Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glenn Beck to hold "rally to restore courage" in Jerusalem « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #15 : May 18, 2011, 09:33:04 AM »

I'm sure that the Israeli's will sleep better knowing that Glenn Beck has their back, especially since the Jewish community in America has all but condemned the guy due to his politicizing the holocaust, among other things.

Israel doesn't seem to have a problem with it.  They are allowing it, and the Mayor of Jerusalem was on Beck's show promoting the event.

Why do we need some media hack to express this?  That point has already been made abundantly clear by the American people (check the polls), the current administration, and the one before that, and the one before that, and...(you get the picture).

Benjamin Netanyahu might disagree on how much this administration "abundantly" supports Israel.  The President's words are fairly hollow on this subject.

What do you want to do Biggs?

Me?  I want to allow Americans to go and do whatever they want in the world, regardless of it may piss off radical Muslims.

Is he going over as a representative of the United States?

No.

What EXACTLY is he going over there for? "The self-worship of a monomaniacal "media personality" who gives conservatism a bad name" is a winner until there is a little more clarification ...

Following the media's lead on this probably isn't a good idea.  It didn't work out to well for those of you that did on the Restoring Honor rally either.  That turned out to be nothing of what you and others thought it was about.

And I'm curious how exactly this could be construed as self-worship.  Beck is getting hammered by libs and media elite (what else is new) - and I'm sure he knew it would happen. 

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #16 : May 18, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »

First off, I don't think the Israelis need to have their "courage" "restored," they've already got far more than this spoiled blow-hard can ever imagine.

You're right.  That's why the event has nothing to do with restoring Israel's courage.

Who's courage is it restoring then? Because the event is called "Restoring Courage in Israel." That certainly suggests he is attempting to restore somebody's courage, whether it be the Israeli's or ours.

I'm sure that the Israeli's will sleep better knowing that Glenn Beck has their back, especially since the Jewish community in America has all but condemned the guy due to his politicizing the holocaust, among other things.

Israel doesn't seem to have a problem with it.  They are allowing it, and the Mayor of Jerusalem was on Beck's show promoting the event.

Was he promoting the event, or did he simply agree to be interviewed by Beck? I watched the interview and the event wasn't mentioned at all. Most of the interview was Beck asking the guy how he can tell the difference between good and evil. So basically, it was about nothing.

Why do we need some media hack to express this?  That point has already been made abundantly clear by the American people (check the polls), the current administration, and the one before that, and the one before that, and...(you get the picture).

Benjamin Netanyahu might disagree on how much this administration "abundantly" supports Israel.  The President's words are fairly hollow on this subject.

Netanyahu is a right wing extremist who's administration has alienated most of Israel's Western allies at one point or another. The Israeli president has made disparaging remarks about Great Britain as well.

What EXACTLY is he going over there for? "The self-worship of a monomaniacal "media personality" who gives conservatism a bad name" is a winner until there is a little more clarification ...

Following the media's lead on this probably isn't a good idea.  It didn't work out to well for those of you that did on the Restoring Honor rally either.  That turned out to be nothing of what you and others thought it was about.

And I'm curious how exactly this could be construed as self-worship.  Beck is getting hammered by libs and media elite (what else is new) - and I'm sure he knew it would happen.

I'm sure he knew it would happen as well, which is why he is doing it. You think Beck really cares if he gets bad press? Beck loves getting any press.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #17 : May 18, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »

Who's courage is it restoring then? Because the event is called "Restoring Courage in Israel." That certainly suggests he is attempting to restore somebody's courage, whether it be the Israeli's or ours.

From what I've heard and read, it's about restoring the courage for Americans and people of Faith to stand up for what is right.

And the event isn't called "Restoring Courage in Israel", it's called "Restoring Courage"

Was he promoting the event, or did he simply agree to be interviewed by Beck? I watched the interview and the event wasn't mentioned at all. Most of the interview was Beck asking the guy how he can tell the difference between good and evil. So basically, it was about nothing.

First off, yes the event was mentioned.  Second, "telling the difference between good and evil", and standing up to evil is what the event is about.

You don't think Israel and Jerusalem had to give Beck permission to hold this event?  Israel and the Mayor of Jerusalem are supporting this by allowing it in the first place.

Netanyahu is a right wing extremist who's administration has alienated most of Israel's Western allies at one point or another. The Israeli president has made disparaging remarks about Great Britain as well.

Is there a point to this statement?  Because it has nothing to do with Brahma saying Obama's administration has "abundantly" supported Israel, which is incorrect in deed.

I'm sure he knew it would happen as well, which is why he is doing it. You think Beck really cares if he gets bad press? Beck loves getting any press.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a crap about bad press.  But it's moronic to think he's doing this event simply to get bad press.

The same people said the same crap about his "Restoring Honor" event - until they found out it had nothing to do with any "self-worship of a monomaniacal" person when that person gave the $5M proceeds to charity.  I'm certain this will have the same folks eating it in the end.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #18 : May 18, 2011, 05:03:05 PM »

From what I've heard and read, it's about restoring the courage for Americans and people of Faith to stand up for what is right.

And the event isn't called "Restoring Courage in Israel", it's called "Restoring Courage"

Oh okay. It's not called "Restoring Courage in Israel," it's called "Restoring Courage" and it's in Israel. How foolish of us to think that there was going to be an attempt at restoring Israeli courage there.

First off, yes the event was mentioned.  Second, "telling the difference between good and evil", and standing up to evil is what the event is about.

You don't think Israel and Jerusalem had to give Beck permission to hold this event?  Israel and the Mayor of Jerusalem are supporting this by allowing it in the first place.

The Klan holds rally's in NYC. They get permission to do it. Does that mean that Michael Bloomberg supports the Ku Klux Klan? (FYI, I am not comparing Beck to the KKK. Simply stating that just because a city or state sanctions and event, that doesn't mean they support the event).

Is there a point to this statement?  Because it has nothing to do with Brahma saying Obama's administration has "abundantly" supported Israel, which is incorrect in deed.

The point is, that Netanyahu has misconstrued leaders of other nations not agreeing with his politics as them not supporting the state of Israel. This is proven by the fact that he has alienated the leaders of Great Britain, Israel's staunchest ally next to the U.S., and has criticized Joe Biden for not standing with Israel despite his career in the Senate showing him to be among the biggest Zionists in Washington. Obama has supported Israel just as much as any U.S. prez has. It's the fact that he is calling for a 2-state solution that has Netanyahu's panties in a bunch. Netanyahu's perception is not reality. More and more people are starting to realize that, which is why his poll numbers are slipping. Obama is more popular in Israel than he is.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a crap about bad press.  But it's moronic to think he's doing this event simply to get bad press.

The same people said the same crap about his "Restoring Honor" event - until they found out it had nothing to do with any "self-worship of a monomaniacal" person when that person gave the $5M proceeds to charity.  I'm certain this will have the same folks eating it in the end.

I'm not suggesting he is doing it just to get bad press. I'm suggesting he is doing it just to get press. The type of press is irrelevant to him.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #19 : May 18, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

The Klan holds rally's in NYC. They get permission to do it. Does that mean that Michael Bloomberg supports the Ku Klux Klan? (FYI, I am not comparing Beck to the KKK. Simply stating that just because a city or state sanctions and event, that doesn't mean they support the event).

Not a good comparison for many reasons.  The biggest one for your point is that Israel/Jerusalem is under no legal obligation to allow a foreign citizen to hold an event like this.  New York City and Michael Bloomberg do have that legal obligation.

If Israel/Jerusalem didn't want this to happen - it wouldn't.

The point is, that Netanyahu has misconstrued leaders of other nations not agreeing with his politics as them not supporting the state of Israel.

FYI, Netanyahu isn't the only Jew that doesn't believe Obama is supporting Israel.  His actions in the ME speak louder than his words on Israel

More and more people are starting to realize that, which is why his poll numbers are slipping. Obama is more popular in Israel than he is.

Link?

I'm not suggesting he is doing it just to get bad press. I'm suggesting he is doing it just to get press. The type of press is irrelevant to him.

Why would he need to get press?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #20 : May 18, 2011, 09:25:43 PM »

Why wouldn't he promote it? I've got to believe it would have a pretty significant economic impact on his city ....

LOL ... As official board historian you're going to have to refesh my memory as to what I thought it was going to be about .... and what, exactly, did it turn out to be about??

Beck gets off on negative energy like a WWE villain ...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #21 : May 18, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »

Why wouldn't he promote it? I've got to believe it would have a pretty significant economic impact on his city ....

Well which is it?  Does Israel want Beck there or not?

You guys need to get your stories straight.

LOL ... As official board historian you're going to have to refesh my memory as to what I thought it was going to be about .... and what, exactly, did it turn out to be about??

You said it was about self-promotion - until you found out all proceeds were donated to charity.

Maybe.  Or maybe he actually believes in what he's doing and doesn't really give a crap what the libs say about it.

If you fellas could put your imaginary motives and disdain for Beck aside for one second - what's to beeotch about here?  I've done a lot of reading on this to find out what is going to actually happen at this event for you ladies to be so pissed off about, and I can't find it.  All we know is Beck is hosting an event in Jerusalem with no specifics as to what that will entail.  So what? 
« : May 18, 2011, 09:42:41 PM Biggs3535 »

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #22 : May 18, 2011, 09:46:54 PM »

The point is, that Netanyahu has misconstrued leaders of other nations not agreeing with his politics as them not supporting the state of Israel.

FYI, Netanyahu isn't the only Jew that doesn't believe Obama is supporting Israel.  His actions in the ME speak louder than his words on Israel

What actions might that be?

More and more people are starting to realize that, which is why his poll numbers are slipping. Obama is more popular in Israel than he is.

Link?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/19/israelis-view-obama-favor_n_505579.html

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #23 : May 18, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »

How's he doing in 2011?  Obama V Netanyahu that is

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 18, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »

I don't think they really care, TBH. They aren't going to tell the guy to get lost. But that's hardly a ringing endorsement. Just because the mayor of Jerusalem agreed to an interview doesn't mean he is a Beck fan.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #25 : May 18, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »

What actions might that be?

How about the handling of Egypt for starters?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/31/us-egypt-israel-usa-idUSTRE70U53720110131

If Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak is toppled, Israel will lose one of its very few friends in a hostile neighborhood and President Barack Obama will bear a large share of the blame, Israeli pundits said on Monday.

And the President is going to try to make nice with Israel and American Jews tomorrow with some fancy words.  I suspect this has something to do with it:

http://www.vosizneias.com/84000/2011/05/19/washington-jewish-donors-warn-obama-on-israel

Washington - Jewish donors and fund-raisers are warning the Obama re-election campaign that the president is at risk of losing financial support because of concerns about his handling of Israel.

Some Jewish donors say President Barack Obama has pushed Israeli leaders too hard to halt construction of housing settlements in disputed territory, a longstanding element of U.S. policy. Some also worry that Mr. Obama is putting more pressure on the Israelis than the Palestinians to enter peace negotiations, and that the president has allowed relations with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to fray.

Link?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/19/israelis-view-obama-favor_n_505579.html

I'm going to be picky and ask for a poll within the last 12 months.

And FYI (not surprisingly) your source left out some pertinent information to present their biased viewpoint for the unsuspecting suckers that get their news from HuffPo. 

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=171849

Just 9 percent of Jewish Israelis think US President Barack Obama’s administration is more pro-Israel than pro-Palestinian, according to a Smith Research poll taken this week on behalf of The Jerusalem Post.

I don't think they really care, TBH. They aren't going to tell the guy to get lost. But that's hardly a ringing endorsement. Just because the mayor of Jerusalem agreed to an interview doesn't mean he is a Beck fan.

When did I say he was a Beck fan?

Brahmal

Second String
« #26 : May 18, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »

How about the handling of Egypt for starters?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/31/us-egypt-israel-usa-idUSTRE70U53720110131

If Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak is toppled, Israel will lose one of its very few friends in a hostile neighborhood and President Barack Obama will bear a large share of the blame, Israeli pundits said on Monday.

And the President is going to try to make nice with Israel and American Jews tomorrow with some fancy words.  I suspect this has something to do with it:

http://www.vosizneias.com/84000/2011/05/19/washington-jewish-donors-warn-obama-on-israel

Washington - Jewish donors and fund-raisers are warning the Obama re-election campaign that the president is at risk of losing financial support because of concerns about his handling of Israel.

Some Jewish donors say President Barack Obama has pushed Israeli leaders too hard to halt construction of housing settlements in disputed territory, a longstanding element of U.S. policy. Some also worry that Mr. Obama is putting more pressure on the Israelis than the Palestinians to enter peace negotiations, and that the president has allowed relations with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to fray.

So let me get this straight Biggs, you think that the US should have actively propped up a brutal dictator who's courageous people rose up against him in a virtually unanimous fashion with demands of democracy and freedom, for the reason that Israel was buddies with him and some special interests might have bellyached about it?  Sure, standing aside while Mubarak was forced out didn't help Israel at all, but that decision was made with our status as the leader of freedom and justice in the world in mind.  If you can't understand that then you are a moral wasteland, un-American, and an idiot to boot.
« : May 18, 2011, 11:23:54 PM Brahmal »

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #27 : May 18, 2011, 11:21:17 PM »

Link?

http://www.shmais.com/chabad-news/latest/item/netanyahu-s-popularity-hits-new-low-of-32

http://burnafterreading.nationaljournal.com/2010/03/does-israel-share-obamas-hope.php

The two polls, both taken in March, show Obama with a 41% approval rating in Israel and Netanyahu with a 32% approval rating. Those links new enough for ya?

And as to Obama's policies in the Middle East and how they pertain to Israel:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0311/Obama_Israel_pressure_working.html

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #28 : May 18, 2011, 11:39:50 PM »

Please try to keep track of us guys ... I never said they didn't want him there. Hell, I figure if there's a chance there for them to siphon more money from Americans, they're going to be all over it ...

You said it was about self-promotion - until you found out all proceeds were donated to charity.
Ah, if I recall correctly it was a good charity money was going to .... but self promotion isn't always directly about money but can be about publicity ... and he's a master of that.

Maybe.  Or maybe he actually believes in what he's doing and doesn't really give a crap what the libs say about it.

If you fellas could put your imaginary motives and disdain for Beck aside for one second - what's to beeotch about here?  I've done a lot of reading on this to find out what is going to actually happen at this event for you ladies to be so pissed off about, and I can't find it.  All we know is Beck is hosting an event in Jerusalem with no specifics as to what that will entail.  So what?
I'm not pissed off, I just think he's a grandstanding, holier than thou publicity whore like most right wing media hosts ...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : May 19, 2011, 07:37:52 AM »

CK - So you are saying Beck will siphon money from Americans, give it to charity and made a big deal out of what has been done and how he did it - something like the Jerry Lewis telethon?  Now that was sarcastic to eliminate some of the banter - as a preamble to the real question.  Let's look at it another way - if it wasn't a "right wing media host" would you have posted in this thread? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glenn Beck to hold "rally to restore courage" in Jerusalem « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools