Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aso in Tampa? Why not? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Freeman2WilliamsTD

Rookie

#15 : May 16, 2011, 08:43:51 PM

This is where being the youngest team also is very beneficial.  Since we are paying a lot of our younger guys under market value we can afford to throw money at Talib.  then once we need ot start resigning out guys to long term deals we are probably in a good position to either cut ASO or trade him and not take a huge cap hit.  And our younger guys should be in good position to replace him considering Rah's ability to coach up seconday players.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 16, 2011, 09:19:49 PM

Chaz......Talib and Aso? I don't get how people are still including Talib in this year's scenarios. I mean the dude is facing 20 years in prison if found guilty. Even if he somehow gets off with probation he'll be suspended. I think it's safe to assume he won't be a factor this season.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 16, 2011, 09:37:59 PM

We can keep him, it doesn't mean he'll be available to play.

Draft Aaron Donald

bashear

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 16, 2011, 11:40:06 PM

No to Aso, for the same reasoning as below:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Nnamdi Asomugha - DB - Raiders
SI's Peter King confirms that free agent Nnamdi Asomugha is not going to end up in Green Bay.
A player like Asomugha would fit on just about every team in the league, but it's just not realistic for the Pack to pursue a player with his pricetag. They are already worried about re-signing Jermichael Finley after next season and won the Super Bowl by building through the draft.
Related: Packers
Source: SI.com May 16, 9:12 AM
Didn't the Pack get Charles Woodson (50 million dollar or so contract in 2006) from Oakland?

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 17, 2011, 03:02:41 AM

talib is toast this year....as soon as we sign aso we'll cut the hot head......footballs answer to bradley in baseball.....those kind of people never change.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 17, 2011, 03:32:29 AM

This is going to be really interesting to watch. If we ever get to Free Agency.

Asomugha is the shutdown CB that would nullify Roddy White, Colston and Steve Smith. Not to mention other top notch WR we will play this year in Calvin and Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, Jennings and Wayne, just mention a few.

This would be the kind of move to plant fans butts back in their fair weather seats. Similar to when the Bucs made the deal for Keyshawn.

TowMater69

Second String

#21 : May 17, 2011, 06:29:57 AM

For the anti-Asomugha crowd, I hope you enjoy watching EJ Biggars or Myron Lewis trying to cover Calvin Johnson in week #1  and Roddy White in week #3 and an aging 36 year old Ronde Barber covering an explosive Titus Young and Julio Jones.  Talib will be suspended for the first 8 games, at least.

TowMater69

Second String

#22 : May 17, 2011, 06:31:54 AM

Asomugha is the shutdown CB that would nullify Roddy White, Colston and Steve Smith. Not to mention other top notch WR we will play this year in Calvin and Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, Jennings and Wayne, just mention a few.

This would be the kind of move to plant fans butts back in their fair weather seats. Similar to when the Bucs made the deal for Keyshawn.

Seriously, Roy Williams . . . .?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 17, 2011, 04:51:23 PM

we could probably sign carl nicks, jared gaither, and stephen tulloch for the price of asomugha.  i think those 3 would be much more beneficial.  especially considering jdoubles point on man to man vs zone.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 18, 2011, 12:17:30 AM

I thought this was interesting, Aso wants no part of the Texans. He wants to play for a contender. How would he view the Bucs?  Contender or pretender?

The Houston Chronicle's Richard Justice passes along word that free agent Nnamdi Asomugha "doesn't want any part" of the Texans.
Justice doesn't pass along any specifics, but it's widely believed that Asomugha's top priorities include playing for a contender. The Texans have that potential, but they're certainly not there yet. We've yet to find anyone covering the Texans who believes owner Bob McNair would be willing to make the high-dollar investment in Asomugha, regardless.

Source: Houston Chronicle May 17, 4:28
PM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 18, 2011, 12:32:42 AM

I think he ends up with the Jets.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 18, 2011, 02:32:16 AM

Seriously, Roy Williams . . . .?

With Romo throwing to him yes. Kitna not so much.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 18, 2011, 02:52:20 AM

Aso in Tampa would be awesome.  He would be a Buc for the next 4 or 5 years.  Isn't that what many of us have said about the career of Bowers?

If we get that much out of him, it is "gravy"?

Aso is a pure, bonafide shut down, beat the pigskin in sky corner.  He is the best.

His age is not an issue with me.  Woodson is a stud.  If he was a Buc, we would have the best secondary in football.  Aso in Tampa means Tampa has the best third level of defense in the entire NFL.  Problem solved.  If there was a problem...only a small one...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 18, 2011, 10:46:08 AM

I am starting to lean toward the "sign Aso bandwagon".  If they have a cap and the Bucs are way under the floor, why not? Whats the alternative, sign several lesser talented players?  I guess the big question is would he want to play here.  I think he would, a lot of casual fans around the country know nothing about the Bucs and how good they are.  But I think most NFL players and front office types know all about the Bucs.  I guess it would come down to if Aso thought the team was ready now, or a couples years away.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

heyman_BUCu!

Second String

#29 : May 18, 2011, 02:46:16 PM

I said this before in another post.  And I'll say it again. There's a 99.9% chance (per my resources) that Aso will end up being a Buc! Loves Rah, and the direction of the team. I wish I could tell you guys where I get my info but it might cause problems coming from an active player.  And on another note. At least one high profile WR (from another team)said alot of teams DON'T want to have to deal with the Bucs this year. With or w/o Aso. Feels good to be feared!

Damn Rah :-/.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aso in Tampa? Why not? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools