Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shefter's thought on today's ruling.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #30 : May 16, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »

This fighting between the owners and the players is destructive and saddening. Can't they see what it's doing to the family. Can't they see how it affects the children ...eh, cheerleaders.

Are the cheerleaders to be just tossed aside? Are they still allowed in the building? How about those still rehabbing from breast augmentation surgery? They need to know they're still loved.

Finally, someone speaks about the true victims here! LOL! :)

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #31 : May 16, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »

At least one side is making an attempt

More like a car salesman that keeps coming back with an equally bad deal.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #32 : May 16, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »

The side that potentially shielded hundreds of millions of dollars due to the players from ever getting to them.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #33 : May 16, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »

The side that potentially shielded hundreds of millions of dollars due to the players from ever getting to them.

If you keep saying it maybe it will be true someday.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #34 : May 16, 2011, 09:27:52 PM »

If u ain't cheatin, u ain't tryin

-------------------------------------------------------

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #35 : May 16, 2011, 09:34:47 PM »

well...let us hope that the good lord (or whatever the rest of you believe in) lays his hands on the player's hearts, cause the deal is submitted!
« : May 16, 2011, 09:37:38 PM Beatles123 »

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

FireThemCannons

Second String
« #36 : May 16, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »

I hope they strike a deal because I want free agency, i want OTA's, I want football darn it!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #37 : May 16, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »

+1. my friend...+1!!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #38 : May 16, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »

Owners win the battle, players win the war.

I'm guessing this statement will turnout like this one:

Owners will fold, it's their only move.

i.e. - wrong

You don't understand how important Brady v NFL is and how strong the players case is.

Right.  The owners might as well fold.  After all, it's their only move.

Bayside4Life

Starter

« #39 : May 16, 2011, 10:54:18 PM »

The side that opted out an in-place CBA.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #40 : May 17, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »

What I find interesting in all this melodramatic court room wrangling is that the CBA that was agreed upon in 2006 was steered by two figure heads who no longer have a stake in the NFL, Gene Upshaw and Paul Tagliabue. At the time Tagliabue was on his way out the door and there was infighting within the NFLPA. Fast forward to today and still neither of those two men are getting any blame for the mess they indelibly left behind for others to deal with. They were so hasty to get a deal done and not have a work stoppage they never looked at the long-term affects such a deal would have on the NFL.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : May 17, 2011, 12:51:50 AM »

What I find interesting in all this melodramatic court room wrangling is that the CBA that was agreed upon in 2006 was steered by two figure heads who no longer have a stake in the NFL, Gene Upshaw and Paul Tagliabue. At the time Tagliabue was on his way out the door and there was infighting within the NFLPA. Fast forward to today and still neither of those two men are getting any blame for the mess they indelibly left behind for others to deal with. They were so hasty to get a deal done and not have a work stoppage they never looked at the long-term affects such a deal would have on the NFL.

I so agree.

On a side note, boy that just seems like FOREVER ago already ... sure doesn't feel like that was just a mere 5 years ago.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #42 : May 17, 2011, 01:27:53 AM »

The players would have prospered if Duh Smith wasn't at the helm.

“It’s a disappointment obviously that as far as we can tell this is the first sports league in history who sued to not plays its game,” Smith told reporters after Monday’s ruling. 

What does that even mean? This is guy is worse than Jeff Faine, I'm sick of hearing what he has to say pertaining to these negotiations.
« : May 17, 2011, 01:29:39 AM Captain Hindsight »

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #43 : May 17, 2011, 01:49:56 AM »

No one forced the owners to agree to it. They voted 30-2 to accept it. So you cant blame this all on Tagliabue.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

« #44 : May 17, 2011, 02:49:18 AM »

the owners want to change something they agreed on 5 years ago......they better be careful they don't mess around with the anti trust rules or the owners will be sorry big time and will have to pay contracts that are garunteed like baseball.....then the owners will wish the hell they never pushed it that far....all the fans are getting pretty pissed off with all of this GREED when they barely can afford to even buy a ticket......they keep this crap up and it may turn all the fans off......then jones ,snyder and company will be sorry they didn't leave well enough alone......GREED...GREED ...GREED.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shefter's thought on today's ruling.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools