Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama losing "it"??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #30 : May 31, 2011, 03:45:39 PM »

Food stamps up 38% since he took office. 

Way to keep your core voter on the line,  Mr Pres.
http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/34SNAPmonthly.htm

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #31 : May 31, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »

Meanwhile, Floridians are posting wiseass comments about our president's heredity.....evidently, Obama's great, great, great grandfather was from Ireland.

'Splains a lot, and he doesn't look like he is enjoying it.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #32 : May 31, 2011, 05:34:41 PM »

even better is Michele's face.  must've been her first beer.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #33 : May 31, 2011, 06:48:09 PM »

even better is Michele's face.  must've been her first beer.

Conan doing a bit on Mr Transparency/their beer drinking.  Pretty funny.
http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2011/05/breaking-conan-still-awesome

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #34 : June 02, 2011, 10:59:57 AM »

LOL - nice find

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #35 : June 30, 2011, 07:15:49 PM »

An article interviewing a supposed White house ''insider" who says BHO is losing his "spark", is not interested in executive duties, especially when crowds aren't around.

His news conference yesterday was disturbing, condescending and polarizing. Pointing fingers at Congress like he did isn't very presidential. His analogy to his daughter's homework was very parochial.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The consensus in the wake of President Obama’s press conference on Wednesday was that he was mad as hell (at Congress) and wasn’t going to take it any more.

But, with the press conference now in the political rear view mirror, the question that needs to be asked is whether Obama’s combative tone — he unfavorably compared the behavior of Republicans in Congress to his two daughters’ homework habits — is part of a broader strategy to run against an unpopular Congress in the lead-up to the 2012 election or simply an isolated incident born less of political positioning than personal pique.

Not surprisingly, Obama’s press conference won him cheers from Democrats and jeers from Republicans.

“Bravo!,” said House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.). “This is the fight House Democrats have been making for the last six months under the Republican majority as they move to end Medicare and continue tax breaks for Big Oil.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) was less charitable. “The President doesn’t seem to get it,” he said, adding an invite for President Obama to come to Capitol Hill to meet with GOP Senators and see “why what he is proposing will not pass.” (The White House rejected the offer.)

House Speaker John Boehner (Ohio) struck a similar tone , citing the “irony” of Obama’s press conference; “His administration has been burying our kids and grandkids in new debt and offered no plan to rein in spending,” Boehner said.

The whole episode brought to mind a well-publicized incident back in January 2010 when, at a House Republican retreat in Baltimore, Obama hammered the attendees for their intransigence on his health care reform bill.

The back and forth, which was televised, was touted by Democrats as a political turning point for Obama — a sign that he was taking the fight to Congress rather than the other way around.

Obama did, eventually, get his health care bill through Congress and signed into law. But, his aggressive tone had faded considerably by the time the bill became law.

And, in the wake of his party’s midterm election losses — defeats that many House and Senate strategists blamed on the extended fight over health care — Obama tacked to the ideological middle.

The most obvious example came in December 2010 when Obama cut a deal with Congressional Republicans to extend all of the Bush tax cuts for two years — a move that liberals decried as a concession too far.

The true test of whether Obama is willing to stick to his aggressive posture will come as the August 2 deadline for the U.S. to raise the debt ceiling approaches.

At the moment, Obama and Congressional GOP leaders are playing a game of political chicken — and both have pressed down rather than let up on the accelerator over the past 24 hours.

“The key thing here is for everyone to be focused on making progress,” said White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer in an interview on MSNBC’s “Daily Rundown” Thursday. “This is a moment....If we let it pass us by, that would be a huge missed opportunity for the country. ”

If Republicans refuse to back away from their “no tax increases”pledge in a debt limit deal, Obama seems to have only two options going forward: turn the wheel or be willing to crash the car.

Polling suggests blame for a default would be evenly allocated between Obama and Republicans. But Obama would have the power of the presidential bully pulpit to make his case directly to the public while congressional Republicans would struggle to match that megaphone.

If what we saw on Wednesday is the leading edge of a strategic gambit to show Obama’s more aggressive side, he will keep the pedal to the metal even as the debt ceiling deadline rushes close.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/obama-full-of-sound-and-fury-signifying-what/2011/06/30/AGCaePsH_blog.html
« : June 30, 2011, 07:19:55 PM morgan »

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #36 : June 30, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/jeremy-warner/8609649/The-IMF-has-turned-into-Obamas-poodle.html

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #37 : June 30, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »

“Bravo!,” said House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.). “This is the fight House Democrats have been making for the last six months under the Republican majority as they move to end Medicare and continue tax breaks for Big Oil.”

Did the Minority Leader say why she and the Democrats didn't pass a budget when she was the Majority Leader merely months ago, when they had total control of both Congress and the Executive Office?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #38 : July 01, 2011, 05:59:52 AM »

Too bad a writer/commentator that uses words for a living couldn't find a more acceptable word and had to settle for "**CENSORED**."
----------------------------------------------------

Mark Halperin suspended by MSNBC
By: Tim Mak
June 30, 2011 07:07 AM EDT

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/58098.html

MSNBC senior political analyst Mark Halperin was suspended on Thursday by the cable network after he called President Obama “a **CENSORED**” on a popular morning show and then quickly apologized.

“I thought he was a kind of a **CENSORED** yesterday,” Halperin, who also is an editor at large for Time, said on “Morning Joe,” referring to the president’s conduct during his press conference.

A couple of hours later, MSNBC issued a statement, saying, “Mark Halperin’s comments this morning were completely inappropriate and unacceptable. We apologize to the president, the White House and all of our viewers. We strive for a high level of discourse, and comments like these have no place on our air. Therefore, Mark will be suspended indefinitely from his role as an analyst.”

The cable outlet also put out a statement from Halperin at the same time, saying, “I completely agree with everything in MSNBC’s statement about my remark. I believe that the step they are taking in response is totally appropriate. Again, I want to offer a heartfelt and profound apology to the president, to my MSNBC colleagues and to the viewers. My remark was unacceptable, and I deeply regret it.”

Time issued a statement later Thursday, calling Halperin’s comments “inappropriate and in no way reflective of Time’s views.”

The magazine did not suspend Halperin but said, “We have issued a warning to him that such behavior is unacceptable” and noted that he had “appropriately” apologized.

White House press secretary Jay Carney said on Thursday afternoon that he called Halperin’s bosses at MSNBC.

“The comment that was made was inappropriate,” Carney told reporters in his daily briefing. “It would be inappropriate to say that about either president of either party.”

Obama’s chief political adviser, David Axelrod, said the crude remark was likely a “mistake” that shouldn’t be seen as representative of Halperin’s career.

“What he said was obviously stupid and tasteless, and he exercised poor judgment,” Axelrod told The Washington Post. “I think he’d be the first to acknowledge that. I strongy disagree with his analysis. But I’ve known him for decades. He’s a decent person and a good journalist. I’m sure that no one regrets this more than he does.”

The incident took place during the “Morning Joe” show, when host Joe Scarborough asked Halperin what he thought of Obama’s press conference and Halperin questioned whether the seven-second delay was in effect so he could give his real opinion — apparently thinking it would be bleeped out before hitting the air. Scarborough told Halperin to go for it because they would use the delay to prevent whatever he said from being broadcast. “You fall down, I’m going to catch you,” Scarborough told Halperin.

At that point, Halperin said he thought Obama had been “kind of a **CENSORED**.” Scarborough then expressed amazement that Halperin had actually said that and told him he had only been joking about using the seven-second delay.

“Delay that. Delay that. What are you doing? I can’t believe … don’t do that. Did we delay that?” Scarborough said.

“I was just joking,” Scarborough said to Halperin.

“Catch me now, I’m falling,” Halperin responded.

Just minutes later, Halperin quickly apologized on the air to the president and viewers for his choice of words. “Joking aside, this is an absolute apology. I shouldn’t have said it. I apologize to the president and the viewers who heard me say that,” Halperin said.

“We’re going to have a meeting after the show,” Scarborough said.

According to Scarborough, there had been a mishap with the seven-second delay button — a new executive producer apparently didn’t know how it worked. “You are supposed to know how to do the job,” Scarborough said of his producer. “I would tell you what I think of him, but he doesn’t know what button to push.”

Later in the show, Halperin again apologized, saying, “I can’t explain why I did it. It’s inappropriate, disrespectful. I’ve already apologized, and I will again to the president. I’m sorry, I’m sorry to the viewers …It is disrespectful, what I said was disrespectful to the president and the office, but it also lowers our discourse.”

He also tweeted to his followers, “I want to offer a heartfelt and profound apology to the president and the viewers of “Morning Joe.” My remark was not funny. I deeply regret it.”

Scarborough and Morning Joe Executive Producer Alex Korson said they were sorry for what happened.
“Certainly, [host] Mika [Brzezinski] and I also apologize to viewers,” Scarborough said. “And we hear this all the time — parents come up and say, ‘Hey, by the way, we don’t just watch the show, our kids watch the show.’”

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #39 : July 01, 2011, 07:01:36 AM »

haha he called the president a **CENSORED**! Awesome. Gotta be a first.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #40 : July 01, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »

Halperin appears to be set up by Joe and Mika....

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-30-2011/willie-geist---apology-chaperone?xrs=share_copy

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : July 01, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »

Too bad a writer/commentator that uses words for a living couldn't find a more acceptable word and had to settle for "**CENSORED**."

Sometimes, regardless of your profession, you just gotta call it as it is :)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #42 : July 01, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »

:D nice  :D

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : July 02, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1fA9-SryzY&feature=youtu.be

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #44 : July 02, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »

Yea - if you keep the tax breaks - especially for folks who have been successful - the President won't have money to spend getting vot... err.... making sure there is a level playing field for the little guys - yea, okay.  Little guys code name for unions?  GE?  Wall Street?  Al Gore?  SEIU?  Andy Stern?   

What is the one my daughter uses - ARE YOU JOKIN' ME????

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama losing "it"??? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools