Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shefter's thought on today's ruling.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 16, 2011, 08:02:47 PM

don't mix the two issues together...

the anti - trust case goes on as it's referenced to the tv deal shenanigans.

this stay of the lockout pends another FULL 8th circuit appeal (not just the 3 judges but all 9 nine judges)   

What the 3 judges ruling implies is that if it goes to the full 8th circuit, it doesn't look good.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 16, 2011, 08:06:17 PM

Nelson's ruling is on the INJUCTION OF THE LOCKOUT.... Not the anti-trust case. The actual merits of the anti-trust complaint have not even been heard yet. That could take years to go through the courts.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 16, 2011, 08:15:09 PM

This ruling has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the actual anti-trust case. This is only about the injuction on the lockout.

No matter what the appeals court rules, the actual anti-trust case will still go forward. And if it does and the players prevail on that....the NFL is pretty much toast.

How does the NFL being "toast" benefit the players?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 16, 2011, 08:17:33 PM

This ruling has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the actual anti-trust case. This is only about the injuction on the lockout.

No matter what the appeals court rules, the actual anti-trust case will still go forward. And if it does and the players prevail on that....the NFL is pretty much toast.

Because the owners will have to negotiate things like the draft, salary cap and franchise tag back into a CBA.

This is shaping up to the same cycle as 1987-1993. Owners win the battle, players win the war.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 16, 2011, 08:17:49 PM

Judge Doty's immanent is just as big. The players are claiming almost $800 million in damages, if he finds in their favor it's a big deal. if the appeal of that stands, the players get money to do nothing while they wait on the league to come back to the table.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 16, 2011, 08:22:41 PM

Desmith says the players are prepared for the courts rulling....DAMMIT JUST ACCEPT THE DANG PROPOSAL!!!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 16, 2011, 08:30:07 PM

Owners win the battle, players win the war.

I'm guessing this statement will turnout like this one:

Owners will fold, it's their only move.

i.e. - wrong

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 16, 2011, 08:32:16 PM

The end result doesn't benefit anyone. It's like the aftermath of nuclear holocaust. The players no longer have a league to play in. And the owners no longer have an asset worth a billion dollars.

In other words the owners will go into financial ruin unless they agree to a deal.
: May 16, 2011, 08:33:52 PM cyberdude558

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 16, 2011, 08:33:09 PM

Owners win the battle, players win the war.

I'm guessing this statement will turnout like this one:

Owners will fold, it's their only move.

i.e. - wrong

You don't understand how important Brady v NFL is and how strong the players case is.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 16, 2011, 08:35:49 PM

Bickering aside, this is great news for the Bucs. A low salary cap gives the Bucs an advantage because of all the cap room.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 16, 2011, 08:44:40 PM

The players will regain the upper hand as soon as Doty rules the NFL is in violation of the CBA when it negotiated those TV contracts to provide lockout insurance.

It would be nearly $1 billion reward for the players.

bucs63

Starter

#26 : May 16, 2011, 08:50:07 PM

This fighting between the owners and the players is destructive and saddening. Can't they see what it's doing to the family. Can't they see how it affects the children ...eh, cheerleaders.

Are the cheerleaders to be just tossed aside? Are they still allowed in the building? How about those still rehabbing from breast augmentation surgery? They need to know they're still loved.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 16, 2011, 08:51:59 PM

The Proposal has been submitted.

PFT says the breakthrough news is being disputed. some sites sy progress was made, others say there has been no such thing.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 16, 2011, 08:53:00 PM

At least one side is making an attempt

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 16, 2011, 08:56:53 PM

Breer called the proposal more of a "Bulletpoint overview foor the players to chew on." - I dont care what it is.....JUST GET US TO A NEW CBA!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shefter's thought on today's ruling.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools