Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glenn Beck to hold "rally to restore courage" in Jerusalem « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#30 : May 19, 2011, 08:14:44 AM

CK - So you are saying Beck will siphon money from Americans, give it to charity and made a big deal out of what has been done and how he did it - something like the Jerry Lewis telethon?  Now that was sarcastic to eliminate some of the banter -
Jerry Lewis is an American icon and your comparison of that clown to him is de**CENSORED**able ..

Let's look at it another way - if it wasn't a "right wing media host" would you have posted in this thread?
Of course not ... I'm just as big a partisan hack as you guys are.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 19, 2011, 08:25:50 AM

Let's look at it another way - if it wasn't a "right wing media host" would you have posted in this thread?

Let's look at it yet another way: What left wing media personality holds events such as these on the regular?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 19, 2011, 09:00:45 AM

More and more people are starting to realize that, which is why his poll numbers are slipping. Obama is more popular in Israel than he is.

Link?

http://www.shmais.com/chabad-news/latest/item/netanyahu-s-popularity-hits-new-low-of-32

http://burnafterreading.nationaljournal.com/2010/03/does-israel-share-obamas-hope.php

The two polls, both taken in March, show Obama with a 41% approval rating in Israel and Netanyahu with a 32% approval rating. Those links new enough for ya?

You might want to check those dates again...

And as to Obama's policies in the Middle East and how they pertain to Israel:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0311/Obama_Israel_pressure_working.html

Again, you point is in question.  Nobody doubts that Obama wants a two-state solution.  And Israel doesn't.  Hence the non-support from the current admin.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 19, 2011, 09:10:54 AM

So let me get this straight Biggs, you think that the US should have actively propped up a brutal dictator who's courageous people rose up against him in a virtually unanimous fashion with demands of democracy and freedom, for the reason that Israel was buddies with him and some special interests might have bellyached about it?  Sure, standing aside while Mubarak was forced out didn't help Israel at all, but that decision was made with our status as the leader of freedom and justice in the world in mind.  If you can't understand that then you are a moral wasteland, un-American, and an idiot to boot.

You reading comprehension sucks.  I said nothing about what America should or should not have done.  I told you what the administration did, after you ignorantly stated they "abundantly" supported Israel.

Come back with the names when you rudimentary grasp of the situation.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 19, 2011, 09:17:20 AM

Please try to keep track of us guys ... I never said they didn't want him there. Hell, I figure if there's a chance there for them to siphon more money from Americans, they're going to be all over it ...

Ah, if I recall correctly it was a good charity money was going to .... but self promotion isn't always directly about money but can be about publicity ... and he's a master of that.

I'm not pissed off, I just think he's a grandstanding, holier than thou publicity whore like most right wing media hosts ...

Keep the imaginary motives coming, BBB.  Maybe next time just state how much you dislike Beck instead going into fantasyland about why he does what he does.

CK - So you are saying Beck will siphon money from Americans, give it to charity and made a big deal out of what has been done and how he did it - something like the Jerry Lewis telethon?  Now that was sarcastic to eliminate some of the banter - as a preamble to the real question.  Let's look at it another way - if it wasn't a "right wing media host" would you have posted in this thread? 

Probably not.  That's why none of those folks have answered my question about why are they specifically upset with this event.  Nobody even knows what is going to happen, for god's sake.

Let's look at it yet another way: What left wing media personality holds events such as these on the regular?

Why would they?  Their audience barely shows up to tune in on radio or TV.  The only way they show up live is if they are bused in by the unions.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#35 : May 19, 2011, 10:34:04 AM

Please try to keep track of us guys ... I never said they didn't want him there. Hell, I figure if there's a chance there for them to siphon more money from Americans, they're going to be all over it ...

Ah, if I recall correctly it was a good charity money was going to .... but self promotion isn't always directly about money but can be about publicity ... and he's a master of that.

I'm not pissed off, I just think he's a grandstanding, holier than thou publicity whore like most right wing media hosts ...

Keep the imaginary motives coming, BBB.  Maybe next time just state how much you dislike Beck instead going into fantasyland about why he does what he does.
I feel there's no reason to point out the obvious .... but I must admit, it's kind of surprising that you appear to be such a strong supporter of him.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#36 : May 19, 2011, 10:39:59 AM

That's because left wingers love this country just as much as the other side but don't need the constant hand holding to reinforce that ... same reason the conservatives media shows get such good ratings. "Please Glenn/Sean/Rush keep telling me what a great American I am unlike those commies bastards on the left" ... Conservatives are a very insecure bunch.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 19, 2011, 10:47:47 AM

but I must admit, it's kind of surprising that you appear to be such a strong supporter of him.

It surprises me that he has any supporters

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 19, 2011, 10:58:40 AM

We conservatives can't be as intellectually elite as you liberal progressives.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#39 : May 19, 2011, 11:27:04 AM

We conservatives can't be as intellectually elite as you liberal progressives.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 19, 2011, 05:57:05 PM

The better question is who would show up for a left wing media personality?  See NPR and MSNBC ratings

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 19, 2011, 05:59:40 PM

CK - So you are saying Beck will siphon money from Americans, give it to charity and made a big deal out of what has been done and how he did it - something like the Jerry Lewis telethon?  Now that was sarcastic to eliminate some of the banter -
Jerry Lewis is an American icon and your comparison of that clown to him is de**CENSORED**able ..

Gotta be careful with those bad words - des-pic-able can get you in trouble... labeler and name caller than you are.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Brahmal

Second String
#42 : May 19, 2011, 06:30:48 PM

So let me get this straight Biggs, you think that the US should have actively propped up a brutal dictator who's courageous people rose up against him in a virtually unanimous fashion with demands of democracy and freedom, for the reason that Israel was buddies with him and some special interests might have bellyached about it?  Sure, standing aside while Mubarak was forced out didn't help Israel at all, but that decision was made with our status as the leader of freedom and justice in the world in mind.  If you can't understand that then you are a moral wasteland, un-American, and an idiot to boot.

You reading comprehension sucks.  I said nothing about what America should or should not have done.  I told you what the administration did, after you ignorantly stated they "abundantly" supported Israel.

Come back with the names when you rudimentary grasp of the situation.
You are correct, no clear statement was made by you, I apologize.  Instead you implied that allowing Mubarak to go hurt Israel, and that this was a valid reason for Netanyahu to be mad at us.  Is this accurate?

As for the "abundant support" thingy, on February 15th of this year the United States vetoed a Security Council resolution condemning the resumption of Israeli settlement building.  The resolution was unanimously approved except for us, thus reasserting the fact that we are Israel's only true friend in the world.  We continue to grant Israel billions of dollars per year in military and economic aid, making up 18% of our total foreign aid budget, the most of any country.  Seems pretty abundant to me.  Just because Obama and Netanyahu aren't bosom buddies doesn't change that fact.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 19, 2011, 06:38:38 PM

Gotta be careful with those bad words - des-pic-able can get you in trouble... labeler and name caller that you are.
Hate the edit options on this board - absolutely sad.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 19, 2011, 07:30:12 PM

Instead you implied that allowing Mubarak to go hurt Israel, and that this was a valid reason for Netanyahu to be mad at us.  Is this accurate?

I didn't imply it, I flat out said it is damaging to Israel.  And you agreed:

Sure, standing aside while Mubarak was forced out didn't help Israel at all,

It's another piece of evidence that this administration doesn't "abundantly support" Israel like you said

As for the "abundant support" thingy, on February 15th of this year the United States vetoed a Security Council resolution condemning the resumption of Israeli settlement building.  The resolution was unanimously approved except for us, thus reasserting the fact that we are Israel's only true friend in the world.  We continue to grant Israel billions of dollars per year in military and economic aid, making up 18% of our total foreign aid budget, the most of any country.  Seems pretty abundant to me.  Just because Obama and Netanyahu aren't bosom buddies doesn't change that fact.   

You negate to mention Biden condemning the building in March.  Your other arguments are not new to the current administration.  It's only been 2 years, they can't change all of the US's policy towards Israel, even if they wanted to.

Did you catch Obama's speech today?  Go ahead and explain how that "abundantly" supports Israel.  The 2-state solution going back to pre-1967 borders is far bigger than any spat between Obama and Netanyahu.  He's siding with Palestine before the negotiations even begin.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glenn Beck to hold "rally to restore courage" in Jerusalem « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools