Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So, Who's being Raptured on Saturday? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 21, 2011, 11:08:46 AM

I hope that any reasonable human being would've realized that the world isn't ending today, especially considering Matthew 24:36.

I hope any reasonable human being would realize that there's no such thing as a rapture. Any prediction of which day it will occur is moot because it will never happen.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 21, 2011, 11:10:52 AM

Woo hoo!  Atheists win again!

Don't count your chickens. I think I read it was supposed to happen at 6pm.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 21, 2011, 11:36:24 AM

Woo hoo!  Atheists win again!

Don't count your chickens. I think I read it was supposed to happen at 6pm.

6pm across the world.  It was 6pm in New Zealand hours ago, and the 6pm mark is working its way toward us now.  No reports of earthquakes, walking dead, or disappearing people so far.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 21, 2011, 02:14:49 PM

I hope that any reasonable human being would've realized that the world isn't ending today, especially considering Matthew 24:36.

I hope any reasonable human being would realize that there's no such thing as a rapture. Any prediction of which day it will occur is moot because it will never happen.

That's pretty matter of fact for someone who is so open-minded.

Coburn1

Starter

#19 : May 21, 2011, 02:16:33 PM

The funny thing is I think it's the atheists that are talking about it the most. No one in my church, including friends, has any mentioned anything about it. None of us really pay much heed to what some guy says. Not sure why it's so widespread in some places. I suppose fear no matter how unfounded will spread fast. Reminds me of Y2K and the alien radio scare in the 30s they talk about.

Also while we don't know the day or hour I believe there are still a few prophecies that haven't happened yet.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 21, 2011, 02:23:43 PM

The funny thing is I think it's the atheists that are talking about it the most.
I wouldn't be surprised - I have heard no such thing through my church as well...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 21, 2011, 02:33:30 PM

Because atheists are the ones that laugh at such ridiculous predictions and use it as proof to show religion is a joke.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 21, 2011, 02:53:38 PM

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 21, 2011, 03:30:38 PM

The funny thing is I think it's the atheists that are talking about it the most. No one in my church, including friends, has any mentioned anything about it. None of us really pay much heed to what some guy says. Not sure why it's so widespread in some places. I suppose fear no matter how unfounded will spread fast. Reminds me of Y2K and the alien radio scare in the 30s they talk about.

Also while we don't know the day or hour I believe there are still a few prophecies that haven't happened yet.

While driving around, I have yet to see a church with "Rapture Saturday, Sunday Service CXLed" sign out front.

Coburn1

Starter

#24 : May 21, 2011, 04:48:44 PM

Because atheists are the ones that laugh at such ridiculous predictions and use it as proof to show religion is a joke.

Well that's a fine case of seeing only what you want to see. You take a select few people who claim to be associated with a larger group and say because they may or may not have gone bad the whole lot is no good. Don't forget that our Bible itself says that they are wrong. They may or may not be faithful people, but they've blasphemed a part of God's word at least. As I mentioned almost no one in the Christian community took any of this seriously. I also appreciate how many proud atheists will use 'prophecies' from false teachers to 'disprove' the belief but give no credit when prophecy has been fulfilled.

The only thing I've heard about it at all was from my receptionist who goes to a different church who was shaking her head. I also got an email from a guy organizing volunteers for an intercity church event (which has been planned for months) that will be happening in a couple weeks and joked about how rediculous this whole prediction was. The fact is all of the churches around the city are still looking forward to and planning events weeks down the road and the only references are in jest.
: May 21, 2011, 04:51:09 PM Coburn1

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 21, 2011, 04:56:55 PM

I also appreciate how many proud atheists will use 'prophecies' from false teachers to 'disprove' the belief but give no credit when prophecy has been fulfilled.

Funny story.  There's no proof of a fulfilled prophecy in the history of human civilization.  An outstanding one, anyway.  I don't want to see a bunch of, "The sun will rise tomorrow"s as a rebuttal.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 21, 2011, 05:14:29 PM

Don't forget that our Bible itself says that they are wrong.

Well, it's definitely YOUR Bible and not mine. And your Bible features a talking snake and donkey and a man living inside of a whale. Sorry if I don't consider it a credible source.

And as far as me being open minded, Biggs? Sorry but I'm only open minded to a point. Millions of people are going to fly up into the sky and disappear because their beliefs are right and everybody else is wrong? Sorry but I'll never believe that. I could be wrong about anything but on this one, I'll bet the house that I'm not.

The Apostles believed Jesus could back during their lifetimes. Over two thousand years later and people are still waiting.

My interest is in the paranormal. And there's a lot of CRAP in that field, too. If there's no evidence for something, (no matter what it is) I'm not going to take it seriously. Now, if thousands of people told me that they saw people flying up into the sky and that their relatives were missing, I'd listen and hear them out.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 21, 2011, 06:00:12 PM

lol mixing old testiment and new testiment information...OBD Its 6 and I am still here.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 21, 2011, 06:56:34 PM

Did I miss it? I went to the store and thought I'd be back before 6 but a huge traffic jam, all these empty cars just abandoned in the middle of the road

Coburn1

Starter

#29 : May 21, 2011, 07:19:00 PM

I also appreciate how many proud atheists will use 'prophecies' from false teachers to 'disprove' the belief but give no credit when prophecy has been fulfilled.

Funny story.  There's no proof of a fulfilled prophecy in the history of human civilization.  An outstanding one, anyway.  I don't want to see a bunch of, "The sun will rise tomorrow"s as a rebuttal.

There's all kinds of profecies that were predicted and happened hundreds or thousands of years after. The most common being the many prophecies of Jesus being crucified multiple times thousands of years earlier. We know historically regardless of who you believe he is that he was crucified. Keep in mind there was a prophecy specifically about the method being crucifiction hundreds of years before crucifiction ever became a method used to even execute people. Perhaps a most recent event would be hit home a bit more. It was predicted way back before Christ in the old testament that Israel would be split for a long time but eventually would become a nation again in one day and that the people spread across many nations would be brought back. This happened after world war 2 and it literally did become a nation in one single day.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So, Who's being Raptured on Saturday? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools