Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud..."It's not like there are a ton of people that hate me". « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#105 : May 27, 2011, 01:01:34 PM

Black had 26 tackles and 3 forced fumbles in '07, and 20 tackles in '08. He was also a 3rd round draft pick who killed at the combine. His upside was never in question.

I'm pretty sure both McKenzie and Foster were third round picks with pretty good upside as well.  Why are they any different in your analysis?

McKenzie is a 3rd round pick that was cut by the team that drafted him in favor of a player they drafted in the 2nd round a year later. Pretty sure if the Pats were sold on his upside, that scenario would have played out differently. I want McKenzie to be a solid pick up. Like the guy's heart, like the guy's story. But I'm also realistic.

As for Foster, I never said I wasn't sold on the guy. He's going to be good. But you need more than 1 good LB, especially if that 1 good LB has never played an NFL snap before.

Quarles retired after the 2006 season AFTER the Bucs released him in favor of Ruud. Ruud was not thrown into the fire.

You appear to think Quarles' injury didn't have anything to do with the Bucs releasing him.

Oh, I'm sure it might have had something to do with it. But not as much as the fact that he was 35 years old and they had a 2nd round pick invested in Ruud.
: May 27, 2011, 01:03:21 PM CBWx2

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud..."It's not like there are a ton of people that hate me". « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools