Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glenn Beck to hold "rally to restore courage" in Jerusalem « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Brahmal

Second String
: May 17, 2011, 05:56:18 PM

"Conservative US media figure Glenn Beck will hold a rally to "restore courage" in Jerusalem this August, he announced on his radio show Monday.  Beck said the aim of the rally is to "stand together with Israel" and "to show the world what living a life of faith and honor really means," according to a statement on his website.  The rally is slated to be held one year after his "rally to restore honor" in Washington last August."

per foreignpolicy.com

Umm are you kidding me?  First off, I don't think the Israelis need to have their "courage" "restored," they've already got far more than this spoiled blow-hard can ever imagine.  Second off, why deliberately provoke Muslims the world over against the American people even more when they already hate our guts?  The stupidity and hubris of this absolutely stuns me, and I hope to god that someone puts this nut-case in a padded cell for good.  Please tell me none of you actually like this idea.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 17, 2011, 06:47:39 PM

Don't get me wrong....conservative here....hate Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow....but.....

...Glenn Beck needs to shut the **CENSORED** up and have a "i'm just a journalist" Rally.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 17, 2011, 07:02:27 PM

Beck is a tool

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 17, 2011, 08:38:56 PM

Don't get me wrong....conservative here....hate Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow....but.....

...Glenn Beck needs to shut the **CENSORED** up and have a "i'm just a journalist" Rally.

Glenn Beck is a journalist?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 17, 2011, 09:01:33 PM

First off, I don't think the Israelis need to have their "courage" "restored," they've already got far more than this spoiled blow-hard can ever imagine.

You're right.  That's why the event has nothing to do with restoring Israel's courage.

Second off, why deliberately provoke Muslims the world over against the American people even more when they already hate our guts?

Well, let's not do anything to offend the Muslims of the world by going to Israel.  Are they that touchy?

Maybe you are one that needs more courage.

Glenn Beck is a journalist?

No.

Quote from: Glenn Beck
Now remember, Im not a journalist. They always make fun of me: Glenn Beck, hes a pseudojournalist. No, Im not a journalist. I never claimed to be a journalist. I am an opinion person.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 17, 2011, 09:22:39 PM

"Okay, shes shilling the DNC talking points. She is selling. Shes now moved from opinion maker to saleswoman. She is now selling something that they are again so clueless, they dont understand who we are. We didnt want the eligibility for a tax rebate when Bush gave it to us. We dont want tax breaks. We want lower taxes."

LOL, isn't that kinda like saying I don't want a cheeseburger, I want a hamburger with cheese on it? C'mon. How can he not be a journalist with such awe inspiring powers of deduction such as this?  :P

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 17, 2011, 09:43:21 PM

"Okay, shes shilling the DNC talking points. She is selling. Shes now moved from opinion maker to saleswoman. She is now selling something that they are again so clueless, they dont understand who we are. We didnt want the eligibility for a tax rebate when Bush gave it to us. We dont want tax breaks. We want lower taxes."

LOL, isn't that kinda like saying I don't want a cheeseburger, I want a hamburger with cheese on it? C'mon. How can he not be a journalist with such awe inspiring powers of deduction such as this?  :P

Actually it's closer to taking the cheese from my cheeseburger and telling me I can get it back if I do "insert government behavior change here".  I'd like to just keep my cheese and do whatever the hell I want.

But none of that has anything to do with this thread.
: May 17, 2011, 09:51:37 PM Biggs3535

FreeWill

Starter

#7 : May 17, 2011, 10:04:37 PM

Poor Glenn. He has completely lost his mind.

Brahmal

Second String
#8 : May 17, 2011, 10:14:50 PM

You're right.  That's why the event has nothing to do with restoring Israel's courage.
It has everything to do with the self-worship of a monomaniacal "media personality" who gives conservatism a bad name.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, let's not do anything to offend the Muslims of the world by going to Israel.  Are they that touchy?

Maybe you are one that needs more courage.
It's not a question of Muslims being touchy (which they tend to be BTW).  It's a simple cost-benefit analysis: what do we stand to gain from this moron spouting off which the Israeli people will likely (and rightfully) snicker at, versus what do we stand to lose by this epitome of privileged WASP America actively inciting against Muslims in one of their most holy places?  Theres no good things that can come of this, only bad things.  Lose-lose scenario.

If I had more courage I would have gone through with enlisting like I had planned coming out of high-school.  So condemn me if you'd like, but any civilized person knows not to deliberately piss someone off without a damn good reason.

Like, oh I dunno, Pakistan sheltering OBL.  But I digress. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 17, 2011, 10:28:15 PM

It has everything to do with the self-worship of a monomaniacal "media personality" who gives conservatism a bad name.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I understand, it's about supporting Israel among the wackos that want to destroy them in the Middle East.  Nothing to do with restoring Israel's courage or any of your other explanations.

It's not a question of Muslims being touchy (which they tend to be BTW).  It's a simple cost-benefit analysis: what do we stand to gain from this moron spouting off which the Israeli people will likely (and rightfully) snicker at, versus what do we stand to lose by this epitome of privileged WASP America actively inciting against Muslims in one of their most holy places?  Theres no good things that can come of this, only bad things.  Lose-lose scenario.

Are there any other places in the world America should stay away from as to not piss of Muslims?

I won't be attending this event, but I'll be damned if I ever do not do something I want to do based on if it will piss off radical Muslims or not.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 17, 2011, 10:44:46 PM

From what I understand, it's about supporting Israel among the wackos that want to destroy them in the Middle East.  Nothing to do with restoring Israel's courage or any of your other explanations.

I'm sure that the Israeli's will sleep better knowing that Glenn Beck has their back, especially since the Jewish community in America has all but condemned the guy due to his politicizing the holocaust, among other things.

Brahmal

Second String
#11 : May 17, 2011, 10:47:16 PM

Why do we need some media hack to express this?  That point has already been made abundantly clear by the American people (check the polls), the current administration, and the one before that, and the one before that, and...(you get the picture).
Are there any other places in the world America should stay away from as to not piss of Muslims?

I won't be attending this event, but I'll be damned if I ever do not do something I want to do based on if it will piss off radical Muslims or not.
We happen to be disengaging our military men and women from two of these places at the moment., in case you haven't noticed  Do you disagree with that?

What do you want to do Biggs?

Brahmal

Second String
#12 : May 17, 2011, 10:51:16 PM

Indeed CBW, Isrealis and Jewish people everywhere will laugh at this.

BTW, what exactly is the definition of an "opinion person?"

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#13 : May 17, 2011, 11:59:12 PM

From what I understand, it's about supporting Israel among the wackos that want to destroy them in the Middle East.

Who supporting Israel .... Glenn? ... the US? Is he going over as a representative of the United States? What EXACTLY is he going over there for? "The self-worship of a monomaniacal "media personality" who gives conservatism a bad name" is a winner until there is a little more clarification ...

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#14 : May 18, 2011, 12:00:00 AM

BTW, what exactly is the definition of an "opinion person?"

A blogger using a different medium ...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glenn Beck to hold "rally to restore courage" in Jerusalem « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools