Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shefter's thought on today's ruling.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Hate

Hall of Famer
: May 16, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

AdamSchefter
Owners now have the leverage. This is a complete win for the owners. Players are in trouble, based on judge's words in this ruling.

Backs up the feelings i've had all along: Owners own, players play..... and the so-called partnership is a farce. Now the players need to get to the table and negotiate in good faith.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 16, 2011, 07:11:37 PM

Hopefully it pushes the players to getting a deal done. Players wanted more money. Well, if they sit out then they will lose money. Owners can afford that. Players, who have shelf lives of 3-4 years need that money. I think a deal will be done soon.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 16, 2011, 07:12:40 PM

+1 very well said Hate!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 16, 2011, 07:19:15 PM

AdamSchefter
Owners now have the leverage. This is a complete win for the owners. Players are in trouble, based on judge's words in this ruling.

Backs up the feelings i've had all along: Owners own, players play..... and the so-called partnership is a farce. Now the players need to get to the table and negotiate in good faith.

Top to bottom - best post of the day

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 16, 2011, 07:28:13 PM

I heared both sides were encouraged BEFORE the ruling...nfl could chanmge the proposal now.....PLEASE DONT GET GREEDY!!!!  :(

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 16, 2011, 07:29:00 PM

thnx Fitz.

AdamSchefter:
Bottom line: In this game of courthouse football, the owners have won most significant battle to date. Players now have choices to make.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 16, 2011, 07:30:51 PM

Owners will fold, it's their only move.

Guess not.

Those pocket aces you said the players had aren't quite as strong as you think.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 16, 2011, 07:35:22 PM

Guess not.

Lets see what the final deal is. The players still have the slam dunk antitrust suit in their back pocket. That trumps all. A CBA similar to the previous one is the owners folding.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 16, 2011, 07:36:32 PM

lol.....ok

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 16, 2011, 07:40:15 PM

@AlbertBreer
Albert Breer
 Hausfeld on NFL's proposal: "probably not one that's acceptable as is. ... But it breaches the stalemate."

Notgoonotgoodnotgood! Im worried the players will  shoot this down...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 16, 2011, 07:41:08 PM

Guess not.

Lets see what the final deal is. The players still have the slam dunk antitrust suit in their back pocket. That trumps all. A CBA similar to the previous one is the owners folding.

The fact that the players are reportedly more actively negotiating should tell you something.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 16, 2011, 07:44:44 PM

The Judges say they seriously doubt nelson's rulling prevails......I hope you players care about us fans as much as you say!!!!!!

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 16, 2011, 07:54:25 PM

Guess not.

The fact that the players are reportedly more actively negotiating should tell you something.

They obviously lost their choke hold on the owners. Doesn't mean the owners have the players in one now. Fair deal now and the players drop Brady v NFL and everyone forgets all about this. If owners don't budge then players take a bad deal now and Brady v NFL goes forward. Players "lost" the strike in 1987 but they won White v NFL years later.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 16, 2011, 07:56:14 PM

This ruling has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the actual anti-trust case. This is only about the injuction on the lockout.

No matter what the appeals court rules, the actual anti-trust case will still go forward. And if it does and the players prevail on that....the NFL is pretty much toast.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 16, 2011, 07:58:33 PM

@AlbertBreer: Hearing the NFL's proposal is more of a bullet-pointed overview for the players to chew on, not a comprehensive offer. Not there yet.

DRATS!!!

Also cyber, the judges ruled they were doubtful nelson's rulling upholds.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shefter's thought on today's ruling.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools