:24 AM »

In the immortal words of Allen Iverson "We're talking about weed here, not cocaine....weed" Magee played like he had glaucoma so makes perfect sense lol

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #32 : May 10, 2011, 07:46:05 AM »

so you make an example out of the backups but do nothing to the starters that do the same thing?  That is not setting a proper example.

Nothing can be done with either play until the lockout is over. We've been over this many many many times. Talib will likely get cut, multiple offenses. Magee may not, as this is his 1st offense that i am aware of and surely doesn't rank near trying to shoot someone.

When the lockout is over i'm sure everyone will be dealt with swiftly.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chrisras

Starter

« #33 : May 10, 2011, 10:23:31 AM »

The county jail should be renamed One Buc Place. Unbelievable and unacceptable! Where did he get the stuff?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #34 : May 10, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »

The county jail should be renamed One Buc Place. Unbelievable and unacceptable! Where did he get the stuff?

Why? Are you trying to score a dime bag?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #35 : May 10, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »

When the team uses its first 2 draft picks on defensive linemen, might not be a good idea to go out and get arrested for anything, let alone something that will likely end up costing you your job. Just made that decision a lot easier.

chrisras

Starter

« #36 : May 10, 2011, 11:00:06 AM »

Why? Are you trying to score a dime bag?

I don't partake. It's important to find the root of this problem. It needs to be investigated.

chrisras

Starter

« #37 : May 10, 2011, 11:00:49 AM »

Was it a teamate that he got the stuff from? It happened after the draft so it's possible he got it from one of our draftees.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #38 : May 10, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »

Are you mentally challenged?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #39 : May 10, 2011, 12:13:19 PM »

Dam-it, don't get CAUGHT man...

On another note, don't understand the NFL MJ test.

IMO anything that IMPROVES play should be band. not a recreational drug.

...And yes, when LT hit the crackpipe it was a boost. So no one throw that one out there.

Shame guys like this get busted for pot (which stays in the system for 30 days) when guys could be doing cocaine (which last three days) all the time.

But I digress, it's not a crime if you don't get caught. However, with THAT kind of money at stake, it is pretty dumb to go out smoke & ride and get caught with the green. You're supposed to eat the evidence anyhow. This is just dumb. Most "thugs" aren't even that stupid. Honestly, if he's not dealing, and it was a small amount, why the heck didn't he eat it? I wonder if he had just a roach, or a "nickel" bag? I guess that might have made all the difference when he got stopped. Seeing how FL is a VERY anti-pot state, I can't believe they just let him go.

Must have been some damn good dro though. Hope it was worth it.

I think he was arrested and then released. ROR. He probably has a clean criminal record which would enable him to be released without posting bail for such a small crime. 

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

YReceiver14

Starter

« #40 : May 10, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »

People who smoke pot are thugs?

Millions and millions of thugs world-wide.

Besides Talib, I don't recall any of the other incidents being violent.

It doesn't matter.  It is a perception thing.

I don't smoke weed.  And I am not a pro athlete either.

These guys are friggin' idiots if they need to smoke so badly, that they are willing to piss away a **CENSORED**ton of jack.  Morons, thugs, whatever you want to call it, does it really matter?

And BTW, weed is illegal.  I have had more than one friend comment about the problems going on with the Bucs...

This is absolutely the issue.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Fourth-member-of-Bucs-organization-arrested-in-2-months.html
The long arm of the law has reached out and – what else – snagged a Tampa Bay Buccaneer.

The media is already making the entire team seem like it has character issues.  A reputation is a hard thing to shake off.

And FWIW, with every incident, it will be that much harder for management to keep Talib.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #41 : May 10, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »

Was it a teamate that he got the stuff from? It happened after the draft so it's possible he got it from one of our draftees.
I bet it was that Gator dude. I knew he was trouble the moment I heard him speak.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #42 : May 10, 2011, 08:11:37 PM »

LOL.

I don't even care that the dude was smoking some weed during the lock out. I'd probably do the same thing. What pisses me off is that he got caught. Gotta be smarter than that. WTF are you doing driving around with tags that expired 6 months ago and weed in the car? Dumbass.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #43 : May 10, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »

We're really making a case against appearing on Hard Knocks

I'd say it's more like we're making a case for it. They want as much drama as possible.

Young team, inexperienced coach, and signs of character problems. The absolute last distraction this teams needs is a television crew.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chrisras

Starter

« #44 : May 11, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »

I agree with Illuminator. We should say thanks but no thanks to Hard Knocks.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Magee cited for marijuana « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools