Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud..."It's not like there are a ton of people that hate me". « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 22, 2011, 10:29:30 PM

Evidently it is beyond you to divine - bc you missed completely.  Now rather than stretch this out, this type of comment is borderline prohibited.  For good reason.  You should leave this type of comment for some other site.

That's odd, because I consistently see that charge brought against others, and have had it pointed at myself several times.
Figured you knew better.  Too bad you chose to ignore it this week.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 23, 2011, 12:59:51 AM

Simply stated.....I want a pitbull in the middle.  Ruud is a chihuahua.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : May 23, 2011, 01:01:49 AM

Shelton Quarles wasn't exactly a pit bull.   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 23, 2011, 01:10:02 AM

Shelton Quarles wasn't exactly a pit bull.

Didn't say I was a fan of his either.  The team needs a different personality in the middle like Ray, then the whole D takes on that personality.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDog

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 23, 2011, 01:20:49 AM

Bucs had the #1 defense in the NFL with Quarles there.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 23, 2011, 01:24:40 AM

Bucs had the #1 defense in the NFL with Quarles there.

No mention of Ronde, Warren or Brooks and the others?  It was Quarles who made that D #1 ?    C'mon man.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDog

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 23, 2011, 01:26:01 AM

He was part of it and he went to a Pro Bowl.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 23, 2011, 01:41:16 AM

He was part of it and he went to a Pro Bowl.

I suppose Ruud is a decent player, probably a real nice dude too, I imagine.   But I want to see a mean, bad azz, head banger in there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 23, 2011, 02:24:19 AM

Anyone else remember that missed tackle against Justin Forsett in the Seahawks game? That was unreal...

What I remember from last season is the fumble he caused with a nice hit in the last NO game that we HAD to have.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 23, 2011, 02:28:23 AM

When I think of Ruud, I think of this:

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 23, 2011, 02:29:17 AM

Blame management?  When have they had the opportunity before now?  Sure they could of just cut him, but I think Dom has proven he is way smarter than that.  Now if he signs a big deal somewhere,  the Bucs get a nice comp pick next year.

And what happens if we go with the inexperienced Foster and McKenzie and they both get torched? I don't see the Bucs having that much leverage at the MLB position right now. And if the lockout drags on for a while, the leverage will swing in Ruud's favor. You think Morris wants to go with two inexperienced MLBs who won't have time to get ready for opening day?

I hope Foster and/or McKenzie are studs. But we just don't know that yet. And with this team being a playoff contender, I'd want to make sure we're solid at MLB.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 23, 2011, 05:37:16 AM

though we all want to see rudd replaced myself included Morris speaks highly of him....if dominik resigns him what then....I have become a believer in what both morris and dominik are doing here.....the last 2 drafts have been the best i've ever seen ...so far...we will know for sure in 3 years......but they are looking good right now and 10 and 6 last year which could have been easily 13 wins with one of the best qbs in the nfl playing with 10 rookies starting and a rash of injuries to contend with....morris was robbed and dominik too of coach and gm of the year....thats fine because no body thinks of us as sb contenders  which is silly because we have all the injured coming back and we are loaded for bear......whatever this dynamic duo do is fine with me.....I was down on clayborn but when they had a choice of 3 top des and took adrian well then i'm on board just like when they took freeman.....nobody here wanted him  but they were spot on with that pick .......so again if they resign rudd or not what ever they decide i'm backing morris and dominik because they know a lot more then I  do.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 23, 2011, 09:17:05 AM

What I remember from last season is the fumble he caused with a nice hit in the last NO game that we HAD to have.

i disagree on this play somewhat.  it was a nice FF, and we did need it.  but it wasnt a great "play" by the MLB.  our DE was twisting the RB to the ground and the MLB finished him off.   he was, imo, hopping on the pile.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 23, 2011, 09:19:41 AM

And what happens if we go with the inexperienced Foster and McKenzie and they both get torched? I don't see the Bucs having that much leverage at the MLB position right now. And if the lockout drags on for a while, the leverage will swing in Ruud's favor. You think Morris wants to go with two inexperienced MLBs who won't have time to get ready for opening day?

I hope Foster and/or McKenzie are studs. But we just don't know that yet. And with this team being a playoff contender, I'd want to make sure we're solid at MLB.

i think hayward would be able to fill the role nicely.  i dont think dominik will mortgage the future on ruud just because he wants an experienced MLB for the 2011 season.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 23, 2011, 09:21:52 AM

so again if they resign rudd or not what ever they decide i'm backing morris and dominik because they know a lot more then I  do.

hear ye hear ye!  if they re-sign ruud it means they really do just want a safety valve at MLB, which means OLB's need to improve significantly.  i just gotta believe that if dominik and morris were sold on ruud (and his strengths as a player) he would have his extension already.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud..."It's not like there are a ton of people that hate me". « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools