Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shefter's thought on today's ruling.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#60 : July 25, 2011, 04:05:07 PM

The owners folded like origami. Thanks for the bump.

I don't think anyone folded or won. The owners slowed the rate of growth in salaries by shrinking the total pie for the players but the players ensured that teams like Tampa, KC and Cincy can't make money merely by existing. The rookie deal, to me, helps both sides owners aren't paying untested players and with the combo of the floor more money flows to the vets. The safety things (contact and fewer OTA's) are issues that really don't much matter to the owners but to the extent the league is serious about safety it is a win for both sides.

The losers in this deal are the top 10 picks for the next 10 years and coaches who lost a lot of control and flexibility in how they interact with players.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#61 : July 25, 2011, 04:50:24 PM

The losers in this deal are the top 10 picks for the next 10 years and coaches who lost a lot of control and flexibility in how they interact with players.

Yep. Cam Newton and Tom Coughlin were the two biggest losers.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 25, 2011, 05:30:22 PM

I really don't care who "won." We have football for the next ten years!
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shefter's thought on today's ruling.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools