Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FOSTER MAY BE BUCS' BEST DRAFT PICK IN 2011 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 14, 2011, 01:57:59 PM

lol funny thread. Thanks Chrisras for providing the laughs.

chrisras

Starter

#31 : May 14, 2011, 02:06:28 PM

I don't know if it's funny or sad. I just can't believe that people don't know the difference between slipping and shedding a block.
: May 14, 2011, 02:12:58 PM chrisras

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#32 : May 14, 2011, 04:22:28 PM

Chris:  "I don't know if it's funny or sad. I just can't believe that people don't know the difference between slipping and shedding a block."

You may have missed the mark originally, but you get high marks for a very clever recovery.

Maybe you can use that cleverness to truly contribute to this board.

The "feisty little terrier" role doesn't add to your stature.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 14, 2011, 04:24:58 PM

Oh, while we're on the subject of Katrina aid equaling awesomeness....DID YOU GUYS KNOW THE SAINTS ONE THE SUPERBOWL FOR  N'AWLINS AFTER KATRINA HIT?? DREW BREES IS SO AWESOME OMG BEST QB EVAR.

Gag me with a spoon.
: May 14, 2011, 04:26:35 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#34 : May 14, 2011, 05:26:20 PM

In his defense, he's not saying he would draft Brown over Foster because of Brown's football prowess.  Just that Brown's a good kid and he heard a story where Brown did some charity work. 

Coaching should fix these negatives. "Don't miss open tackles," "don't get out-muscled by bigger receivers," and "don't get beat deep,"  are things that Texas and Will Muschamp just don't know enough about to say.  Johnson, Orakpo and Kindle learned these things before and after their respective time at Texas.

That's some great stuff

chrisras

Starter

#35 : May 14, 2011, 07:03:16 PM

Chris:  "I don't know if it's funny or sad. I just can't believe that people don't know the difference between slipping and shedding a block."

You may have missed the mark originally, but you get high marks for a very clever recovery.

Maybe you can use that cleverness to truly contribute to this board.

The "feisty little terrier" role doesn't add to your stature.

I guess both of us missed the mark originally.

Foster has demonstrated in college, that he can tackle and that he instinctively goes where the ball is.

I just wonder about his overall speed.  It is true Anticipation can make up for slowness.  An early anticipated step in a short distance makes one very fast.

At the combine the recorded 40"s:  Foster 4.75;  Kerrigaan 4.71;  Houston 4.68;  Von Miller 4.53; Martez Wilson 4.49.

I certainly want Foster to be great----just a bit concerned that the faster pace of the NFL will have a negative impact.

You're right. The NFL is a whole new ball of wax.

I like this highlight clip because it has Foster and Bradford. For those of you that don't know the difference between shedding and slipping a block please pay attention. At :10 Foster lowers his shoulder and slips the block by beating the linemen to the point. At :48 Foster is not able to shed when the blocker is locked on. At 1:01 Foster shows his lack of speed. At 2:30 Bradford trucks Foster.

: May 14, 2011, 07:06:20 PM chrisras

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 14, 2011, 11:27:58 PM

LOL, I think the video had the opposite effect because after watching it, I'm more excited about Foster. :)

For the record, though, I don't think there's anything wrong with voicing your opinion about a pick and I don't think you've been out of line with any of your statements.

I don't expect any linebacker to ever play a perfect game (except 55, obviously, who was perfect at everything), and I think the video shows a ton of positives.
: May 14, 2011, 11:29:30 PM Naismith

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

bornnraisedwhodat

Practice Squad

#37 : May 14, 2011, 11:43:19 PM

I was super high on Foster and hoped the Saints snatched him. The dude is one of , if not the most sound tackler of all the LB's. He's not super fast, not super strong, but he is just an all around very good football player. I think he will be starting for u guys Week 1 at WILL.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#38 : May 14, 2011, 11:49:33 PM

At 2:30 Bradford trucks Foster.

My gosh, that was embarrassing.   Bradford put Foster flat on his ass.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#39 : May 15, 2011, 02:13:03 AM

I watched that play a couple times, looks like Foster was being blocked to the ground by an offensive lineman while he was trying to tackle Bradford. Hardly getting trucked.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 15, 2011, 02:52:28 AM

lol bad example of somebody getting trucked. I call the one where Ruud was run over by Ivory being trucked. He was clearly blocked and was running sideline to Bradford. You hope Bradford wins those battles because 9 times out of ten a big backs gonna get by the LBs coming from that angle. Good for Bradford. Hes on our team :)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 15, 2011, 07:35:18 AM

i would have drafted curtis brown as well.  but not as a cornerback.  i would pay him so he could be a fulltime missionary.  theres always a flood or natural disaster and we'd have a positive Bucs story out of each.  why waste time playing a kids game when he could get paid millions to help others in times of need.  would be a great feel good story for the Bucs.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chrisras

Starter

#42 : May 15, 2011, 07:23:12 PM

LOL, I think the video had the opposite effect because after watching it, I'm more excited about Foster. :)

For the record, though, I don't think there's anything wrong with voicing your opinion about a pick and I don't think you've been out of line with any of your statements.

I don't expect any linebacker to ever play a perfect game (except 55, obviously, who was perfect at everything), and I think the video shows a ton of positives.

Thanks Naismith. You are a class act.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#43 : May 15, 2011, 07:46:06 PM

Foster is a poor man's Ruud.   They both have a similar playing style.   But Ruud is a far better linebacker.   Foster should make a good backup.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 15, 2011, 07:51:08 PM

foster could be our best draft pick...but the draft was so good it could be any of the top 6.....i'm betting on bowers......with clayborn 2nd and foster 3rd.....have a feeling all the draft picks will be a huge help this year ...every single pick.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FOSTER MAY BE BUCS' BEST DRAFT PICK IN 2011 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools