Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the youngest NFL starting QB in the game today? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 16, 2012, 01:09:29 AM

Bull, **CENSORED**!

LOL

BucsNHEAT

Practice Squad

#31 : March 16, 2012, 01:20:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=fNFmF9DcZ1k

I got goose bumps while watching this and picturing #83 along with mike williams

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 16, 2012, 01:21:10 AM

At least a third of the posters here would be happy to just cut Freeman and figure the rest out later. 

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 16, 2012, 01:45:01 AM

At least a third of the posters here would be happy to just cut Freeman and figure the rest out later.
I don't think that is the case at all.  Most fans simply want to see him return to form.  He played the game at a much slower pace last year. You can clearly see in that vid of the 2010 highlights that he is at his best at a lower weight and fleet-footed.  Freeman holds a lot of promise and it is his choice to become one of the best.  The pieces to make that happen are falling into place and fans should be excited.  There is a ton on his shoulders now and I hope the coaching changes make all the difference. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 16, 2012, 01:53:29 AM

No Buc fan wouldn't take Stafford over Freeman if it was possible.   Stafford is great.

Matthew Stafford's recent contract restructure converted all but $615,000 of his $11.5 million 2012 salary into a signing bonus.
The maneuver lowered his cap number from $17.1 million to roughly $9 million. It means Stafford will technically be playing for the league minimum in 2012. His $10.885 million "bonus" will be prorated over the next four years.
Source: Detroit Free Press Mar 16 - 1:07 AM

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 16, 2012, 01:56:41 AM

NEVER forget 2010 Freeman!
: March 16, 2012, 02:00:02 AM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 16, 2012, 01:59:20 AM

No Buc fan wouldn't take Stafford over Freeman if it was possible.   Stafford is great.

Matthew Stafford's recent contract restructure converted all but $615,000 of his $11.5 million 2012 salary into a signing bonus.
The maneuver lowered his cap number from $17.1 million to roughly $9 million. It means Stafford will technically be playing for the league minimum in 2012. His $10.885 million "bonus" will be prorated over the next four years.
Source: Detroit Free Press Mar 16 - 1:07 AM

Why in the world would he let them pro-rate what would have been his salary? especially with no new money.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#37 : March 16, 2012, 06:44:45 AM

I would expect that they gave him an extra 10.885 million immediately upon signing that "signing bonus".   That was new money.   The fact that it's prorated over the next 4 years is merely salary cap jargon.   He has that money already.   The Lions knew they were going to pay him in 2012 and forward so they didn't feel it a risk to do that and reduce the salary cap so they could sign CJ and keep him around.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 16, 2012, 08:01:51 AM

And JavaRay is clearly no Buc fan.

Look yourself in the mirror and try to tell yourself you wouldn't be happy if the Bucs traded Freeman for Stafford.

Stafford is overrated. It's really easy to look great when you know if all else fails you can just throw a jump ball to Megatron and 75% of the time he will come down with it. Kind of reminds me of when Randy Moss was in his prime , and everyone thought Daunte Culpepper was so great. How'd that work out for Culpepper after he left the Vikings ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 16, 2012, 08:04:07 AM

Lolz, gotta love what you can dig up on Google.

Lions fan here, trolling like a bawse. You guys pay attention this year? I feel like you were very wrong in your Stafford v. Freeman debate. Your "future" guy all but disappeared, and my guy threw for 5000 yards. No big deal. I wouldn't be here if you guys weren't disrespectful in the first place, but hey, I'm all about good fun. Happy replying!
One word: Megatron.

Also, too bad Stafford's arm **CENSORED**ing breaks off every other second.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 16, 2012, 08:08:39 AM

Look yourself in the mirror and try to tell yourself you wouldn't be happy if the Bucs traded Freeman for Stafford.

FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing is that people actually respond to your trolling.  Seems transparent to me, but hey maybe people are bored.  Now I am starting to understand why a lonely guy like you trolls.  It's like instant friends . . . well, you know what I mean. :-)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 16, 2012, 10:53:44 AM

FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing is that people actually respond to your trolling.  Seems transparent to me, but hey maybe people are bored.  Now I am starting to understand why a lonely guy like you trolls.  It's like instant friends . . . well, you know what I mean. :-)

LOL

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#42 : March 16, 2012, 11:00:40 AM

FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing is that people actually respond to you

Ya, imagine someone doing that.....

RyanDodge

Practice Squad

#43 : March 17, 2012, 03:03:47 PM

I'll throw another one out there, just for funsies.

So Stafford has CJ, and apparently that takes away from everything he can do. Gotta love that argument. I mean, he doesn't have great vision, and doesn't see his tight ends over the middle almost EVERY time they're open, while still having the arm strength to hit post routes to Burleson. He would still have 3500 yards without CJ, and apparently doing that without a number one means nothing. Sure, CJ requires a lot of attention, opening up the field a little more for other receivers, but still. And seriously, I know he gets hurt, but if you're really going to knock on Stafford's skill, you are extremely ignorant.

And how is it that I immediately garner insult, saying I don't have friends? I didn't search intently for my next troll target, I googled young teams, and this forum popped up. I'm not doing anything you aren't, defending my quarterback. Which means you all don't have friends either, right? But of course that logic only goes one way, that would only make sense. So immature.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 17, 2012, 03:15:26 PM

Josh Freeman in my mind is the QB of the future...meaning he is the best option we have at this point.

If he goes 2011 on us again...its time to pull the cord and invest in a QB again. I don't want Schiano to fail because of Freeman.

If Freeman can't produce with a TOP 5 OL and a true #1 Deep Threat....then he just simply isn't the QB we need.

2010 Freeman = Future.
2011 Freeman = Barkley please.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the youngest NFL starting QB in the game today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools