Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to take the training wheels off #5 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#15 : May 11, 2011, 11:12:57 PM

Being conservative with Free is just as much, if not even more, on Rah than on Olson. Rah was the one talking about how we're gonna win with defense and all of this silliness when we all knew that we couldn't stop anybody.

As for Freeman....he started off a bunch of games very slowly. Olson clearly had some deep throws dialed up early in pretty much every game, and they rarely connected. I don't know whose fault that is....oftentimes it just seemed like Free couldn't really string enough decent passes together(along with our horrid run game) to get a drive going until we actually HAD to move the ball and get some points. Thankfully at the end of the season, that was less of an issue. Hopefully we're past that stage

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 11, 2011, 11:47:01 PM

I dont have a problem with being conservative with the kid. Hes still really young. What like 22-23 something like that. Either way hes still really young. He will be fine. Its just getting more experience and he also needs to get some playing time in the playoffs as well. That should come soon though.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 12, 2011, 12:05:21 AM

The training wheels are still on Freeman. All you gotta do is look at the Lions game when Ollie called three straight runs to set up the FG instead going for a TD despite Free completing over 63% of his passes.

I think it was pretty clear that the offense looked different after that game.
And it was too late. Missed the playoffs, should have thought long and hard before playing Dungy Ball when the playoff stakes are on the line.

Agreed, but it certainly did seem to be a wakeup call for the coaching staff, as they definitely opened up the playbook in the last 2 games. And the results for Freeman were fantastic. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come, because if it is that mistake in Detroit could end up being a positive thing for us next season and going forward.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : May 12, 2011, 10:38:58 AM

Its good to know u guys realize freeman is captain ckeckoff.

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

#19 : May 12, 2011, 10:49:42 AM

Freeman's YPA says otherwise.  Captain checkdown would be Sam Bradford or Matt Ryan. 

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 12, 2011, 11:06:34 AM

I said it from the secnd the game ended...it[Detroit Lions game] was the worst loss of the year.  I still stand by that.

Atlanta Falcons Throwback game: worst loss of Bucs' 2010 season.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 12, 2011, 11:26:05 AM

I thought you were banned?  Oh wait,  I see you have "watched" under your name.  Is that like a probation thing? Just asking.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 12, 2011, 12:02:32 PM

Nope, he isn't. You got him confused with Tebow or Sanchez.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 12, 2011, 12:36:39 PM

How's that warning you were given by PR? id be very careful from now on if i were you. (Im telling you this because i know deep down you're a tollerable guy. I don't want to see you banned but that's where you're headed. Save yourself, No amount of alt accounts will bring you back and the admin has promised that.)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to take the training wheels off #5 ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools