Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman was the 2nd most pressured QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

: May 13, 2011, 06:14:40 PM

According to Pro Football Focus via twitter

Cutler being #1

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#1 : May 13, 2011, 06:39:48 PM

The pass blocking sucked, so no surprise there. Joseph and Trueblood whiffed over 4 times per game(per Football Outsiders), and the crew of Vincent, Zuttah, Larsen, and Hardman was inexperienced and inconsistent. I'd guess that Penn was pretty average and he was our best lineman.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 13, 2011, 06:43:45 PM

no need to draft any OLmen.  We got us a bunch of practice squad thefts and UFAs.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 13, 2011, 06:52:38 PM

no need to draft any OLmen.  We got us a bunch of practice squad thefts and UFAs.
LOL yup

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#4 : May 13, 2011, 06:56:56 PM

Heck, they sucked at run-blocking too. Blount had to average 3.7 yards-after-contact to get his yards. Cadillac even averaged in the top 10 in "forced missed tackles per touch", but he couldn't get yards at all until we reduced his role and he started breaking big plays on draws on 3rd and long.

I can relate to being a little disappointed in not drafting any O-line because of that, but TBH I don't think the O-line talent was very strong in this year's draft. Rah/Olson/new O-line coach must think that going heavy on the man-blocking will solve some of those problems. I hope they're right.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 13, 2011, 06:59:00 PM

Yeah our offensive line is mediocre but they were a young group and should improve.. I think we look at adding a pretty good OL in free agency if not then, next years draft. Freeman and Blount made our Oline look real good at times and they also made Caddy look like he shouldn't be in the NFL. Good thing Caddy is a great in pass protection or Freeman could of been extremely ineffective at times.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 13, 2011, 07:18:15 PM

We should upgrade the OLINE with free agent pick-ups.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 13, 2011, 10:57:14 PM

We should upgrade the OLINE with free agent pick-ups.

Agreed. LB is still a need and I definitely want us to go after Asomugha, but our main priority really should be bringing in one very good o-lineman. If we can get Penn and another good lineman, I think we have enough talent left with Larsen to put together a decent line. Won't be great any time soon, but with our defense possibly improving a lot and another year of experience for our playmakers we can get by. The Steelers and Bears made it very far with lines just as bad if not worse than ours.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 14, 2011, 01:05:25 AM

Every team has to evaluate what talent is available, what impact it'll have on the team's salary cap, and what the impact on the team's performance would be, if they pull the trigger. Apparently other talent/positions were considered better and/or would have greater impact. And, I've read where Dominik/Morris think highly of several PS guys we've not yet even seen play. So I can roll with that. Besides, Freeman is such an extraordinary athlete, he mostly escapes the rush anyway...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 14, 2011, 02:20:23 AM

O-line needs attention.  But I guess Dom will get to that in due time.  He has done a helluva job so far.  Maybe pick up a free agent or address it in the next draft? 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 14, 2011, 07:15:11 AM

Well, I guess it brings up the question, Does it matter that much anyhow?

I mean, sure it matters, but the QB TB has shows a uncanny ability to turn nothing into something. He did it all through college too, so it's not exactly new to him. Heck, TB is probably a vacation compared to the pitiful line they had there. I guess we could blame JF's footwork or lack of NFL knowledge, but we all know Faine is undersized, gets hurt yearly, can't snap to JF high enough, and has turned into a "Joey G" who would rather talk, than play.

There are problems with the o-line that was evident before JF came here, and made more apparent as time went on. I blame Faine and Trueblood mostly, but what I can't get around is the lack of size on the line. They are not the biggest line in the NFL after all, and for the defense to get a bead on him all they have to do his look for the tallest guy out there. Freeman also had the two miscreants (faine & Trueblood) out off and on all season as well. Having your center out at any time is bad. It's also horrible that Faine is all TB has as center for a rungame that is supposed to be a "dominating" factor here in this town. TB needs a MUCH larger body there. Tblood is just a drive-stopper and is now becoming injury prone. TB's just needs to cut the ties with the guy already. He's the "new MC80" for the Bucs.

Faine and Trueblood need to be gone asap, and I fully expect Dom to pull a 1 & 2 once again for the OL next draft. Although, I still don't think JF NEEDS a productive line to be productive himself, but it couldn't hurt and would be a safety mechanism/insurance for their valuable new franchise QB. Sure, it's nice to see our QB mow or stiffarm through defenses, but that's just more wear and tear that could have been avoided to some extent.

chrisras

Starter

#11 : May 14, 2011, 09:41:24 AM

It was stupid if you ask me that we did not upgrade the O Line in the draft.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 14, 2011, 10:10:54 AM

I suspect someone somewhere at OBP is watching the Oline's performance.  That person likely talks to both the OC and HC as they look at priorities for the draft, and values as they occur(ed) during the three days fiasco... errr... process of completing 7 rounds.  Just a suspi-cion/guess

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#13 : May 14, 2011, 11:05:54 AM

It was stupid if you ask me that we did not upgrade the O Line in the draft.

I know right.  Sucked to watch round after round of frivolous wasted picks.  Screw BPA, oline was like the 3rd greatest need.  Should have taken a lineman in the 3rd round then (maybe 4th, but that's a stretch).  Not to mention all the day 1 starters we passed on in the last couple rounds.  Dom showing once again he's in way over his head.   ::)

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 14, 2011, 04:46:03 PM

I was hoping Pouncey would fall to us at #20, but he got tabbed at #15 by the Fish. With needs at both C/G and RDE due to age, I can understand Dominik not trading up; he knew a need could be fulfilled at #20without losing another asset. It was a great draft for the D, but IMO would've been STELLAR if we'd landed both Pouncey to juice up the O'line AND Bowers for the D'line.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman was the 2nd most pressured QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools